Pro Teen - By the REAL ORIGINATOR

yilike2fish

Pro Teen - By the REAL ORIGINATOR

Post by yilike2fish »

After reading everything -
I am okay bringing up the poor - but the way the Pro teen is handled now - SUCKS!!!!
It was meant for teens unable to fish normally - with the $30 entry it is all about the site and the pros claiming what they did NOW.
What happened to helping kids fish?

The ORIGINAL owner planned for the event to benefit kids that needed help to be apart of it.
It is now a stop shop and costs too much for regular kids... let alone needy kids.
The Pro Teen is an now a small rep of the original - including a Make A Wish rep in Levi that you don't have now.

Teens - 30 dollars? Sheesh! They make that in the BBQ.
Stand firm - Kids need to fish more than some - unfortunately it is kids with money that get the breaks.
I seem to accept that the kids with breaks get more breaks.
I blame Tony & Cooch for disregarding the problem.

Hopefully they will correct it next time & kids that need and deserve will be a part of the program FREE.
I know all the costs - personally the first 3 years....
You all told me I didn't matter - with my idea and concept - just to get your way.......
Signed Ex Pro Teen Person/Creator
The kids matter more than anything in my book!
Westernbassfishing.net
westernbassfishing.net
Long Nguyen

Re: Pro Teen - By the REAL ORIGINATOR

Post by Long Nguyen »

huh?
yilike2fish

Post by yilike2fish »

I am sorry I wasn't clear.
How do you explain $30 to a kid that just want's to fish?
Now picture a kid that wants to fish & knows nobody. but thinks about it but no money.
It is too much$$$!!!!

In what I planned it would be free by now to kids.
In Tony & Cooch - it cost's kids a record amount to fish....
Even with pros donating their time.

I guess they really suck at getting $ or they are not willing to spend on the kids that matter.
westernbassfishing.net
rexford

Post by rexford »

Hi Dana,

Glad to see you are doing well. Sure hope you can move
forward and either forgive or forget. I did a CAST event
this spring and it was fantastic. Maybe we can see you
next year? I will need a captain for a patio boat if you
are interested. As for the Pro Teen it is a wonderful
event and you should be proud of your past participation.
Maybe a pre event fund raiser could be considered to
help the families that can not afford to participate? I
would be happy to donate towards this as I am sure
others would as well. Andy, Tony and everyone involved
in this program are Heroes in my book.

Take care,
Mike
Phil Burgess

Post by Phil Burgess »

i was there this year for the first time and i can say it was a great event i was lucky enough to help out with the rest of the crew and I can tell you cooch and stony would not have turned any kid!!!!!!!!

how can you say what you are saying

I watched bobby pull up park and ask cooch "Hey you still need me" He sat there for about 45 min because they did not need him

YET

Right about blast off a young man came running down to the parking lot to see if there were more fireworks and ta help ole Cooch lite em off. Cooch asks the kid if he wants to go fishing, and puts him in the boat with Bobby!!!!!!

Let just say by looking at young man you could tell he was totally elated!!!!!!!!! This little guy had the biggest grin i have seen in a while and he proly dident even know he was fishin with one of the best on the delta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now you tell me bad or good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ILL RIDE TO HELL AND BACK WITH YOU BOYS!!!!!!!!!!
Gator

Post by Gator »

We have a motto - No kid left on the dock. And we have kept that motto alive every year.

I have been involved with the Pro-Teen since I believe the second year and will not miss it for anything. I am on the staff, along with sTony, Cooch and a bunch of others who volunteer our time to make sure that the event is a success for the kids. that is what this event is about, the kids.

It has grown in participant size each year. We continue to get greater volunteer involvement as well.

