"Operation: Bass Pro Shops"

MikeD

"Operation: Bass Pro Shops"

Post by MikeD »

This has to be posted somewhere on here but I can't find it so I'm going to post it anyway.

This is truly a classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTbIBswvvC0
Bill K

Re: "Operation: Bass Pro Shops"

Post by Bill K »

It might look classic, but it is fully against the law and shows nothing but disrespect for other people property. Alongwith showing the two ignorant young men's upbringing. Bill K :(
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
bozzo21

Post by bozzo21 »

I agree with you bill K.

Don't do it at a Bass Pro Shops or a fishing store, those are the places that are there for us fisherman. Go do it at a wakeboard convention or something like that.
basstamer

Amen Bill!*NM*

Post by basstamer »

*NM*
Iafrate94505

Post by Iafrate94505 »

teenage prank...get a grip.

LOL.
Steve Reed

Post by Steve Reed »

hahaha

those are the stories you laugh about forever
Monsterfishingtackle.com
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

It is kinda funny.... I bet this was done on a drunken afternoon at the VEGAS store.... I just lost my shirt on the Black Jack Table I have drank over a fifth of JD and I am soakin in sweat....time to go to BPS and cool off.

The bummer is the poor sap who is just lookin' at these guys going, frump I was just about ready to go to the "Body Shop" after my miserable day at BPS, and now I have to stay here and Mop up this damn mess.....
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Johnny C

Post by Johnny C »

Me and my daughter went to BPS in Clarkesville, Indiana. Sent her this link and she said that's what we should of done. I thought it was pretty funny myself.
http://www.dobynsrods.com
Chris B.

Post by Chris B. »

Very funny. I agree it's just a teenage prank and no harm done (except for a few surprised bass :shock: ).
duckhuntr07

Post by duckhuntr07 »

Wow, somebody had a bit too much caffine.

Just a prank. At least they didn't tag the palce or something.

Pretty funny.
BMX Bassin

Post by BMX Bassin »

Man, I have noticed that some people on here are gway too "old and grumpy" and taking life and posts on here too serious. That was funny stuff. Nobody got hurt and nothing was damaged. You guys need to fish a little more too relax instead of being on here so much.
Slippy

Post by Slippy »

BMX Bassin wrote:Man, I have noticed that some people on here are gway too "old and grumpy" and taking life and posts on here too serious. That was funny stuff. Nobody got hurt and nothing was damaged. You guys need to fish a little more too relax instead of being on here so much.
+1
LL
Brian

Post by Brian »

Slippy wrote:
BMX Bassin wrote:Man, I have noticed that some people on here are gway too "old and grumpy" and taking life and posts on here too serious. That was funny stuff. Nobody got hurt and nothing was damaged. You guys need to fish a little more too relax instead of being on here so much.
+1

+2 Funny
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
Fishn Fighter

Post by Fishn Fighter »

Slippy wrote:
+1
+2
bassindon69

Post by bassindon69 »

Right is right and wrong is wrong period. We will see how grumpy you are when the prank is on you, or in your store.
It's the Jackass Viva la Bam generation.
I'm with Bill on this and I don't think it's because we are grumpy and I know I have a grip a good one at that.
It's wrong. Funny or not. What law will be broken next time for laughs. :roll:

Don.
Go Big or Go Home!
http://calfishing.com/gallery/v/members/bassindon69/basspics/
duaneg4

Re: "Operation: Bass Pro Shops" WHAT IF

Post by duaneg4 »

That was funny?

OK.

It would have been hysterical if one of the idiots slipped or missed on their jump into the aquarium.

Would we be laughing if the tank burst and one of our young children was standing next to the tank.

Better yet one of these pranksters runs out of the store and knocks down one of your family members who strikes there head on the concrete floor. yeah, outright comical.

When does a breaking the law and being disrespectful become funny? As long as you aren't personally affected.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if some of your neighbor's kids egged your boat and posted it on YouTube?

Where do we draw the line? When is it malicious? When is it criminal?

