TAKING MY ELEVEN YEAR OLD TO THE DELTA NEED A LITTLE HELP

GEORGE D.

TAKING MY ELEVEN YEAR OLD TO THE DELTA NEED A LITTLE HELP

Post by GEORGE D. »

MY DAUGHTER LOVES THROWING LURES FOR FISHING WERE IS A GOOD PLACE TO GET HER ON FISH AND WHAT DO YOU RECOMEND THROWING THANKS EVERONE FOR THE FEED BACK GEORGE I USUALLY GO OUT OF ORWOOD IS THAT A GOOD PLACE
Jim Wilson

Re: TAKING MY ELEVEN YEAR OLD TO THE DELTA NEED A LITTLE HEL

Post by Jim Wilson »

I have taken my 4 yr old son out of Orwood twice. We fished the openings of the two little cuts on the right as your going to Disco. I rigged him up with a green 5" senko and he caught his first fish all by himself the second time out. I got a video of it and got a kick out of seeing him reel it in by himself yelling "I caught a fish, I caught a fish".

Dropshotting the docks in Disco with a 4" MMIII worm also produced numbers but no size but thats ok, the kid didn't care.

Since my boy is only 4, I'm staying away from heavy boat traffic as not to freak him out with the boat rocking and rolling.

Have fun,
Jim
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Re: TAKING MY ELEVEN YEAR OLD TO THE DELTA NEED A LITTLE HEL

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

You say she likes tossing lures, is she a fair caster or just learning..I ask because fishing around docks, say like in Disco and other areas may not be all that good of an idea..If she has pretty good control then she should do well..Tie on a whacky rigged Senko, just about any color will do, watermelon or pumpkin would probably be best, and have her cast close to the docks and work it back very slowly..You might want to insert a nail weight in the Senko to get it down a little quicker..Short and erratic movements of the rod to impart some action to the Senko should get her some fish..As far as crankbaits go, you can use any of the red colored Speed Traps and do OK..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..