Dana - I know you and enjoyed the time we got to work together at these events. I know that your original concept may not be what the event is today but I for one will always enjoy all of those smiling faces every year.
g-man

Post by g-man »

Huh?? I helped out with the pro teen event this year, and it was great. All the kids looked stoked, and the event was as smooth as can be! All involved did a great job!
100% LL
Cooch

Re: C.O. Pro-Teen

Post by Cooch »

Hi Dana, aka SSC for those who don't know or remember Ms. Hoffman. Ya know it's really sad, that the most negative thing we hear in regards to the C.O. Pro-Teen every year, are the comments comming from you. What's worse, is the imaginative picture you have painted in your mind, considering you bailed on us, on your own choice, and have refused to participate and join us the past 4-5 years. You really have no clue since ya went into seclusion from the bass fishing world, and you've really once again opened a can of worms Luv.

Im not gonna attempt to justify or defend against all of yer comments, because as Mike mentions, you are the one who is stuck in the past, harboring yer anger, and have yet to come ta grips with how successful and wonderful the C.O.Pro-Teen event has become. I still tell the story at each event, how Brent came to you, then the two of ya came to me, we then brought this thing to fruition. It is an event, that "we", the anglers put together. Ya still seem ta be stuck in yer, "I, I, I....." boat. In as much as ya can say "The kids matter more than anything in my book!", you are making it very clear to all, where yer coming from.

We've set records in attendance the past two years with 84 then 85 participants, we've never left a kid on the dock, two years running we've had more boats than teens. Kids come from Oregon, Utah, Washington to San Diego. They come from all walks of life, young men and women. That $30, still only covers the insurance and launch, barely. And I still talk to every parent before the event. They are amazed at what we do for such a low cost. And just so ya know, we do have sponsors who pony up for entrants who might not otherwise be able. Heck, one year, we had a sponsor pay for every teen. You're so outa touch with this Luv.

I'm just gonna let the folks here who have actually taken the time to step forward and share piece of their life and time with these kids, and actually have participated who know first hand, share their insight with you. Maybe some day, you'll come back around, maybe this is the first step for you, only time will tell. There are those who miss you, I hear it every year, someday, you'll come around and hear it fer yerself. I don't know how many times I've said this to you.

Good ta hear from ya, I like that new handle! Show us ya mean it!
Dewayne

Re: Dana

Post by Dewayne »

The fact is it cost money to put on an event. There are lot of volunteers and sponsors, but an insurance policy is needed to cover everyone is case something bad happens. There are lunches to provide to kids and staff, launch fees, expenses when a volunteer locks the keys in a truck, an etc.

How about approaching your concern from a different direction. While there are many kids that can afford the $30 there may be some who's family situation makes the $30 a hurdle. Unfortunately as you know, fishing can be an expensive sport. If one cannot put food on the table, tournament bass fishing is probably not something they should be spending money on. Yet these kids deserve to see what the outdoors can offer and maybe that will help motivate them to stay in school and work hard to achieve their goals.

Lets approach this from a different direction. How about you put your time towards helping raise money to sponsor those who can not afford the entry fee. I will donate 2 entry fees to help a couple kids who can not afford the event.
Last edited by Dewayne on Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dewayne
rexford

Post by rexford »

I will sponsor two kids as well.
Smitty_dennis

Re: C.O. Pro-Teen

Post by Smitty_dennis »

Cooch, I have not been able to participate in the Pro teen in the past because of other commitments, but I'm willing to help. Just let me know. I will sponsor a kid too. I hear nothing but positive things each year.

S20/Cruiser Haven!
DeltaDan

C.O. Pro-Teen

Post by DeltaDan »

Cooch- Ya got another sponsored teen from me !

This will be the first Pro-Teen for my oldest son as he will fianlly meet the minimum age required...and I would gladly pay $125 for him to have this truly awesome and wonderful blessing of an experince ~!!

Thanks again to all the Boaters, Sponsors and Volunters !! -- I honestly believe there in nothing like/ that can even compare the the Pro-Teen on the west coast ....... if not the entire US !!