Real funny.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

My first thought was it's harmless, like when my son and his buddies streaked their high school football game. After all, it only really involved them.
But my second thought was it really wasn't like streaking the field. It doesn't only involve them, it involves the store's very expensive tank, expensive fish, and employees and customers.
Not really the same.
Pranks, where the only harm can befall the prankster (my son's friend got his "junk" caught on the chain link fence), are one thing.
But when it involves others, and potentially puts others and their property at risk, it's another thing.
Thank goodness no one appeared to get hurt, including the fish.
Just dumb luck.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Vince E

Post by Vince E »

So now that all of their friends have seen it on the internet what do you suppose they or their friends are currently cooking up to top it?

How long until someone gets hurt?

It's only funny if it doesn't become a long lasting behavioral problem that eventually spins out of control. Does anyone else here have old friends like that?

Either way it's still disrespectful.
bassindon69

Post by bassindon69 »

ALL RIGHT!!! Way to stick together Grumpy people :lol: :lol: :lol:

GO..........................TEAM GRUMPY!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh wait, Maybe Team Get a Grip :lol: :lol:

What one do you guy's like better? :lol: :lol:

That makes you the team Captain Bill :wink: :lol:

Don.
Go Big or Go Home!
Iafrate94505

Post by Iafrate94505 »

LOL...TEAM RELAX......lifes to short.

+4 funny
Jason C.

Post by Jason C. »

I belive it was wolfman who had the signature line quoteing bugs bunny "Dont Take Life To Sreiously....You'll Never Get Out Alive" :lol: Thats all I got to say about that
Winning Isn't Everything...But Wanting To IS!
Tight Lines, Jason C.
jasonconser@yahoo.com 925-727-4077
[color=orange] www.dobynsrods.com [/color]
[color=blue] www.inland-marine.com [/color]
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

personally I don't see anything funny about it at all..Heck, it isn't really even that daring..I mean it is nothing like placing a paper bag of cow manure on the school super's front door step, lighting the bag, ringing the doorbell and running like hades..Just curious what about this makes it even amusing, except possibly to the people doing the jumping in..Guess I am getting too old..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
Brian

Post by Brian »

Iafrate94505 wrote:LOL...TEAM RELAX......lifes to short.

+4 funny

+5 funny, whoops I already voted, Well I still thought it was funny but lets come up with some more possible Scenarios shall we?

1. The poor kid could have got an ear infection from the dirty water and then sued BassPro for millions of dollars, (Now that is the kinda stuff that I dont think is funny because it happens all the time and makes me sick.)

2. The kid might have slipped on the wet floor as he was running away and broke his neck. (uh, that would have been funny too because he would have done it while being a stupid Arse.) and his parents would have sued BassPro for not having a cover on the tank to stop this type of behavior.

3. ect ect ect.

-John Wayne[/color]
optichamp

Post by optichamp »

It would have been funny had they jumped in the saltwater tank with a few toothy, hungry fish :twisted:

I did plenty of pranks and practical jokes when I was a kid, but it was usually directed at a specific person who deserved it.

They made a mess that some poor low paid guy had to clean up.
"The wine was bad, but not dull. It took the enamel off your teeth and left it on the roof of your mouth."

-Ernest Hemmingway, A Farewell to Arms
g-man

Post by g-man »

We we're all young ONCE!

think about it!
100% LL
Grape Ape

Post by Grape Ape »

BMX Bassin wrote:Man, I have noticed that some people on here are way too "old and grumpy" and taking life and posts on here too serious. That was funny stuff. Nobody got hurt and nothing was damaged. You guys need to fish a little more too relax instead of being on here so much.
BMX Bassin I totally agree with you. This was hilarious! This is what tournament fishing does to these guys.
Harry Markarian

Markarian Investigations @ (209) 777-9696
USAF (Retired)
Merced PD (Retired)
C & C Marine
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Dont they send Divers into those aquariums to clean them. No way they are going to break. Sorry, but that is pretty darn funny. The only thing it was missing was those guys slipping on the floor running out. Rick G
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
Vince E

Post by Vince E »

+4 funny

Life was too short for a couple of thrill seekers I used to know, and then there are the ones who did time and their lives are now totally trashed.

