Used boat

brambo0311

Used boat

Post by brambo0311 »

Hey this is kinda off the subject but I was trying to finance a used boat for a few months. I will have the cash in febuary when I can skim off a CD. But my x-wife declaired bankrupcy when we were separated in 98 on her own debt when I was over seas in the Marines. Plus the DA has a lean on me for child support even though I am current its a automatic thing, if you have child support. Last I checked my credit score was in the 700's. Anyone know how I can fix this? I found a killer deal on boat and I dont think another one like it will come around. Man that was embarracing standing in a boat shop all day and then getting shot down. I feel bad I wasted there time. Might still go through but I doubt it.
LL
Greg_Cornish

Re: Used boat

Post by Greg_Cornish »

You got one more year before the bankruptcy goes off your record, get the DA to straighten out his back log and include a letter less than 100 words to all three credits agencies addressing the derogatory statements
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
BassCatPuma

Post by BassCatPuma »

Brambo,

You have a PM

Tim Hendricks
www.basscat.com
www.mossdale-boats.com
www.purefishing.com
www.nosweatmist.com
www.rodwraps.com
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

I didnt get the PM.. Hey the DA and child support services wont do a thing. I pay 1200 a month comes directly out of pay check, and I am actually over paid. They treat you like some sort of criminal and I have my kids almost half the time. They say that a lean is automatic and they will not remove it if you have a child support obligation. As far as the bancrupcy thing, I never signed a thing. The X did that all on her own. But I got stuck with it. I want it off, and my credit fixed so I can buy a boat. But I will have the cash march 1st, I just dont want these winter prices to pass me up. Well thanks for the advise guys. I might just have to wait it out.
LL
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Brother Brambo -

Don't go into debt over your head for a boat. If is not in the cards for you more than comfortably just to purchase it alone.... DON'T DO IT !!

Buying a boat is easy. -- Paying the sales tax/registration/luxury tax/gas/MAINTANCE-"New Equipment"/personal upgrades, insurance and more (like the wear and tear on your tow vheicle) ..... Those are the "real" cost of a boat.

Think long and hard of what you want to pay. Image

I have two boats currently ... I can not GIVE one away in todays economy (Truly trying to give away a 21' Cobalt Condurre for $6k that I have had 4.5 years, 27 hours running time, mucho new equipment and $7k less than I paid for it !! :twisted: )

I have been "Looking" with my wifes permission Image ............ to move the boys and I into a Fiberglass boat now so we can take the wind and the waves on the Delta and I need a Minimum of a 19' and am realistially looking for a 20'-21'. I have put easily $3.7k in only one year into our current boat ... and can only sell it for what I purchased it for "hopefully"------- IF we do decide to move into a bigger boat that we can pay for.

If we do move into a bigger boat.... It also takes alot of hours and trust of driving with your fingers crossed to learn it -and how it runs, it's intriocy's and if will last.

Always Remember Four Things.

--Buying a boat is easy...... :P

.... Selling one is NOT easy !! :cry:

..... A Broken boat does not run ~!! Image

~~And you can ALWAYS post that you are looking to fill an open back seat on WB -- with GREAT chances of getting PM's to accompany a feller WB'er !! Image :wink:

Cheers,
Dan
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

Thanks dan,

Actually as far as debt its only until march when a cd matures. I actually have no debt at this time, other than my monthly child support payments. I have a dozen cd's that I just dont want to take a penalty on and cash out just yet. I will cash half of them out next year when the market drops another 9% and buy house outright and not have a payment. I know what it costs to maintain a boat I have a gregor right now that is nickle and diming me, and my family has a 46' troller in WA. Holds 2000 gallons. And I spent my childhood oiling teak and takeing care of the wooden ARK. I hate to say it but with everyone loseing there butt right now with construction and the market, I am in a good position to take advantage of some of these boats. Its sad but right before the forclose sign goes up in the yard, that bass boat gets wheeled out with a for sale sign. We have a subdivision in west roseville right now that is at a 77% forecloser. Its getting bad. But I guess your right I can still stick fish in my tin boat for a few months.
LL
912nitro

Post by 912nitro »

Whoever is holding the CD's should give you a 90 day loan .
Especially since your going to buy the boat with the interest your earning on them.

How much is the boat ????? maybe i will finance it for you for 90 days.
Wise men STILL seek Him....
kazk

Post by kazk »

Did you sogn any of the BK docs? I think if only your wife signed the docs you can get the BK off of your credit report. Just write the credit reporting agency and inform them that you did not file for a BK just your ex.

Chris Koda
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

Yeah thats what I am doing I never signed anything. I was actually in the Marines in 98 over in the Med when it was done . But I have to check the legality of it because I had to sign over power of attorney to my x-wife back then when I was deployed.
LL
aNNieNsaLTIE

Post by aNNieNsaLTIE »

Brambo,

Make sure you look at one of these before you sign any deal! this is a real delta "low tide" special...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysi9Xw2B9mc&NR=1

saLTIE-