Dan
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
sTony

Post by sTony »

I guess I've been called worse. Dana, Hi, it's been a long time. We'll be drawing nearer to the 10th annual Pro Teen and as always you're welcome to attend or volunteer.

Because you've been away so long you probably don't know that our affiliation with CAST 4 Kids has continued and grown throughout the state. There are annual events on Oroville, Shasta, Milerton, Del Valle, Perris, Castaic and this past year there was an event on Los Vaqueros as well. We've had them on Berryessa and Folsom as well. I've personally been involved with most of them. In may interest you to know that Jim Owens wanted to keep his concept the way it was, for special kids with disabilities and and disadvantages, and grow it in our state as well as most others. The original concept of the Pro Teen Tournament was for teens to be able to fish in a tournament environment with an experienced boater, that was certainly what we've maintained through the years.

It takes a whole lot to put the Pro Teen on and there is literally a huge group of people that volunteer to get it done each year. You start with upwards of 90 boaters that come on out each and every year to take a kid fishing, Folks dealing with the shirts and hats and more at registration, the proverbial ton of sponsored product that gets donated to each kid, the valet parking attendants who really are a key to making this event smooth, the cooks and servers of all that food that's also a part of the entry fee, not to mention the good folks over the years with their private party cash donations and raffle ticket purchases. If you ever decided to come down and take a peek for yourself you'd see that it still takes several people just to shuck that awesome Brentwood corn.

When you stop and think about it there are several hundred people that are involved with running the Pro Teen Tournament.

And not a single one of them ever asked you not to show up Dana. There isn't a person walking the planet that ever asked you to stop participating in the Pro Teen Tournament or any other functions available through this website.

Andy and I and a great many other people have worked to keep something we believed in going. We've nurtured it for the last several years and we have a lot of fun doing it. If that makes us bad people in your eyes then so be it.

I guess this has left me wondering, what made you get started on this and why now?

It's been an honor to be involved annually with the C.O. Pro Teen Tournament.

sTony
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

I'm good for two.
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
Phil Burgess

Post by Phil Burgess »

YOU KNOW THE LL'S ARE HERE TO HELP I WILL SPONSER A KID!!!!!

JUST LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ILL RIDE TO HELL AND BACK WITH YOU BOYS!!!!!!!!!!
Slippy

Post by Slippy »

Phil Burgess wrote:YOU KNOW THE LL'S ARE HERE TO HELP I WILL SPONSER A KID!!!!!

Im in also, just lets us know. LL are here!
LL
Brian

Post by Brian »

Phil Burgess wrote:YOU KNOW THE LL'S ARE HERE TO HELP I WILL SPONSER A KID!!!!!

I'm sure all the lounge members will sponor a Kid. That is 25 more kids that dont have to pay. Keep it rolling guys.
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
g-man

Post by g-man »

I'll sponsor two!!!!
100% LL
MPOLLARD

Post by MPOLLARD »

I love the Pro Teen. It is one of my favorite Tournaments of the year. The Staff and the fishermen do a great job to help teach every kid why we love Bass fishing so much.It is truly the greastest event for kids.
I Don't think $30.00 is all that much for the kids.Look at Bowling leeagues, Baseball,football are soccer leagues are a lot more then that.Shoot I would pay to fish this tournament.Also if a kid didn't have the $30.00 to fish I would pay his way.I know these pro's would not leave a kid on the dock because he didn't have 30.00 bucks to fish.Dana if you haven't been to a Pro Teen in 4-5 years, then should come and join us and see how much it 's grown. In tell then your comments are unfounded.

MPollard
www.teampollardfishing.com
www.gfmarine.com
www.savephace.com
www.teampollard.net
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

I would like to challange every bass club to sponsor at least one kid. That is like 1 dollar per member for most bass clubs.

Count me for one kid and some volunteer work...