I did plenty of stupid stuff when I was young including nearly killing several people on the roadways with stupid driving.

Eventually choosing to make respecting others a priority was probably the only good decision I ever made when I was young.

For the sake of the fate of this country I can only hope most young people like these guys and the gals on the camera make the same choice someday. I'm not saying that they won't but its still a scary thought.

Not trying to be uptight.....just worried about the future of America.
Iafrate94505

Post by Iafrate94505 »

Vince E wrote:

+4 funny

Life was too short for a couple of thrill seekers I used to know, and then there are the ones who did time and their lives are now totally trashed.

I did plenty of stupid stuff when I was young including nearly killing several people on the roadways with stupid driving.

Eventually choosing to make respecting others a priority was probably the only good decision I ever made when I was young.

For the sake of the fate of this country I can only hope most young people like these guys and the gals on the camera make the same choice someday. I'm not saying that they won't but its still a scary thought.

Not trying to be uptight.....just worried about the future of America.
They jumped into a fish tank.........its not columbine.
go fishing. Jeez. :roll: :roll:
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

duaneg4 wrote:That was funny?

OK.

It would have been hysterical if one of the idiots slipped or missed on their jump into the aquarium.

Would we be laughing if the tank burst and one of our young children was standing next to the tank.

Better yet one of these pranksters runs out of the store and knocks down one of your family members who strikes there head on the concrete floor. yeah, outright comical.

When does a breaking the law and being disrespectful become funny? As long as you aren't personally affected.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if some of your neighbor's kids egged your boat and posted it on YouTube?

Where do we draw the line? When is it malicious? When is it criminal?

Real funny.
Anything COULD have happened. It didn't though, they jumped in, got wet and ran out. Nobody seemed to be injured and it all seemed pretty damn harmless to me. It's nothing to get upset about, there are plenty of kids out there doing things that are way worse.
sTony

Stupidity reigns supreme....

Post by sTony »

I guess in the age of 'Jackass - The Movie' this stuff just seems normal. :roll:

I guess it falls under the heading of boys will be boys.

I'd like to think that the two chumps that got a free bath and the fool that filmed them also got a free ride to the local police station just to give them a different perspective to their acts.

I see stuff like this and it makes me realize that I am getting older because I didn't find it one bit funny at all. But then I think Johnny Knoxville and SteveO are two of the biggest idiots on the planet and that 'Dumb and Dumber' was just plain dumb and also not funny at all. It sickens me to see this sort of stuff making millionaires out of people and because of that we're only going to see more and more of the same moronic stuff.

And the IQ of the collective just dropped even lower.

sTony
Vince E

Re: Stupidity reigns supreme....

Post by Vince E »

The younger generation is determined to miss the point.

The point is respecting others. Plain and simple.

The young guys don't want to admit this is a valid point because they don't want to have to feel like they might be doing something wrong when they blatantly disrespect other people or their property.

Hell in a hand basket is where we seem to be going.
briguy388

Post by briguy388 »

But what is normal really? I hate romantic type movies but I love a great western, thats how I was raised. When I was young I liked riding bulls and was an avid skydiver but I'm not a moron, but haven't we all done stupid stuff that we laugh and remind ourselves at times with old friends talking about the good old days, or the bets we've lost, heck I bet we all have stories to tell.
Timber_Effects

Post by Timber_Effects »

omg!! you people have nothing better to cry about than this???

here free Image
for all you grumpy old men Image

life is too short to make this big a deal over a couple kids BEING KIDS!! there are much worse things they could be doing!!

I honestly don't know what's more funny, listening to you old grumpy hens crying or those boys doing something silly. :D

lighten up a little.

Dean
Last edited by Timber_Effects on Wed May 21, 2008 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian

Post by Brian »

I just watched it again to make sure I wasnt missing something here, It was still funny. :lol:

-John Wayne[/color]
Calistar

Post by Calistar »

See what you guys did...you made me click on the link too.

