No
39%
Yes
61%

Total votes: 64

kylebass91

Re: LOOK AT THIS BASS

Post by kylebass91 »

G, we defentally would if we had a boat.....just had the thing rebuilt 2 years ago and boom!!!! we were gonna fish a delta and the clearlake 100%'s we might be there for next years were looking at a 175 merc pro excess
Calistar

Post by Calistar »

I know this topic has been done to death (pun intended) but for me personally, I would never keep a fish. Even if someday I am fortunate enough to catch a monster, I will just take measurements and photos. If I didn't have a camera, then I would just savor the memory of the catch for a long time.

But this is not to take away from your achievment. Congrats on the nice fish. Its a beaut.

Greg H.
Iafrate94505

Post by Iafrate94505 »

Calistar wrote:I know this topic has been done to death (pun intended) but for me personally, I would never keep a fish. Even if someday I am fortunate enough to catch a monster, I will just take measurements and photos. If I didn't have a camera, then I would just savor the memory of the catch for a long time.

But this is not to take away from your achievment. Congrats on the nice fish. Its a beaut.

Greg H.
what about the bleeders ? or the fish that die in transit ?

ever,never and always.
L Dub

Post by L Dub »

Wow... I didn't mean to start anything against sheldonbisbee. Sorry man, knee jerk reaction. IMAHYPOCRITE. Congrats on the PB. Tight lines.
Calistar

Post by Calistar »

what about the bleeders ? or the fish that die in transit ?
You know what my point is <sigh> :roll:

Greg H.
lunker punker

Post by lunker punker »

I cant stand fish killers. You are just ruining your own spot and negating the oppurtunity to stick her when shes 10 plus pounds. Replicas are a way better option in terms of durability and preserving your favorite fishery. Posts like this make me sad. The one fish you strive and strive for and you kill it. Would you kill your chess partner after you won? Who will you play with next? You will eventually run out of partners to play the game you truly love. I know its only one fish but in the grand scheme of things if the good sticks out there killed thier personal best fish the fisheries would suffer and we would all complain about not catching big fish. I will not vote for you ever to win free stuff if you killed the fish!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to sound like a meany but this subject really bothers me. Enjoy your adversaries battles without killing them or you will not fight another day. Peace.
Jeremy
Big baits,big fish,big smiles!!!!!
sheldonbisbee

Post by sheldonbisbee »

dude why u say something if u dont even like the topic then
i kept the fish kuz i felt like it and i wanted to get it mounted and i am . I release all my fish that's the only one i have ever kept. :x
Brigham

Post by Brigham »

Dom wrote:Nice fish Sheldon Congrats now with that being said I know whats done is done but the next big fish you catch snap a pic instead of killing it, a mount is nothing more then somthing to show off to friends ,etc.. show off with a pic. The fight was the prize and you won, its a fight you will never forget. why not give someone else the chance to have that same fight? Just a thought its your fish to do with what ya want.

Tight Lines Dom :D
well put Dom
Iafrate94505

Post by Iafrate94505 »

sheldonbisbee wrote:dude why u say something if u dont even like the topic then
i kept the fish kuz i felt like it and i wanted to get it mounted and i am . I release all my fish that's the only one i have ever kept. :x
Not all, as seen by your Pic.
sheldonbisbee

Post by sheldonbisbee »

Kept That one there thats the only one man why do u have to bother me why can't ya just say nice fish and go on with your life huh
plz :shock:
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

sheldonbisbee wrote:Kept That one there thats the only one man why do u have to bother me why can't ya just say nice fish and go on with your life huh
plz :shock:
Nice fish. Bet it was a fun time.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
sheldonbisbee

Post by sheldonbisbee »

it was the best time of my life :D
Biff

Post by Biff »

Iafrate94505 wrote:
Dude you sound alot like A guy that used to be on here, some thing 343, and he ate his fish all the time. a real nut job.
LL for life
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Biff wrote:
Iafrate94505 wrote:
Dude you sound alot like A guy that used to be on here, some thing 343, and he ate his fish all the time. a real nut job.
Biff you quoted 2 people, who you talking to?
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Biff