I was a part of one sometime ago and I took a kid fishing and it was a blast.
ssbassgirl

Post by ssbassgirl »

Brian wrote:
I'm sure all the lounge members will sponor a Kid. That is 25 more kids that dont have to pay. Keep it rolling guys.
and girl! :evil:

I'll sponsor a kid.
fishsmith

Post by fishsmith »

Put me down for two, and depending ot the date i will be there helping also.
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

I will check with my employer to see if they still have the Community Program running.

They used to give out $500 grants to the community that the employees live in and voluntered. Example- Volunteer firefighers equipment, Soup kitchens ect..

Nothing but a 5 minuet form of paperwork and then waiting to see if approved. Will let you know what I find out.

You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Perhaps the original idea was a no cost tournament for disadvantaged kids..That is definitely a laudable and lofty goal..I have never been involved except as a rooter for the event, but from what I have heard there has never been a kid turned down because they didn't have the money..I do not doubt there are some that don't try to enter because they do not have the funds though..Now just from what I have seen and read so far on this thread there is a way for them to get in and fish..I, too, will gladly sponsor a kid, just tell me when and where to send the check..I know there are many kids that unfortunately will never have a chance to participate, that is true of any such program..A really great thing has been started and from the looks of things it will continue to grow..Now that a bunch of kids that otherwise couldn't afford to fish now have their entry covered, all we have to do is find the kids and get them there and back..Looks as though your help is still valued Dana..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

Well Dana it looks like we have the kids that can not afford the event covered. It is nice hearing from it has been a long long time. How are the kids? Getting big I bet.

I hope you come out to the next event to see what others have built this into you will be shocked at what these kids get at this event. It is absolutely awsome.

You know sometime ago a lady I knew said it is better to be a part of the solution then to be a part of the problem. Remember her?

Rodger formerly of the folsom bass club.....
g-man

Post by g-man »

Cooch, can you give us details on how, where to send money to sponsor theses kids, and of course we will all be willing to help out at the teen event like last year! thanks!

Jason
100% LL
Rod Martin

Cooch put me down for 10

Post by Rod Martin »

I do'nt know if you have a lot of kids not able to pay their way. But I would never want that to hinder a kid fishing. If you want to state on your web site that you have sponsers for kids that need it. I'll take 10
g-man

Re: Cooch put me down for 10

Post by g-man »

Bones will sponsor one....he can't post right now! lmao!
100% LL
Cooch

It has always been our Mission Statement....

Post by Cooch »

The purpose of the Pro-Teen event is to introduce teenage kids to alternative activities, in our particular case it is tournament bass fishing. It is a chance for a kid, who otherwise does not have the opportunity, to enter and participate in a "pro style" tournament event.
When Brent first approached Dana, this was his goal, to find a tournament circuit for teens. In 1996, there was no program like this here, or anywhere else accross the country really. At the time, none of use were in a position to be able to put together or run a full blown circuit, hence the very first Pro-Teen event evolved. A once a year event, was perfect. C.A.S.T., was already in place and through our affiliation with Jim Owens and C.A.S.T., we had our first big named sponsor(Non financial by the way), and someone who helped us with a lot of guidance in bringing that first event to fruition. The C.A.S.T. events and the Pro-Teen events, played to two completely difference genre core of kids. Each has their own unique purpose. It kinda sounds like Dana may have a new idea, I'd like ta hear more.

The C.O.Pro-Teen's intent, is exactly that today, as it was 10 years ago when Dana & I first put that mission statement together. BASS spawned their Jr. Bassmaster program right bout the same time. But it had not made it's way to California. After the C.O.Pro-Teen III, the Delta Teen Team was formed here in Oakley, compromised of teens who had fished the Pro-Teen and wanted to take it to the next level. Along with that, they brought the Bassmaster's Jr angler program to California. Need I remind everyone, the very first ever Bassmaster Jr Champion, was Sean Alarid. A Pro-Teen product, one of the founders of the DDT, and now fishing with us as a Pro boater! Ryan Thoni, Lucas Bowden, John Bilhiemer, Justin Lucas, young Pro-Teen angles who have gone on to careers and gained wide spread recognition for themseves. We like ta think, we gave em the kick start.

