RV park at the delta?

NelsonG

RV park at the delta?

Post by NelsonG »

I am looking for an RV park that is wife and dog friendly and has a safe and easily accessable beach area. (Gotta have somethin' for the wife to do while I go fishin').
A good launch ramp with room for motorhomes to turn and launch or tractor launching would be ok.
Full hook ups for the motorhome and overnite boat slips with electricity are also needed.
Good bassin nearby would be great, so I wouldn't have to run all over and get lost, and burn too much fuel!
I was thinking about Russo's or Sugar barge, but I don't think there is a good place for dog swimmin'.?
Thanks guys!
Nelson Gong
Ken C.

Re: RV park at the delta?

Post by Ken C. »

If you are loking for "Beach" access you might want to look at Orwood Resort. I know they have a swim beach, nice ramp, camping with I believe RV hookups, boat slips with power for your batt's, etc. They even have a decent restaurant and store. Disco Bay is a 10 minute putt to the south, and easy access to the rest of the delta!

Russo's & Sugar Barge are both great facilities, but neither place has a swim beach.
Norv

Post by Norv »

Nelson,

There's a KOA at the Tower Park Marina. I've seen a sand swimming beach at the marina, but I don't know if it's restricted to only "people" or not.

By Stockton there's the River Point Landing that has an RV Park, marina and launching ramp. It's right on the water, but I don't remember seeing a swimming beach.

Sincerely,

Norval Chan
NelsonG

Post by NelsonG »

Thanks for the tips!
I will look into those.
Any other ideas?
Thanks alot,
Nelson
Make every day a good day!
gsc686s

Post by gsc686s »

River point is one of the nicest marina / RV park on the water. Nice facilities and dogs are ok. Only down fall is no beach but it is close to the mall so the wife can go shop while you fish.
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

+1 for River Point.

My parents stayed there instead of Sugar Barge because it was cheaper ~ and right off of I-5 this last Easter weekend. The showers, bathrooms, laundry facilities are A+. You can also get a spot right on top of the levee and fish for cats while you bbq. Dogs are more than welcome cause they never kicked my parents out for theirs. :lol:

The Marina and fuel dock is 70 yards away on the other side.

The Prime Spots are right by the gate entrance gate to be closest to the facilities. and shopping is right down March Lane for the mall and grocery stores.

Here is their home page ~~> http://www.riverpointlanding.com/

Also there is a great beach less than 3 miles down the river -- I think it is at the entrance for 14mile . and is actually a small island right off of the main channel.
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
kopper_bass

Post by kopper_bass »

Nelson,
I have only slept overnight there, before a tourney, but you might just consider the state park, at Brannon Island.
http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=487

I know they have much of everything there you want:
- excellent launch ramp
- swim beach
- full hookups
- shower/bath house
i am assuming its safe there; never heard of any problems. the only downside might be that pets are required on a leash.

From there, the wife can also go explore the fun town of Isleton. do some antique shopping and eat some crawdads.

Hope that helps ya.

Kopper_Bass
Norv

Post by Norv »

I don't think Brannon Island State Park has full hook ups.

There's also Rio Viento RV Park on Sherman Island Rd. Just down the road about a mile or so is a county park where you can launch directly into Sherman Lake. I've stayed there for just RVing and it's a nice place. Only downside is that it can be windy.
Norval Chan

ESOX Rods
Put a Sock on It
Xtreme Reel+
Peregrine 250
Water Dog
Eagle Eye
California Community Credit Union