Post by Biff »

Iafrate 94505, my bad
LL for life
g-man

Post by g-man »

Biff wrote:Iafrate 94505, my bad
700 posts, and you still don't know how to quote? :roll: :roll:
100% LL
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Biff wrote:
Iafrate94505 wrote:
Bruizer the bait soaker! :D
Iafrate94505

Post by Iafrate94505 »

Biff wrote:
Iafrate94505 wrote:
i dont think developmental disabilities are a laughing matter.
I do eat river fish all the time, especially the keeper size.
Sweet meat....soak em in a cage a couple days and the catfish are
as tasty as they come...2nd to clear lake kitties.

Moderation my friend.
CN

Post by CN »

And every Bass or Fish you let go has survived......?

Some have died you know it as well as I.

How can you put someone down for doing something legal.Yes let the fish go but.....?
Brian

Post by Brian »

HMMM didnt I say the last time this came up that I was going to go out and keep 2 bass for every post that someone made giving some poor guy crp about keeping one bass? I think so and this is a long thread. I have some work to do. :wink:
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
sheldonbisbee

Post by sheldonbisbee »

hahahahahahah lol yea :lol:
upriverLMB

Post by upriverLMB »

Nice catch, if it feels good do it. A 7.5 out of ther food chain aint chit. Would you rather dump her at russo's and,,,,, well you know what!
LMB
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Nice fish, no need to vote.

I got the largest bass of my life a couple of months ago, just under 9, and got a great photo of her. I'm going to enlarge it and mount the lure (buzzbait) under it. It's as good as a mount for memories sake and will be easier to keep clean. :lol:
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
Fishn Fighter

Post by Fishn Fighter »

wow Lunker where did you find a soap box that big to hold your ego?... You guys are out of controll... if the guy wants to keep his fish LET him... If you really think that keeping as few fish is going to cause the extinction of LMB as you compared them to running out of chess partners you are being maniacle. What about the impact YOU have on the species just being on the water.. Your boat wake causing extra erosion, the noise your motor makes, the bottoms you tear up with your trolling motor, Let me ask you think PUNKER and re read your post BEFORE you answer...

Would you drive arround looking for a pregnant woman looking for a hospital to give birth, put a nice big bowl of Hagandas on a hook, HOOK her, drag her into your car, hold her head under water so she couldnt breath, take some pictures, stick her in a box, drive over EVERY speed bump you can find, then let her go miles from where she WANTED to have her child... WOULD YOU

I didnt think so !... .... Im with Brian Im going to have a LMB BBQ for the entire block Today... MMMMM LMB
Fishn Fighter

Post by Fishn Fighter »

and one more thing... Before you send a some free baits and have my post nuked...

You spend your time developing better ways for people to catch more and bigger fish , correct?... so if more people catch more and bigger fish wouldnt that statisticly raise the mortaltiy rate without the same increase in new fish in the system.. thus depleating the species...

Just want to make sure I understand....
bassenvy

Post by bassenvy »

funny thing about all the meat hunters on the delta everyone despises....they are implimenting selective harvest whether you like it or not. How many bass fishermen do you know that keep fish? I don't think Cooch would complain about all those giants he's caught this year!

imo some tournaments should keep a certain percentage of small fish to give to shelters and people in the need. Ofcourse that would mean we would have to have a warm water management division in place doing counts! Steve?

btw nice fish!
Terry Smith

Post by Terry Smith »

FISH TACO'S YUMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYY :lol:
http://www.basscat.com
http://www.tntbaits.com/
Lounge Lizard Extreme Bass Fishing
(916) 719-7225
lunker punker

Post by lunker punker »

Sorry Bassbones. I didnt mean to have an opinion. Ill get rid of it asap.
Big baits,big fish,big smiles!!!!!
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

lunker punker wrote:Would you kill your chess partner after you won?
Jeremy
No, but after I lost is another story.
sheldonbisbee

Post by sheldonbisbee »