A year or so later, Jason Ballardo started the AK Fishing Club at the school he teaches at, in the Manteca/Stockton/Modesto area. Yet another teen fishing group spawning from the Pro-Teen. And then there's John Ewing and the work he does with the 4H club and the kids there he brings each year to the event.

As some have mentioned, it indeed costs a fair amount of dollars to put on such an event. We've done the best to our ability to attain as much sponsorship help, to make this go. So many times over the past years, any monies that were left over, were always donated to the Bryant/Crenshaw scholarship fund. This event never has been, and never will be about any individual or entity being able to make a financial profit. We do greatly appreciate the generosity of all those here today, who have stepped up to offer the oppurtunity to sponsor a kid's entry fee for next year's event. That has been a noble, generous and selfless act by each of you that did so. We can certainly discuss this early next year as we plan for the 2008 event, to set up a program to support this.

We have made great strides amung this great bass fishing community of ours here, to promote bass fishing to the youth of our communities! THIS, is the vision we all had when we started this thing. We carry out today, that same vision of 10 years ago with each year's event. I am more proud of this event and all who help to bring it together, than I have ever been during the 10 years I've been associated with the C.O. Pro-Teen. We here at WestenBass.COM, thank all of you for your continued support of this event! You Ms Hoffman, as the seed to this great event, continue to disappoint all of us. That needs ta change.

I just hope, yer starin' at that empty cup of your's as ya read all this, and can finally start ta see that cup filling up with the love this event brings! Dana, yer really missin' out Luv. Nobody here, is keeping you away, but yerself.
Last edited by Cooch on Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slippy

Post by Slippy »

yeah bones said he was in.
LL
Brian

Post by Brian »

g-man wrote:Bones will sponsor one....he can't post right now! lmao!
Well if BassBones (Who has been banned forever from WB) can pony up, then the rest of you reading this can too. That way no kid will have to pay in 2008. Lets go guys time to Pony up. All I see so far is 90% lounge guy and only a few of the WB guys. Rod Martin, Good job dude.

P.S. Tony, I think Bones has learned. Time to forgive and forget.
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
Guy Kelley

Post by Guy Kelley »

It always amazes me about people who are naysayers, in regards

to a event or task that is Nobel in nature and ask nothing of it self.

To those of you who helped or volunteered for the PRO-TEEN my

hats off to you. It would be far more easy to just sit at home and

allow others to be involved as we often do. But with this I think it

has struck a cord that we have all felt at least once in life to be

alone or not be able to share something with someone. Sort of like

the feeling of being left at the dock by your self with your fishing

pole in your hand watching the fishing boats leaving with out you.

For the volunteers who contribute there time, efforts, money and

ask for nothing back except to see a kids smile. Is reward enough.

To tarnish this event with a question of $$$$$$ and then realize

that the originator has nothing but contempt for the ones who

organize the event currently and refuses to get involved over

some petty jealousy, but is able to throw rocks in glass houses.

makes me wonder about there original intent in the first place? :oops:

I for one will continue to support this event in any way that I can.

by being a boater, volinteer or donator. As my sons who are adults

now, will be there too, at next seasons event to help out as well.

No body will be left at the dock with a fishing pole in there hand

DANA!!! :cry: ............COOCH....STONY....GATOR,,,,,,,when its time,

get in touch with me so I can sponsor two kids for the Pro-Teen,

Plus one on my boat. So thats 3 who would not be going if its $

thats all thats stoping them from having a smile on there face.

Guy. :)
Yeah ? It's Me Again, SO WHAT!!!!!
cleb19

Post by cleb19 »

Im good for a Kid or two let me know when the event is and I can possibly donate time for sure, Im in for sponsoring two kids.

cleb
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

I'm glad yilike2fish posted. I never knew about this event. $30? Hell, I'll skip a dinner out and sponser a kid. You guys all handled yilike2fish with class. Good job, and good work on this event. PM me when the next time approaches.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Greg_Cornish wrote: PM me when the next time approaches.
These dates will be my first pick for our familes vacation to make sure that we all will be there to participate.

