camanche help

redneck078

camanche help

Post by redneck078 »

I think I am goin to head out to camanche for something new on Sunday. I have never been there and I heard the fishin is pretty good. I am interested in getting any tips you guys may have as to what places to check out and if the fish are spawning yet. I am currently checking out the map and it seems that with the current water level there are hundreds of shallow humps all over the place. Also I hear that the narrows area is five miles an hour....Is this the same all the way up river or just that little section? Will I expect to find smallmouth in this lake or is it mainly spots and LM?
TOPSTICK

Re: camanche help

Post by TOPSTICK »

the fishing is good right now..but alot of small fish 2lbs and smaller.
fish the trees on the points ,tree island tops any where theres wood.

senkos,lizards,jigs,crank baits,seem to be all over if you find fish and they stop biting wait they will move back and forth.

i won the a.c semi pro there last weekend be safe as the lake changes depth fast with all the island barly under water.
i nvr went past the narrows if this helps :)
lmb,and spots is all i caught

hope this helps
Sacto John

Re: camanche help

Post by Sacto John »

We caught a bunch a fish c-rigging the humps and island tops last weekend. Fish are in all three stages of the spawn, pre, post and on beds. We fished in 10-25 feet of water and caught both post spawn and pre spawn fish. It was a little to windy to bed fish but I know some guys were doing it.