I did not think it was funny. Although I guess I could see how it would be to some. I personally thought it was just silly. Now had they eased a float tube into the tank and pitched a blade for awhile or entered in full scuba gear THEN you might have something creative. Just jumping into the tank then running out? nawww...

and just for the record, I didn't like Dumb and Dumber either, but loved Tommy Boy.

to each their own.

Greg H.
(aka Calistar)
sTony

Post by sTony »

Timber_Effects wrote:life is too short to make this big a deal over a couple kids BEING KIDS!! there are much worse things they could be doing!!

I honestly don't know what's more funny, listening to you old grumpy hens crying or those boys doing something silly. :D

lighten up a little.

Dean
Who's making a big deal? Someone posted it and folks are just expressing opinions. Do we always have to dissect everyone's opinions? It's not like folks are gonna change who they are because of this post.

But it begs the question, What if one of 'em was YOUR kid?

Maybe the problem for some people is the entire 'lighten up a little' approach to kids nowadays. Funny, I don't remember my Dad lightening up on me and I turned out okay, I think... oh well, maybe.

sTony
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

Well once again a line has been drawn in the sand.

I'm gonna reserve what I thought about the stunt to myself.

BUT TO YOU LOUDMOUTHS THAT INSIST ON CALLING PEOPLE OUT ON THE COMPUTER, AND COMPLETLEY DISRESPECTING SOMEONES OPINION AND TURNING IT INTO A YOU'RE AN OLD, UPTIGHT, SHOULDN'T BE EXPRESSING YOUR OPINION ON THIS SITE TYPING MATCH

THINK

That's what the freakin site is for.

Just my humble opinion.

When I see this yellow Bass Cat, what should I be looking forward to?
sTony

Post by sTony »

MIKE TREMONT wrote:Well once again a line has been drawn in the sand.

I'm gonna reserve what I thought about the stunt to myself.

BUT TO YOU LOUDMOUTHS THAT INSIST ON CALLING PEOPLE OUT ON THE COMPUTER, AND COMPLETLEY DISRESPECTING SOMEONES OPINION AND TURNING IT INTO A YOU'RE AN OLD, UPTIGHT, SHOULDN'T BE EXPRESSING YOUR OPINION ON THIS SITE TYPING MATCH

THINK

That's what the freakin site is for.

Just my humble opinion.

When I see this yellow Bass Cat, what should I be looking forward to?

Exactly.

sTony
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

I still do not see anything funny or humorous in the stunt at all..What makes it funny..Silly prank, well maybe, funny, I just can't see it..Perhaps you mean funny/ strange rather than funny/humorous..Truthfully I didn't really see all that much entertaining or daring about the "prank"..Did it hurt anyone, probably not, the only ones really in any danger were the pranksters themselves..But for all those that think it is funny, please explain to me what you see that is even remotely funny..I really would like to know..Perhaps I can learn to see the humor in it..I just flat do not see anything funny..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
jhorn

Post by jhorn »

My laughs came in the form of "What a couple of dumba@#." That was about it for me.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

If I had a kid and they done that I would bust their ***.
If I had been there they would be laying on their backs.

What kind of a country is this when a store employee can't or is to afraid to detain these punks because of a potential lawsuit?

For all of you who think this is funny next time somebody disrespects you or your property just sit back and laugh because afterall kids are just being kids.
sTony

Post by sTony »

For those that don't have any recollection of the musical 'Bye Bye Birdie', here's the lyrics from a song called 'Kids' that sums it up nicely 8)

Kids!
I don't know what's wrong with these kids today!
Kids!
Who can understand anything they say?
Kids!
They a disobedient, disrespectful oafs!
Noisy, crazy, dirty, lazy, loafers!
While we're on the subject:
Kids!
You can talk and talk till your face is blue!
Kids!
But they still just do what they want to do!
Why can't they be like we were,
Perfect in every way?
What's the matter with kids today?

sTony

PS - And keep in mind this is a musical from the 50's so that's the generation being referred to which to my estimation would be talking about folks my age and older.
Last edited by sTony on Wed May 21, 2008 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian

Post by Brian »

sTony wrote: What if one of 'em was YOUR kid?