The 10th Annual C.O. Pro Teen Classic
Saturday July 12 - Early Check-In and Seminars
Sunday July 13 - Check In and Tournament, BBQ, Raffle

If I can't get vacation -- I am calling in sick !! 8)

Smileee

Post by Smileee »

Hi, Dana:

I too, at one time thought that the Pro Teen was moving in the wrong direction - but, it continues to provide Teenage GIRLS & BOYS with their 1st oppurtunity to fish a short version of a PRO Bass Tournament & truly, no kid left behind is TRUE (not unlike Pres. Bush program). I have continue to participate as a volunteer, whenever health allows and have only missed 2006. All programs evolve and Cooch, sTony, & team have continue to evolve with the program.
I do understand your concern about the entry fee, but as you can see, there are many outstanding people here that are willing to sponsor kids with families that cannot afford to participate. Maybe, the PRO Teen Team can communicate this better to various youth organizations or perhaps invite 1-2 youth organizations to send 5-10 kids to participate each year. A program co-ordinator will be required - How about you ? This way, you can make part of your original mission TRUE.
Oh, I have your ligher sitll from the last PRO Teen you & family partipated in. But, I wouldn't give it back to you for "SMOKING IS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH and your family needs you.

Take Care,
Smileee :D :D :D
Smileee
EP

Post by EP »

Put me down for two! :D Happy to do it!

Eric Parra
WHY LEAVE FISH TO GO FIND FISH?
Smile_n_Jax

Post by Smile_n_Jax »

This year I looked into the event and found my boat was too small to qualify. I shined it off without doing more research. My bad.

Next year, money, health and time permitting, I will be there to sponsor a kid and help out wherever I can.

God bless those who have committed to sponsoring a kid.

Let's work to make this coming year's event the biggest and best ever.
Jax Keilman
"I may be crazy, but it's kept me from going insane" - Waylon Jennings
'89 Stratos 269V, 90HP Yamaha. Small, but I love it.
TonyL

Post by TonyL »

Count me in for 2 !
~ Tony
CW2 Tucker

Post by CW2 Tucker »

Never heard of this Pro-Teen until this little battle of wits if you will. How do you volunteer? Are there any requirements that I would need to make sure I meet in order to volunteer? I would love to give a kid a shot at getting hooked on fishing! Please let me know.

Fish ON!!!
Fish with Friends.
DAN

Post by DAN »

Wow!
As you know Dana, The Pro Teen has grown, I can say Entry fee has never been an issue, as Cooch and his current staff does a superb job with the event. sTony, Smille, West Valley Bass Masters and way too many to mention step up to help out this event. As You know, the hearts of all envolved are in the right place.

I noticed you signed off with a website? Why Not, Dana

Are you really interested in the Pro Teen Or trying to drive traffic to your site. 'Cause if ya want to advertise let me know sales@westernbass.com

Hope all is well, say hi to Staci and the kids for me.

Yes You are part of the original concept of the Pro Teen and I thank you for that vision that y'all started, but to take shots
Dan Mathisen
dan_mathisen@att.net
209-612-5028

Ben Green Insurance
Guy Kelley

Post by Guy Kelley »

That's 36 kids if my count is not to far off, just by counting the 1's and 2's & 3's who would be sponsored, including the guy who said 10.

So Either put up or shut up. WE have at least 60 more to go to reach at least 95 kids total for a count that would equal last year (07) total.

So the way I see it we would need and equal amount of boaters as well if there is only one teen in the boat, I don't mind two in mine.

My challenge to all those who read, write and complain on WESTERN BASS is to get off your complacent fanny's, Come on down for a Saturday & Sunday & give a KID who would not have a chance to spend a day on a boat with you.

