Is it out there

FISH2WIN55

Is it out there

Post by FISH2WIN55 »

I am looking for a vechicle that gets upper 20 MPG. Has enough power to tow my 520, and has a back seat for my on the way baby.
Let me know what you guys think.
Dan McKenzie

Re: Is it out there

Post by Dan McKenzie »

good luck, there is a long line waiting for that one. I bought a Ridgeline, tows great, but best mileage I have seen so far is 22-23 mpg on flat highway at 65 mph, at 70 it's more like 19-20 mpg
Paul W

Post by Paul W »

FISH2WIN55 wrote:I am looking for a vechicle that gets upper 20 MPG. Has enough power to tow my 520, and has a back seat for my on the way baby.
Let me know what you guys think.

There is no such vehicle right now. I have been resarching cars/trucks like crazy the last few months because I am thinking of making a change if this trend continues. A diesel is your best bet for mileage, but w/ the price of diesel and the higher price of the actual truck, is it really a savings at all?? My 4.8 v8 Sierra gets some of the best mileage out there for a fullsize truck, at 15/19 (not towing). Even most v6 trucks out there dont get much better mileage than some v8's...like the new Tacomas for example, I think get 1-2mpg better than my truck, but have alot less power. Its not worth it.

Paul W
FISH2WIN55

Post by FISH2WIN55 »

I have a F350 Diesel right now but like you said with the price of diesel it's killing me. i was hoping for at least mid 20 MPG but I can't even find that. The Honda Ridgeline is about the best I have found.
Sacto John

Post by Sacto John »

I did the research and the only vehicle you will find that will do that is 2001-2006 Dodge Sprinter van. It is the diesel van the Fed-Ex and UPS use. Trying and find a 118 in WB passenger model is hard but they are out there. The have a 5,000 lb towing capacity and will get close to 30 MPG when not towing they also will seat 10. I do not know why Dodge did not make more of the short wheel base passenger models, and it sucks that you can not get the in line 5 diesel in the 2007 or newer models. I was very close to driving to Texas to pick one up but decided to get another Subaru as I do not have a big boat.