pline floating copolymer?

mjr

pline floating copolymer?

Post by mjr »

read an article on the front page that mentioned pline is coming out with a floating copolymer line. anyone have any ideas on when this will be available?
Jason Milligan

Re: pline floating copolymer?

Post by Jason Milligan »

Haven't heard of this. I only use CXX when I use mono/copolymer. For reaction baits and swimbaits. Everything else i use braid or flurocarbon. I use to use CXX for topwaters and got sick of it sinking! I got so mad one day as my Vixen would go sub-surface every other cast I switched to 50lb. braid IN A TOUNAMENT. Haha. Won't throw topwaters on anything else now. The floating stuff should be good for those who don't like the braid or need it for some very slow sinking presentation.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

It is there new Hydrofloat spectra line. I believe it is intended to be used sort of like a fly line, but can be placed on a spin reel (Or any other reel) where you might want the line to float i.e. steelhead fishing, etc. Do a search for P-Line and check it out on one of the sites. Bill K :)
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
dockboy

Post by dockboy »

Used it quite a while. Found it works great if you're fishing subsurface. Cranks, spinnerbaits, ripbaits, fine. Don't throw it for the swimbaits though, only 20-25lb Maxima or Izorline Platinum for that job. Use to throw it for topwater. The only topwater mono I use now is 10 or 12 with poppers, where I'm no concerned with the line sinking cause I usually fish a bit slower. Got sick of my Spooks and Vixens diving under halfway through casts.
Yeah the Hydrofloat is for the steelhead guys who want to spin fish using flies and an indicator. Used to be only a fly rod vould throw'em but the new thing is the floating line with a spin rod. Most of the time it's colored and the only purpose is to float the line for a drift.