Went to Brazil this weekend

Rick G

Went to Brazil this weekend

Post by Rick G »

thinking my buddies, Randy Best, Gary Robson, Keith G and I were gonna fish in the Peacock Bass World Championships and when we got off the plane and cleared customs were informed there were "problems". Saving a long story a competetive outfitter who was pissed off that the event was not at his camp had the Governor of the State of Amazonas have the tournament posponed. How about flying to the other side of nowhere to play cards for 2 days and get back on the plane and come back to the good ol USA. We are thinking about flying to Madagascar tomorrow to watch the sunrise. lol Tournament has been rescheduled for December. Crazy, Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
Schneider Fishing

Re: Went to Brazil this weekend

Post by Schneider Fishing »

So, who won at cards?
Robert Schneider
My wife is my real sponsor

www.PhenixBaits.com
Brian Linehan

Re: Went to Brazil this weekend

Post by Brian Linehan »

That sucks Rick. Sorry to hear that.
Kelly Ripa

I'm in the wrong business....

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Bummer too because I can sell sand to Arabs and refridgerators to Eskimo's....I sure miss the Aerospace money to bad there isn't anymore manfacturing in the U.S.................Thank you Mr. Clinton :evil: ....I hope we never get in a real shoot'n war or we'll be buying our bullets from China.....Prolly be the only thing without lead :wink:

Rip

Sorry you couldn't fish the tournament....So, no fun fishing for peacocks instead?
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
Rick G

What really sucks

Post by Rick G »

is the 6 months of planning. But all Bassfishermen/women need to at one time feel the power of a big Peacock Bass smoking a topwater plug. Some folks spend there hard earned $ on FLW or Won Bass pro-ams, so some of my good buddies and I spend our cheeze of the occasional Jungle Adventure which is a blast. Give it a try someday. Were all going back in December to put it to those Brazilians. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
tunaman

Re: What really sucks

Post by tunaman »

Just for that, I hope you guys win it all! Karma, baby!!!

Roger
Ron T.

Post by Ron T. »

Rick is not all about selling boats , Im going to Venezuella for the peacocks in Dec. and Rick has been a big help in helping me get geared up with what , where to find , and how to plan my trip . I cant wait !!
Although Im sure he would like to put me in a new ride, but than I couldent afford to go to Venezuella . :wink:
kahuna bass

Post by kahuna bass »

Rick,

You might want to consider Lake Wilson on Oahu, for some peacock bass fishing. My last two trips there have been excellent. The lake is only 400 acre size, but has very little pressure. It has large mouth, small mouth, peacocks and some other exotics.

If your expecting peacocks in the 10lb plus size, than the option would not be good. Most peacocks are 1 1/2 to 6 lbs, but numbers can be epic. You can catch over a hundered in one day. It appears, the hotter the weather, the better the fishing. Live bait, crank bait, top water bait, swim bait, fly fishing, it all works.

Heading back to the islands this weekend, going to focus on swim baits. Remember, big bait, big fish!

Fish in the morning, hit the beach in the afternoon. Life is good.

Mel"kahuna bass"
bassrockstar

Post by bassrockstar »

Peacock fishing in Hawaii is like shooting fish in a barrell, on almost any given day you can go to those planted at one time lakes and catch 50-200 "dink" sized peacocks that are yes fun but nothing like sticking the real 10-20 pounders in a natural setting with varying conditions like the amazon has.
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

I have been to Brazil and Venezuela 8-9 times and have also caught Peacocks in Hawaii. Pretty much the rush for my buddies and I is the quest for Peacock Bass over 20lbs. That is the Milestone for any Throphy hunter. Brazil and certain Rivers in Venezuela like where Ron T. is going offer by far the best chance of a Giant Pavon. Its all about the adventure. Rick G.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
Darkman

Post by Darkman »

Sorry to hear you couldn't party like a rock star in Brazil....But December is just around the corner.....one day I will make it out there. I agree. its all about the Biguns......but those fish in HI
they will do just fine...peace
ERICK PRADO...Peace
Ron T.

Post by Ron T. »

According to the outfitter , I can take some time and experiance one of the last remaining true native indian tribes that live in the region . Real national geografic stuff . I hope I return with the same hat size ! :shock: This is the kind of stuff you share with your future grand children .
Rick G

Ron, just like in the movie "Apocalypse Now"

Post by Rick G »

Never leave the boat. lol Rick G.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
Darkman

"Apocalypse Now" big brownie points

Post by Darkman »

extra brownie points for the Apocalypse now reference,

I love the scent of Smelly jelly in the morning!!!!
ERICK PRADO...Peace