Narcdogk9

From Napa paper Berryessa closing

Post by Narcdogk9 »

Article from the Napa Valley Register about Berryessa

http://www.napavalleyregister.com/artic ... 246548.txt
Greg_Cornish

Re: From Napa paper Berryessa closing

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Government has been like this since Reagan shut down the mental institutions and made the inmates bureaucrats. :?
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
markscolwell

Post by markscolwell »

It's sad to see a lake with so much potential screwed up by greedy people. With some lower ramp fees and a few trout stockings every year this lake could be incredible!!!!
Whether in the military or in life, Service is the price for living!
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

I read over on the report page that Markley Cove is now $20.00 to launch!!! ouch that hurts, if that is true they lost my business.

Mark
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
biteme

Post by biteme »

Its true we just paid it.
Kentuck

Post by Kentuck »

Paid $25 at Steele Park last year. Figured they were gouging before being run off.
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

I wish had the investigating skills to see who runs this Pensus corp. Really smells of some kind of sweet heart deal to me. Pensus kind of has a Halliburton ring to it.

Also has an eminent domain feel to it. Of course it's not because the fed's set it up right. The outcome is the same for most involved.

I hope it all works out for all of us that use and have taken care of the lake for years.
I had to come back...I know...
TWinger

Post by TWinger »

With gas prices the way they are, the extra cost from $15.00 to $20.00 to launch is the pits but you spend the difference in time and gas to go to the free ramp. Plus when you add in the many times my truck or trailer has been damaged by the hit and run asses, the drunks at the ramp and the tickets I have gotten from the ranger for one thing or another and the thefts from vehicles I have endured over the years, the Merkie Place does not seem that bad. Also when everyone ends up all going to the free ramp you will be parking on the road above miles away, when you think about all the other ramps closing soon. We are lucky to have the old Merkie Place to relay on after all. I just wish I had bought the annual pass a long time ago.
Troy Winger
backlash

Post by backlash »

First off, I'm not a "government guy" by any means but this didn't happen over night. The resort folks have known for a very long time that this was coming. I had a mobile home at a resort there in the early seventies and it was talked about even then; when leases might run out.
TWinger

Post by TWinger »

Here is the Pensus Group Site. Looks like a long on going company from the mid 80 making resorts and Marina's

http://pensusgroup.com/
Last edited by TWinger on Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Troy Winger
TWinger

Post by TWinger »

Some of there long list of experience

Pensus has extensive experience working with government agencies in the United States, England and Mexico. The following is a partial list of those agencies.

The Independent Broadcasting Authority, England.

The City of Brussels (Belgium) Planning Department.

The City of London, England, Planning Staff.

The City of Phoenix Council, Planning Committee and Planning Staff

The City of Scottsdale Council, Planning Committee and Planning Staff.

The City of Tempe Council, Planning Committee and Planning Staff.

Maricopa County Board of Supervisors, County Manager and Parks Department.

The United States Department of the Interior, Bureau of Reclamation.

The United States Army Corp of Engineers.

The Navajo Nation Economic Development Department

The Navajo Nation Tribal Council

The United States Forest Service

The United States Department of Interior National Park Service.

The City Of San Miguel Mayors Office and Planning Staff, Mexico.

The City of San Miguel Police Department, Mexico.

San Diego County, CA - County Commissioners and Planning Staff

City of Avalon, CA - Mayor, City Council, City Manager
Troy Winger
TWinger

Post by TWinger »

CEO and Owner: accomplishments

David Maule-Ffinch is a Phoenix-based businessman and owner of Pensus Holdings, a Phoenix based investment firm founded in 1983.

Born in the United Kingdom on May 13th 1949 he was educated in private schools and obtained a Business Degree (Estate Management, Real Estate Law, Accounting, Statistics, Architecture, City Planning and Structural Engineering) from Wilcott (an affiliate of The University of Reading). He is a member of The Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (ARICS), which is designated as the highest Real Estate qualification in the UK, requiring three years of University and two years of professional apprenticeship.

Business Background
Mr. Maule-Ffinch has extensive experience in business, finance, privatization and development in Europe and The United States.

In 1970 Mr. Maule-Ffinch co-founded Capital Radio in London which, when it went on the air in 1973, was the first company to broadcast commercially in England. Capital Radio is now the largest commercial radio broadcast company in the UK and publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange. Capital Radio owns the two largest commercial radio stations in London with a broadcasting footprint encompassing over 10 million people. Capital Radio also owns stations in other major UK cities and collects 23% of all radio ad-spend in the UK.

Mr. Maule-Ffinch was a member of the board of Capital Radio and its largest stockholder until 1994, when he sold his interest (24% of outstanding shares) to Information et Publicite, a subsidiary of Havas, the French media conglomerate.

In 1973 Mr. Maule-Ffinch structured the sale of The Manhattan Center in Brussels to MEPC and Rothschild European Fund. MEPC is Britain’s largest Property Company. The sale at Sterling 12.5 Million was the largest transaction ever completed in Europe by a British Agent at that time ($160 Million of approximate value today).

Mr. Maule-Ffinch has worked in Germany, Belgium and France doing Sales, Acquisitions and Development.