BE a HERO for a day guys and gals and but a smile on a KIDS face.

IMHO, I would like to see 150 or 200 KIDS and BOATERS there for the event. WHO WOULD ALL BE SPONSERED.
so that means we give it up for a weekend, bug our employers for a contribution or two and go after the corporate sponsors as well. I am ready to but it up and write a check out right now. but COOCH needs to say were to send it.

COOCH, STONY, GATOR I think ya got you work cut out for ya :lol:
Yeah ? It's Me Again, SO WHAT!!!!!
hunterdave

Post by hunterdave »

I voluteered for the 07 pro-teen and had a great time. I fished with a great kid...he also learned a few things. Cooch, Gator, and the rest of the staff did an outstanding job and I can't wait for next year...If you only knew how much money came out-of-pocket from Cooch and others...

Cooch,

You can count on my support again in 2008. I would be glad to sponsor a kid and I am proud to be associated with WesternBass.com and the C.O. Pro-Teen Classic.

Dave
Dave Gorden
Pro-Staff Bass Angler's Guide the Magazine
Pro-Staff Reaction Strike
Pro-Staff Radical Glow
dave@bassanglersguide.com
www.bassanglersguide.com
www.reactionstrike.com
www.radicalglow.com
MikeSouza

Post by MikeSouza »

I was at the first Pro Teen event and had a blast. That was a long time ago and I will always remeber that day just like yesterday. I had a lot of fun and learned some tactics from my pro. I told myself that when I bought a boat and was good enough to be a teacher in the front of the boat, I would show up at an event as a boater.

I have the boat, have the skills but I am just 1700 miles away from the delta now. So since I can't make it out that way for the next event. I want the event out and help some kids get a chance in a lifetime.

sTony put me down for 4 kids. Let me know when you all need the money. I'll get on the ball here in Oklahoma and round up some more fisherman that will donate for the kids out there.
http://www.omegacustomtackle.com
http://www.savephace.com
http://fishingsponsors.com
miklanderson

Post by miklanderson »

I'm in for 2 kids as well...Just let me know when to send the cash and where to send it. Hell, that's less than 1 trip to the tackle store...
Rod Martin

Re: It has always been our Mission Statement....

Post by Rod Martin »

I think if the Pro-Teen is free to all, it might get out of control. But if handled right any teen that showed an interest or teens from some org. that were not able to pay could be paired up with a sponser that would insure they got to fish. Might be the way to go.
I learned after trading down from a 20' to a 16' that my boat was to small to take a teen out. But I can and will help in anyway possible. Cooch keep me in mind when its time to get it going.
My wife and I have enjoyed the few times we've been able to be there. :D
NaCl

"pay it forward"....

Post by NaCl »

Mike,

There are plenty of wonderful people out here to take care of those kids who can't afford to enter the Pro Teen event. Instead of putting your additional money into that "pot" maybe you should keep your money and use it to start a "Pro-Teen" event in the Midwest! I'm sure there are another 70-80 kids in your area that would love the opportunity to share your experience if only someone like you it is willing to make the commitment.

Just my $.02

.....NaCl
Gator

Re: "pay it forward"....

Post by Gator »

Dean - That is an awesome idea..........Mike, if you need any pointers, shoot a message to me, Cooch or sTony.......we've been doing this a while!!
MikeSouza

Post by MikeSouza »

I have been asking around for the last few months and there isn't anything of that format happening here. Shoot me a message on what we will need to know for an event like this. I will get into contact with ssome local tournament Directors and go from there.
http://www.omegacustomtackle.com
http://www.savephace.com
http://fishingsponsors.com
hydrate2o

Post by hydrate2o »

I will sponsor ten kids and donate water for all of them. This is too important. Doing this type of event can change a kids life.. Everything I have heard about this has been positive. I cant wait. I will be there with my boat and my teen age son to help in all I can.
Life is much to short to get upset over the little things, most things are little.