Quick Trolling/Battery question?

jaime7819

Quick Trolling/Battery question?

Post by jaime7819 »

Generally, how long should a 24v 71 lb. trolling motor run on "good" batteries? Would obvious drainage be noticed within a few hours? Is 6-7 hours total run time not right(a dying battery or both)? thanks for the replys. They are larger batteries.
Bill kizer

Re: Quick Trolling/Battery question?

Post by Bill kizer »

My first set of batteries lasted a little over a year and a half. Then I started noticing rapid power loss under windier condition. From now on when I first notice that condition they will be history.
Just call me Tule bender
battman

Post by battman »

Who is the Manufacturer of the Batteries you have? How old are the Batteries? If you give me the (2) answers here i can give you the approx. run time.

Charlie
Charlie Evans

www.batterysystems.net
www.centennialbattery.com
www.trojanbattery.com
www.dualpro.com
www.northstarbattery.com
www.rollsbattery.com
www.DobynsRods.com
Odyssey Batteries/Trolling Thunder Batteries
jaime7819

Post by jaime7819 »

They are about two years old. THey are ac delco voyagers. I ran the trolling motor on the lower settings most of the time about 7 hours yeserday and the batterys were pretty low. They were obviously significantly lower in the wind at the end of the day.
minnkotaman

Post by minnkotaman »

concider your self lucky. the last i heard delco had a 20% return rate on their batteries. jim ramos at american battery in hayward (510.881.5122) makes a killer group 31 battery. i run a 101 and 3 days is no problem. i just changed mine out i thought they were about 6 years old, turns out they were 10 years old. i just check the water once a month.
minnkotaman

Post by minnkotaman »

concider your self lucky. the last i heard delco had a 20% return rate on their batteries. jim ramos at american battery in hayward (510.881.5122) makes a killer group 31 battery. i run a 101 and 3 days is no problem. i just changed mine out i thought they were about 6 years old, turns out they were 10 years old. i just check the water once a month.
battman

Post by battman »

Well it sounds like you have Sulphation built up on the plates of the Battery! With the age of the Batteries there is not much you can do about it now, unfortunately. With Lead Acid Batteries i always recommend 15 Amps per Battery for Charging. The higher Amperage will help break down this Sulphation and bring your Batteries to a 100% state of charge! What Charger are you using??

Feel free to give me a call if you would like to discuss this further!

I can help you out with Batteries, and Charger!!
Cell 916-997-2327
If i do not answer, please leave a message. I am at the Hospital with my Wife, New Baby coming!!!!!

Charlie
Charlie Evans

www.batterysystems.net
www.centennialbattery.com
www.trojanbattery.com
www.dualpro.com
www.northstarbattery.com
www.rollsbattery.com
www.DobynsRods.com
Odyssey Batteries/Trolling Thunder Batteries
Slippy

Post by Slippy »

i have 82lbs 24v system i run 2 AC delco 30's there about 2 years old. I have yet to run them down in a single day even on a strong current on the delta. I always put them on the charger as soon as i get home or if im on a 2 day tourney i always charge them between days.
LL
LEN B

Post by LEN B »

Jaime shoot me an e-mall. I lost yours

THANKS LEN :D