Greg_Cornish wrote:
lunker punker wrote:Would you kill your chess partner after you won?
Jeremy
No, but after I lost is another story.

lol yea thats a whole different story
Iafrate94505

Post by Iafrate94505 »

Fishn Fighter wrote:wow Lunker where did you find a soap box that big to hold your ego?... You guys are out of controll... if the guy wants to keep his fish LET him... If you really think that keeping as few fish is going to cause the extinction of LMB as you compared them to running out of chess partners you are being maniacle. What about the impact YOU have on the species just being on the water.. Your boat wake causing extra erosion, the noise your motor makes, the bottoms you tear up with your trolling motor, Let me ask you think PUNKER and re read your post BEFORE you answer...

Would you drive arround looking for a pregnant woman looking for a hospital to give birth, put a nice big bowl of Hagandas on a hook, HOOK her, drag her into your car, hold her head under water so she couldnt breath, take some pictures, stick her in a box, drive over EVERY speed bump you can find, then let her go miles from where she WANTED to have her child... WOULD YOU

I didnt think so !... .... Im with Brian Im going to have a LMB BBQ for the entire block Today... MMMMM LMB

That by far is the Most Asinine Analogy I have 'NEVER' heard. How can
you compare...Black Bass, aka: Food for Mankind to eat, placed here by the Almighty. To a Woman in Labor with a sweet tooth ?????

FYI....women don't need a hospital to Deliver a Baby.

As far as you eating LMB.....that would mean you would have to have gone Fishing. :wink:

get well soon. :)
Fishn Fighter

Post by Fishn Fighter »

um I was NOT the one that compared fish to another human being.. THAT was Lunker... I used HIS logic to make a point... and I dont think he is going to send YOU free stuff for sitting on his lap. SO GET OFF IT......

as far as an opinion.. an opinion would be " I support c&R " NOT " your a sack of crap for keeping a fish and your the reason the species is depleted" wich was the jist of your post... anyhoo....
sheldonbisbee

Post by sheldonbisbee »

Fishn Fighter wrote:um I was NOT the one that compared fish to another human being.. THAT was Lunker... I used HIS logic to make a point... and I dont think he is going to send YOU free stuff for sitting on his lap. SO GET OFF IT......

as far as an opinion.. an opinion would be " I support c&R " NOT " your a sack of crap for keeping a fish and your the reason the species is depleted" wich was the jist of your post... anyhoo....

Is this towards me :?:
Fishn Fighter

Post by Fishn Fighter »

is what tward you....??... NO.... you can keep every fish you ever catch and I could care less.....
sheldonbisbee

Post by sheldonbisbee »

Fishn Fighter wrote:is what tward you....??... NO.... you can keep every fish you ever catch and I could care less.....
O Ok just makin sure hahah :D
Fishn Fighter

Post by Fishn Fighter »

:roll:
Sean Graf

Post by Sean Graf »

Fishn Fighter,

You owe my son a slurpee, I'll PM you my address so you can send him a gift card for one.

Thanks!
Fishn Fighter

Post by Fishn Fighter »

why do I owe your son a slupee?
Sean Graf

Post by Sean Graf »

Uh...

Brain freeze on my part, Lunker owes my son a slurpee.

Come back!
Biff

Post by Biff »

Fish fry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeehhhhhhhhaaaaaa
LL for life
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

upriverLMB wrote:Nice catch, if it feels good do it. A 7.5 out of ther food chain aint chit. Would you rather dump her at russo's and,,,,, well you know what!
Yeah, NO SHAT! And just last night, they finally busted a group of them bait dunking poachers out there at Russo's! These pukes are so arrogant, they berth their boats right there were the fish are dumped down the tube! Sorry ta "Re-thread Jack" this thread, but I think this is more important to the bass fishing community and you all bickerin over a guy who kept a bass from the river legally!!!!!!!

Quit all yer bickerin and git off yer butts and go help the DFG like Theil and the The Kid at The Hook did yesterday, to hammer the pukes who are really messin' with our fisheries!