Sieg Taylor leads Triton tourny! (unofficial).......

bassrman

Sieg Taylor leads Triton tourny! (unofficial).......

Post by bassrman »

I just heard that sieg taylor is leading day 1 of the triton owners tourny @ clear lake with around 26#s,also 96 boats total,20 boats were sent home when tried to sign up late,?.....this is all unofficial.....do not quote me.....
Norv

Re: Sieg Taylor leads Triton tourny! (unofficial).......

Post by Norv »

Another team came in after Seig and Katrina with a little over 28 pounds. Seig and Katrina are now in secdond. Phil Hill and I are solidly in the middle of the pack. We're planning on three nines and a couple of eights or sevens to make a charge for first place.

Bernie House, the tournament director did tell me that he turned down 20+ registrations that came in after the September 22nd deadline.

This is a first class run tournament. Triton brought out a support trailer and technions from the factory to help the anglers that were have problems.

The company couldn't bring out any Triton clothing because of sales tax issues. Luckily Galaxie Marine brought up some shirts, hats, oil and other items for the anglers to buy.

Kent Brown did a great job at the banquet last night before heading back to Sacramento for his weekly radio show. He was back to MC the weigh-in at 3 P.M.

It was a lot of fun seeing 96 Tritons at blast off this morning. It's amazing to see all of the different models and color combinations in one place.

One of the 96 teams will take home a fully rigged 21 footer as a raffle prize. In addition to the boat Triton will be raffling off rods, trolling motors graphs, gps units, life jackets and a bunch of other things at the weigh in tomorrow.

I aked Kent that if I won the new boat could he tow it home for me!!!

Well time to get some sleep so that Phil and I will have enough energy to haul in all of the nine pounders tomorrow.
Norval Chan

ESOX Rods
Put a Sock on It
Xtreme Reel+
Peregrine 250
Water Dog
Eagle Eye
California Community Credit Union

Post by Guest »

Actually Sieg isn't leading.

Sieg is about 1 and half pounds behind Jeff Billings and his Partner.

Sieg had a 9 lber for big fish of the day and weighed in about 27 lbs.

Jeff and his partner (sorry don't know his name) had a 7 lber and brought in over 28 lbs.

The team to watch is Travis Tarver and Kevin Hall! I believe they are top 5 and both are great sticks on Clear Lake.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

As a sidebar, did you guys know that Kevin Hall is the world record bass holder on 6 lb test line? I bet he couldn't lift that fish now-a-days hehe

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

Kind of funny to see 2 Skeeter pro staffers in first and second at the Triton tournement.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Waiting to hear....
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln