A little bit breezy out today.

Turkeyman

A little bit breezy out today.

Post by Turkeyman »

Is this ever gonna quit? I have several buildings with roofs blowing off, and it is to dangerous to send people up to fix them. Sustained winds in Modesto and Turlock at 23-24 mph with gusts to 31. I also have had about 1 acre of dirt blown into my pool. Crazy. I hope you guys are careful if your brave enough to fish in this weather. Good luck. I'm thinking a 1/16th oz darter head on 6lb test would be the ticket today. HAR HAr. Be careful today and this weekend driving on and off the water. Good luck
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Re: A little bit breezy out today.

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Yeppers, blowing pretty good here in San Jose, just blew down the fence at my apartment comples for the second time this year..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
gsc686s

Post by gsc686s »

Crazy is right, just had one of the best days on the water. Had 4 fish over 10lbs, cant belive I was sticking toads in the white caps. All fish were caught dropshotting a 4" green weenie on 6lb flouro, 1/8oz weight about 10 miles west of the Antioch bridge. Its a good thing I have a 20lbs thrust trolling moter mounted on my 10'ft alu deep V or I would have been blown right offf the water. Still cante belive the toads I found!!!
Dom

Post by Dom »

Man your either NUTS or real BRAVE , I have ran my 21' champ theu the break in 30 mph winds running 5-6's no way you were in a 12' aluminum :shock: Crazy! I live in Tracy and its done broke 2 of my 20' palm trees (what a mess) came down on my boat and house, My little pond in the front yard is caked with debries, blew over the kids street Basket Ball hoop and the funniest thing it was trash day thier are trash cans litterly blown all over the street (empty, but still)

I have been waiting for it to die down to at least 10-20 all week to go out but I have taken it long enough going out tomorrow or Saturday no matter what.

Tight Lines Dom
Tight Lines Dom
BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER

Post by BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER »

I got to Russo's this morning and saw rollers on the ramp :shock:

I know plenty of places to hide, but today was one of the first days I can remember thinking it's just not safe to go out.... The Tract looked like a hurricane and there was sooo much dirt and debris in the air I could barely see more than 200 yards on an otherwise bright clear day........so off to the Honey Do's :evil:

Yahoo weather claimed 25-35 mph winds predicted w the current winds when I checked at 18.... NOT! I've fished in 30mph winds enough to know they were 40+ out there today.... not good
XMAN

Post by XMAN »

50 knot winds coming down broad sl. this morning into antioch marina--xman
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

10 miles west of the Antioch bridge..Just exactly what kind of hogs were you catching..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
Marty

Post by Marty »

This is the second report of Big Girls down that way. gsc686s said 10 miles west of the Antioch bridge. My other source said by Pittsburg! I though the water was to briny for Bass that far down.

O by the way it is windy outside!

Marty
kopper_bass

Post by kopper_bass »

called and talked to Lisa today at Russo's.
She said that they were not letting boats launch there because it was too dangerous today.

Glad i went out yesterday. still got blasted with sand all day and took a wave over the bow coming in. I found sand and dirt in places i didnt know i had to hide it in. doh! :shock:

Kopper_Bass
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Uh, talk about nuts... we've had several tornados touch down in the general area where I live this afternoon and evening! I'm in effect on tornado watch right now! The closest one was reported maybe two miles from my house, if that.

What a crazy weather year for sure!

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
Dom

Post by Dom »

BLAME IT ON GLOBAL WARMING :shock: LOL LOL

Tight Line Dom
Tight Lines Dom
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

They always do... :evil:
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
Jerkbait0071

Post by Jerkbait0071 »

I was on Clear Lake today and it was no joke. 6 foot rollers on the main body. Really good fishing though, best five 28 pounds with a 10 pound kicker that my buddy got on this crazy looking 1oz jig that he made. Funniest looking jig ever but none the less very effective.
www.xtremeglove.com
www.bpboatcenter.com
dockboy

Post by dockboy »

25-35? Jeez, you guys are lucky. Wednesday we had 50+ down in Palmdale, we had pretty light stuff here because the passes we're draining everything into the valley. Couple years ago we had 70 mph winds that ripped 5 or 6 roofs right off and broke telephone wires like 2lb. test. Nasty man, just nasty.