Front Page changes on WesternBass.Com

sTony

Front Page changes on WesternBass.Com

Post by sTony »

We've did a re-working of the front page and wanted to let everyone know about it.

When you have a chance go on over and check it out. If you find something isn't working quite right please let us know. We've checked it on a lot of platforms and operating systems but ya just never know for sure.

Thanks,

sTony
g-man

Re: Front Page changes on WesternBass.Com

Post by g-man »

whats up with this activex thing that pops up everytime I come to the site? I'm no computer guy. it also takes longer for the site to come up!
100% LL
Gator

Post by Gator »

That's for the embedded videos. Jusst click allow and it won't come up anymore.
Mike

Post by Mike »

it now takes about 20-30 seconds for the page to come up now that you added your voice!
OG on WB since 1993
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

difently takes a lot longer to load, about 30 seconds for me.
W.C

Post by W.C »

Hey Gator / STony !!! I don't know if it my computer but everytime or just about everytime I come onto this website, I get 3 pop ups. one tell my I need a update to quicktime, and than I get anothere pop up but before I can read it, I get the third pop up saying that my internet explorere has suffered a fatal bluh, bluh bluh :? and do I want to Dbug it or end task! than I end up blanked out looking at my desk top and having to get back on the enternet and try it again. I have Comcast high speed 12mb. wish is the fastest they offer. plus that voice "Welcome to Westernbass" is getting innoying. why did you guys put that on here?? :roll: I know that i'm always welcomed here already. plus since i'm already bringing things up about this site, why don't you guys have a Search Box that will help you find post to topics that have been brought up in the passed??? :roll: you know like how manytime have we heard this on here ..... what is the best trolling motor batteries out there right now, or wish is the best floro to use, or how do I rig a huddleston swimbait or how can I post a pic on this site or what is the best color to throw on the delta or why do people hold up those big bass so close to the camera lens or what do I use to catch stripers or strippers on the delta? lol :twisted: :twisted: or what is the best chip for my lowrance unit or what is the best braid to use on a frog? or what is the best frog on the market and why or what is the best truck for towing a 12 foot boat to the delta or why is the ski blue and my skin is red or what are the best kind of sun glassed for site fishing or what are the best type of glasses if i'm fishing and there is an Eclips or what water temp do fish like the most on chrismas and why :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm just having fun here you guys, I'm board and thought I would stir the delta pot alittle . :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
eagle123777

Post by eagle123777 »

hey sTony and gator, not about the front page, but the album..everytime i hit the submit button after downsizin a photo i get a blank gray IE page..all it says its Done...and no photo to the album...got any hints as to what i might be doing wrong..thks jack
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

MARK INMAN wrote:What is the quick time pop up for and how can you stop it from poping up.
I had this on my computer last night after I reloaded my web browser. I just installed the latest quicktime driver and it went away.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Click on which OS you have and select just quicktime, so you dont load up Itoons.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

The QuickTime is the video app we use for all Streaming videos on Westernbass.COM, it's harmless to install and as Ash mentions, once loaded the first time, you'll not see any messages again.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Someone opened a can of WORMs and they were not going fishing 8) It does open alot slower now Tony. On the quik time thing you guys should be able to check a box that says do not show this message anymore.
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

Tony,

I thought is was my slow old network and PC at work, but brand spankin new Dell PC with DSL and a transformer box in my front yard at home and,

"I am slow on this website only"

Oh yea had some DIVTV problems sent ya a message

Mark
buzzfish

Post by buzzfish »

The audio took me by suprise the first time I called the new site up at work. Unfortunately for me my speakers were turned all the way up. I work in an open office so everyone knew I was goofing off!

I'm the boss but I do try to set a good example...caught with my hand in the cookie jar! :oops:

Buzzfish
Mike

Post by Mike »

its gone now on mine, but still slow??
OG on WB since 1993
Sean Graf

Post by Sean Graf »

Mike wrote:it now takes about 20-30 seconds for the page to come up now that you added your voice!
I'm also experiencing the slow loading of the homepage, now I just use this address and it opens it up pretty fast and I don't have to he ar Tony's voice, lol

http://www.westernbass.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2
Dom

Post by Dom »

I am on Yahoo DSL HIgh Speed and no probs here. :D I already have quick Time if you watch alot of videos on line Quick time plays alot of the formats needed. You can still set Windows or what ever media player you use to default and switch only when needed. :D

Also if you throw away your Cookies or empty your temp,hist file it will always take longer to load a web page so dont delete the cookies

One problem I did have whos the dudes voice who says welcome to western bass? Yall could have gotten a sexy womans voice to say it :lol:

Tight lines Dom
Tight Lines Dom
sTony

Post by sTony »

Okay here's the deal. On our end the front page loads rather quickly. What takes time to load is the two preview movies for WesternBass.TV and bassfishingtv.com. You don't have to wait for the movies to load to move past the front page to go anywhere else on the site. We're looking into ways to load the front page faster yet still put out all the information we want to display there.

The reason for the change was to expand the articles and news on our entry page as well as spotlight the two video programming areas and new features like the W.A.R. Report, Weekend Scoreboard and our Auctions pages.

If you're not entering in on the front page it's a good likelihood that you're missing out on a lot of site updates that occur there and through out the website each and every day, sometimes multiple times a day, having nothing to do with the forum.

Keep in mind, we host over 200 videos on the sites including streams of videos that run well over an hour, 1000's of radio shows, hundreds of articles, thousands of fishing reports and angler photos and a lot more. Well beyond what one finds in our fishing forums and content you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere else on most any other internet fishing website.

We'll keep working to bring more content and to speed up the delivery of the front page content. But please enter the website on that page whenever possible.

sTony

PS - As with most all the spoken word items on the site, it was my voice that said, "Welcome to WesternBass.Com". And that voice wave has been removed from the site.
BassNCop

Post by BassNCop »

For me it takes forever to load. I have to bypass it everytime or I'll be there for awhile.
TWinger

Post by TWinger »

For me the front page loads quickly and the tv portion comes on and is great, with clear video and sound. The rest of the sight works great, except the tv area. When I try to bring the choice up it just has the Quicktime Icon in the window and nothing ever happens. When you decide to exit it, a Question mark comes up across the Quicktime Icon. Have not been able to play any tv videos since it was changed. Any help?
Troy Winger
sTony

Post by sTony »

Have you seen the information available on the help pages of the tv sites? If you run through those instructions you should be able to view the videos.

sTony
Lance

Post by Lance »

It pretty damn fast on my Mac, I dont notice any slowdown at all. In fact I think its faster now than it was. Great job guys
Friendship is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.
Rob

Post by Rob »

I can't get any of the new DIVX videos to play. It just either freezes my browser ( goes into "not responding" mode) or the bottom says 1 item to load forever. I have newest Quicktime and downloaded the DIVX for windows and followed the help instructions and still can't get to work. Definitely not improvements. and yes the front page does load slowly. Sorry to complain.
sTony

Post by sTony »

Hopefully Gator will see this thread and try to figure out your problem Rob. We're still working on getting the front page load time down. The two movies that are loaded are 15 seconds each. It loads in less then ten seconds on my end but we'll keep working to make it even quicker.

sTony