Heading to Eastman in tomorrow.....open backseat too...

Grape Ape

Heading to Eastman in tomorrow.....open backseat too...

Post by Grape Ape »

Haven't been to Eastman in awhile, how low is the water? Heard the swimbail bite was doing well. If your interested in jumping on the back....PM me....I'll be heading out early.
adamsj13

Re: Heading to Eastman in tomorrow.....open backseat too...

Post by adamsj13 »

I would stay around the dam. Thats where Ive done the best at,I was there a few weeks ago and we caught 7 1/2 lb and a a few fives. BASS.. They all came off the dam. Darter heads and swim baits. I talked with the ranger there that sends in the fishing reports and he said when they do a survey on the fish and shock the water, there are allot more fish around the damn then anywhere else. Even the closed zone. Be careful of hazards, there are some not marked. Good luck.
jaime7819

Post by jaime7819 »

So how was it? Give us a report.
Grape Ape

Post by Grape Ape »

Terrible! There were only 5-6 boats on the lake and everyone I talked to (just about all of them) got skunked. I was out there all day and threw the kitchen sink at them and never got bit once except for a 2 pound trout. I caught the dang thing on a jig....go figure. The water temp was between 47-49 degrees. I was told the lake actually came up a foot or two over the last week.
Grape Ape

Post by Grape Ape »

Oh and I maybe heading back tomorrow (Jan 1) with a backseat opened again if interested.
jaime7819

Post by jaime7819 »

I've been wanting to take my boat, but between an engine swap, terrible bite, and my family, Thank you for the offer but maybe another time.