Don Pedro:first time RVing with boat:suggestions?

backlash

Don Pedro:first time RVing with boat:suggestions?

Post by backlash »

Heading to Don Pedro soon with boat and RV for first time. Will be able to go during the week. I'd appreciate any info regarding the two campgrounds with "hook-ups". Anything you might mention to do or not to do would be appreciated. Should we launch, leave the trailer and get a dock: then proceed to campground with RV? Help! and Thanks.
Smileee

Re: Don Pedro:first time RVing with boat:suggestions?

Post by Smileee »

I prefer staying in Area "A" at Fleming meadows. Restrooms & Showers are cleaner because the RVers use their own. There is a aera in front that you can park your trailer (near the check-in).

Area "B" water side lcations would be ideal, especially if the lake is full, you can launch and tie the boat up close to the camp site (no RV hookups)
Smileee
Grape Ape

Post by Grape Ape »

No Dogs allow. What a terrible rule.
Phil

Post by Phil »

SINCE I LIVE HERE AND AM OVER THERE EVERY DAY, I would suggest Fleming #1 try H area if available, full hook-ups . A area, water hook ups only no power or sewage hook-ups........Blue Oaks.............A area hook ups for power and water. Why no pets, well if you are like my wife and work there, it gets pretty sickening picking up someones dog crap daily: Plus people have been bitten in the past by other people dogs..........We have a kennel up here and they can give you phone number at the gate if you wish to board your animal/pet. Questions call 209-852-9536 Fleming gate, they can help you .

Jigs
Grape Ape

Post by Grape Ape »

Yep, I understand that. 1/2 the people who have pets....shouldn't! I see it everywhere....including campgrounds. People who walk their dogs and don't collect their crap after. As for the biting people. That seems rare and if it does happen it must be dealt with immediately. Don't fault other dogs and their owners for a few incidents.

I would never put my "family members" in a kennel unless it was an emergancy. That's just me. When I go camping my dogs must come with us. They are part of me.

I do wonder about the rule @ their campground though. I have seen dogs in this campgrounds many times and wondered if it was friends of the grounds keepers. A couple of years ago I stopped at the gate and asked about a dog I saw their and they told me "they have been camping here for years" that's why they were allowed to have a dog. Hmmmmm

It seems this campground is full most of the time during "camping season" so having a no dog rule isn't hurting business to much. Just unfortunate for a lot of us.
Phil

Post by Phil »

Hey Ape. please get you facts straight first about lake Don Pedro camp grounds.......you can always go to Mc clure.
The facts are. dog bites, even one, ruins it for all...........people that you do see with dogs are>>> 1. either seeing eye dogs, 2. companion dogs as in help walk etc. No it's not because they have been camping here along time...............3. other dogs you may see have snuck in, inside their campers and have not been caught yet.............last. dogs that are going out to house boats are allowed on a leash from parking lot to boat to transfer to their house boat............dogs are not allowed to [poddy or crap on the grounds; but it is done every year.
All in all, I don't think you can find a better place to camp if one had to. for over 500 camp sites and the grafity and garbage and crap all tossed in the bathrooms and all over the place, for the price and the small staff they have to keep it as clean as they can.....its a pretty damn good place and well organized I think. Hey I have 2 dogs myself and I love them both. I would not go to a place like Don Pedro either, if I plan to take my dogs or dog......but I have taken him out on the lake with me fishing. Thats another story..............who kleens the boat afterwords ??

Want to worry about something....worry about the rattle snakes this year. I got bit twice last year, dogs are the least of my worry.

Jigs
Phil

Post by Phil »

I appologize if I sound pissy; and I can see how it may; it is not my intention. Just call the number I quoted for info on the lake. Rules and laws change year to year and they can tell you how it is straight up.

Thank you

Jigs
Jeff C.

Post by Jeff C. »

Want to worry about something....worry about the rattle snakes this year. I got bit twice last year, dogs are the least of my worry.

Dang, Jigs how did you manage to get bit twice by rattlesnakes in one year?