I would be laughing while I beat his little A$$ 8) I'm not saying what they did was RIGHT, I said it was funny, Two different things. Speaking of the movie Jackass, I also thought it was funny when they took a dump in the toilet on display in the hardware store. It wasnt RIGHT but it was funny. Oh never mind you OLD guys just dont get it I guess. :wink: By the way I'm 41 which if far from YOUNG.

-John Wayne[/color]
Timber_Effects

Post by Timber_Effects »

sTony wrote:
Timber_Effects wrote:life is too short to make this big a deal over a couple kids BEING KIDS!! there are much worse things they could be doing!!

lighten up a little.

Dean
Who's making a big deal? Someone posted it and folks are just expressing opinions. Do we always have to dissect everyone's opinions? It's not like folks are gonna change who they are because of this post.

But it begs the question, What if one of 'em was YOUR kid?

Maybe the problem for some people is the entire 'lighten up a little' approach to kids nowadays. Funny, I don't remember my Dad lightening up on me and I turned out okay, I think... oh well, maybe.

sTony
I have no problem with peoples "opinions" Tony, my "lighten up" statment happens to be MY opinion. I just think it's funny that "some" get so worked up about two kids doing something like this. WE ALL have done it just maybe in another form.
AND as for "what if it were my kids" lol, you have met my son, he knows what would happen if dad found out...lol
I never said anything about lighten up on your kids, I'm saying there are other things to get excited about.
Once again this is MY opinion of some post I see. I tried to do it with a little humor, guess that failed. If someone doesn't like my opinion.....lol oh well.
I'm not on this forum to complain about some kids doing something stupid or saying someones fish looks smaller than what they say it is. Just want to learn more about our sport and enjoy it as I collect even more grey hair than I already have.

as for the Loudmouth comment, I'm not sure that was meant towards me, so I'll leave it alone.
sTony

Post by sTony »

Timber_Effects wrote: as for the Loudmouth comment, I'm not sure that was meant towards me, so I'll leave it alone.

No it was a response to a post that the mods must have gotten rid of because of the language used.

sTony
bassindon69

Post by bassindon69 »

Whoopbass wrote: For all of you who think this is funny next time somebody disrespects you or your property just sit back and laugh because afterall kids are just being kids.

There ya have it.

This has nothing to do with Old and grumpy or even crying and bitching. :lol: :roll:
Is that all you have to say to be against what's right :roll: . Then you too are one that would do something wrong and make it right in your own mind just like a kid. How old are you?
Hmmmm to old you say ...Lets go skate the half pipe at Santa Cruz or the bowl in Ben Lomond skate park. Who is Old now? :lol: If we are grumpy then you are too because you are just on the other side is all. Bitching , No more then you. You bitch your point we bitch ours, this is what you want to call it right? You say you are for it as you bitch about us being against it, again if that's what you want to call it. Grumpy, not at all just talking, maybe you guys have had a bad day and are reading in a bad mood :lol: Maybe you too were a little $hit and by saying it's ok it makes you feel better for all the wrong you have done. Who the hell knows.
Oh and I will be 45 lets go Skate you young old farts LOL!!

Don.
Go Big or Go Home!
Timber_Effects

Post by Timber_Effects »

I do agree with you about the whole jackass, viva la bam shows. They are a little over the edge some times. But these are extreme versions of things we did as kids. Times change and the kids today would get bored with things we did. Jackass has some insane stunts in it, but some of the stuff is pretty funny.
Everyones sense of humor is different I guess.

so can we just go fishin now? :D
Timber_Effects

Post by Timber_Effects »

Oh and I will be 45 lets go Skate you young old farts LOL!!

Don.
lol, 43 and I don't skate anymore!!! (I might break a hip) lol
Dean Ziemer
http://www.DeltaBassTactics.com
http://bioedgefishing.com/