New noisy citica, normal?

jaime7819

New noisy citica, normal?

Post by jaime7819 »

Second time using it today. Left hand model. When i was casting it today, it was making a whining noise for about the last 1/3 of travel before the lure hit the water. "Seemed" to cast fine. A couple of times i tried shaking it and tapping it with my left hand while the lure was in the air and it stopped making the noise. Almost like something might of been rubbing while the spool was spinning. Not sure what is causing it. Just starting using baitcasters. Is this typical of a bait caster? Line issue? Thanks in advance guys!
bantam1

Re: New noisy citica, normal?

Post by bantam1 »

Check to see that the spool is not walking back and forth in the frame. This can be corrected with the cast control (spool tension) cap.

There can be some noise when casting. Without hearing the reel its tough for me to say if what you are hearing is normal or not.
jaime7819

Post by jaime7819 »

I'll check that next time i go out. Thanks!
Leroy_B

Post by Leroy_B »

I was having the same problem on a new citica i just bought. I opened the side plate and found a small split ring was loose and floating around the end of the spool. It looks like it was an extra part accidentally dropped in. I found that there was one split ring the exact same size installed inside so i assume it was just one that got dropped in by accident. Open the side plate and shake it a bit(preferrably nowhere near the water LOL) and see if something falls out. Just a thought.

Leroy
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

I had the same issue with my Citca Lefty - I took it to the shop i purchased it at and they swapped it over the counter. The issue with mine was the spool.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
basswipe

Post by basswipe »

same with mine, but I just deal with it. but now I'll try fixing it
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

ash wrote:I had the same issue with my Citca Lefty - I took it to the shop i purchased it at and they swapped it over the counter. The issue with mine was the spool.

interesting stuff....... :shock: