Summer Thunderstorms In The North State...

TDawg

Summer Thunderstorms In The North State...

Post by TDawg »

After seeing all the posts regarding Trinity Lake I just wanted to remind everyone about summer thunderstorms up here in the North State. I am sitting here right now watching the thunder and lightning as it passes over Redding. Thank God I am not on the lake right now!

We do get quite a few frequent thunder and lightning storms up here during the summer months. They often come in very fast and with little warning. If you hear thunder and are on the water, get off fast! I have been on Shasta and seen what lightning can do to a tree, its not pretty :shock:

Stay safe out there this summer and enjoy Shasta and Trinity Lakes.

Good fishing,

TDawg
snapitoff2002

Re: Summer Thunderstorms In The North State...

Post by snapitoff2002 »

Hell, I'm headed out there right now! It looks perfect! Cody Meyer, where are ya?
Phil

Post by Phil »

Thunder, lightining, rain, wind right now at Don Pedro !
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

We watched a big oleTexas like Thunder bumper today come out of the south/west around 1:00pm, cool lil lightening storm, thank God it was 30 miles to the south!!!!!!!!!!! Brought a welcomed breeze and much needed cloud cover ta spur on the afternoon bite!
Last edited by Cooch on Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
biteme

Post by biteme »

Just got back from berry. We had HOT temps, Rain and lightining.
Phil

Post by Phil »

1/2 dozen fires out here in the motherlode area from the strikes .........
Slippy

Post by Slippy »

whike driving through Morgan Hill this afternoon we go thit by the thunder on lightning.
LL
Iafrate94505

Post by Iafrate94505 »

Slippy wrote:whike driving through Morgan Hill this afternoon we go thit by the thunder on lightning.
you got hit by thunder ?
Dan McKenzie

Post by Dan McKenzie »

saw it all at new hogan today, 100+ degrees, lightning, thunder and rain, and then came the wind.
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Got up this morning and can see coming from the north a doosy of a smoke trail pouring down the western horizon. This one looks like trouble! Our fire season is in full swing now, be carefull out there folks!
scott h

Post by scott h »

I was on jenkinson yesterday and it was awesome, the smallmouth just turned on and we whacked em! after the t-head passed it was flat calm and bout 78 degrees, I love the mountains in the summer!!! We had two t-storms one after another then over cast and beautiful!
BUZZBAITS IN FEBRUARY!@#$%^&*(
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

Cooch wrote:Got up this morning and can see coming from the north a doosy of a smoke trail pouring down the western horizon. This one looks like trouble! Our fire season is in full swing now, be carefull out there folks!
That's probably the one I saw yesterday coming back from Berryessa...Twin Sisters/Wild Horse Road area, burning towards Wooden Valley/Suisun Valley Road... last report, 3000 acres, 10% contained.

PLEASE folks, be careful of your smokes, campfires, BBQ's, etc...it's tinder dry out there
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

Was up in the Lime Saddle yesterday afternoon. I wish I would of snapped a pic of the thunder head that formed. Thought I was back in Kentucky.
The fish did turn on for a bit, but we get the heck out of there. A little to close to the light show for me. Hit a little hail on the way out. A couple forehead shots and one right in the eye :wink: .
I had to come back...I know...
Norv

Post by Norv »

I was at Oroville with some fellow club members and watched the lightning all day. Then when we pulled out it rained a little bit.

It was fun watching it in the distance, but when it got closer it was time to get off the lake!!!
Norval Chan

ESOX Rods
Put a Sock on It
Xtreme Reel+
Peregrine 250
Water Dog
Eagle Eye
California Community Credit Union