Mr. Maule-Ffinch acted as valuation consultant for Cork Gully after the economic collapse in 1974.

In October 1976 David Maule-Ffinch immigrated to The United States. Since that time he has been involved with many businesses:

1976 to 1978 - C.W. Jackson Co’s - Tempe, AZ. – A developer of industrial and office properties.
1978 to 1984 - Gosnell Development Co - Phoenix, AZ. - Executed major land accumulations for the Pointe Resort Projects and oversaw all Office and Industrial Development and Leasing. Mr. Maule-Ffinch was involved in all phases of the Company’s operations including resort management, marketing and conceptualization.
1984 to 1991 - Mr. Maule-Ffinch co-founded and operated Anchor National Real Estate Group which in 1987 held an investment portfolio of in excess of $200 Million. Major landmark land accumulations and zonings included The Portales, a high profile project immediately abutting Scottsdale Fashion Square.
1985 to 1987 - Mr. Maule-Ffinch was a Board Member, Loan Committee Member and Stockholder of First Business Bank of Arizona, a start-up bank that was sold in 1987 to Caliber Bank.
1987 to 1991 - Mr. Maule-Ffinch acquired a controlling interest in Capital Radio through a series of share purchases. He was active on the board including its restructure and direction. He commuted to The UK on a monthly basis from 1988 to 1993.
1993 - Mr. Maule-Ffinch created Pleasant Harbor Marina LLC which acquired the License Rights and Developed Pleasant Harbor Marina - at a cost of $15 Million project on the newly enlarged Lake Pleasant (located 30 miles to the north west of Phoenix). Pleasant Harbor Marina is acknowledged by the industry as a landmark project.
1996 - Mr. Maule-Ffinch created Park Central LLC which acquired Park Central Mall for $28.8 Million. Park Central is the first regional mall constructed in Phoenix. It comprises 46 acres and 721,000 square feet of built space strategically located in the Uptown area fronting on Central Avenue. In excess of $50 Million was subsequently invested to refurbish and re-tenant the project. An additional $800 Million of retail, office and residential development is planned for the site.
1997 - Mr. Maule-Ffinch created Roosevelt Lake Marina LLC which purchased the rights to build a new marina on Lake Roosevelt (located 50 miles to the north east of Phoenix). Lake Roosevelt is the largest lake serving the Phoenix Metro area. The project is licensed by The Tonto National Forest Service and construction started in 2000. Total Marina Investment will be $14 Million. Total cost including hotel and ancillary amenities will be approximately $30 million.
2001 - Mr. Maule-Ffinch created Antelope Point Holdings which was selected by the National Parks Service and The Navajo Nation to build and operate a new Resort and Marina on an 800 acre site at Antelope Point on Lake Powell. Total development costs will be approximately $70 million.
2000 - Mr. Maule-Ffinch purchases Golfstar America, a company that has, over the years, developed a market viable GPS Course Management and Distance Measuring System for deployment to the Golf Course Industry. Mr. Maule-Ffinch is the Managing Owner and partner with Fuzzy Zoeller.
Additional projects and investments include:
Residential and Commercial Development in Kiev, Ukraine
Residential Development in The UK
Golf Hospitality by way of a major contract with the Trustees of The St Andrews Old Course in Scotland
Advertising and sport related businesses
Troy Winger
TWinger

Post by TWinger »

To see there current projects, go to there site and click under that heading. They are doing some major things. No small time thing here. This gives you the vision they must one day have for berryessa.
Troy Winger
21farms

Post by 21farms »

pretty slanted article IMHO. these were 40 and 50 year leases that are expiring that the bureau decided over a year ago not to renew. you'd have to have your head in the sand to not plan for the pending expiration of a lease that you know is coming.
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

The guy is shrewd and had his attorney holding meetings last year trying to get the public's help to stop a second marina from being built at Lake Pleasant. He owns the existing one. Most people figured out he was just trying to kill a future competitor. Good luck.
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

21farms wrote:
these were 40 and 50 year leases that are expiring that the bureau decided over a year ago not to renew. you'd have to have your head in the sand to not plan for the pending expiration of a lease that you know is coming.

I was at several meetings back around 1997. They had made up their minds back then IMO. Putah Creek changed hands around that time. I think there was a lot of hoping this day wouldn't come. Thankfully for my in-laws they saw the writing on the wall and didn't take it in the shorts.

After reading this (thx Twinger), it reinforces my feeling of a "eminent domain" FEEL. I realize there are leases expiring. The outcome is the same, take away from the small guy, and give the lease up to mega corp. Sweetheart deal as far as I can see.

What happened to all the BS propaganda that they were spreading a few years ago stating that they were taking away from the few to give the lake to the people?

Lot of folks with real short memories in this great country of ours. That's what most of these politicians and big business rely on, again, just my humble opinion.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

I love to see places where not just the wealthy can afford to stay. Cheap vacation spots were common in Minnesota where I grew up. Farmers were still poor back then but could afford to have family vacations to strengthen family bonds. The cost of everything related to leisure contributes to keep the low income families home.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln