WOODEN LURE HOW DO I FIX CHIPS

GEORGE D.

WOODEN LURE HOW DO I FIX CHIPS

Post by GEORGE D. »

I HAVE A SAMMY 100 WOODEN LURE AND IT HAS SOME CHIPS ON IT HOW DO I FIX THE CHIPS OR SHOULD I JUST LEAVE IT THANKS ALOT GEORGE
TADTHEBASSNUT

Re: WOODEN LURE HOW DO I FIX CHIPS

Post by TADTHEBASSNUT »

I use bondo, smooth it out and repaint it, blend the paint out. then i flex coat it for durability
SUNCOUNTRYBASSMASTERS
scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

Why bother...check out the spook from my recent trip to the Amazon...that spook caught fish till the day I left :).
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

If you're worried about water getting into your bait, wipe it down with alcohol, and put some 5 minute epoxy on the spots where the paint's missing. Just put a drop on with a tooth pick, then cover the epoxy with scotch tape. The tape will smooth the epoxy, and the patch will be very inconspicuous (wow, that's the first time I've had to spell that word in 40+years). When you take the tape off, the epoxy will be smooth and blend in almost perfect. But just use a small amount of epoxy. A little goes a long way.
If I were you, I wouldn't worry about matching the color. Look at Scott's Spook. For a walking bait, the color is a secondary thing to the action. Fish really don't see the paint job, just the overall color.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

If you're worried about water getting into your bait, wipe it down with alcohol, and put some 5 minute epoxy on the spots where the paint's missing. Just put a drop on with a tooth pick, then cover the epoxy with scotch tape. The tape will smooth the epoxy, and the patch will be very inconspicuous (wow, that's the first time I've had to spell that word in 40+years). When you take the tape off, the epoxy will be smooth and blend in almost perfect. But just use a small amount of epoxy. A little goes a long way.
If I were you, I wouldn't worry about matching the color. Look at Scott's Spook. For a walking bait, the color is a secondary thing to the action. Fish really don't see the paint job, just the overall color.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY