In the end I didn't get hosed

Scott Shambre

In the end, I didn't get hosed

Post by Scott Shambre »

So it didn't cost $50 for the permit

No Jay Rowan over at F&G found a permit I had paid for, but never used and applied those fees to a new permit. Anyone that tried to give me money for the permit either got their money back, or it went into the pot for the winner's

We're weighing five fish not three

With the number of boats that showed up alot of weights would have been right on top of each other. With the scale being used and weighing the fish in an unstable platform like the boat, 5 fish was the better option to weigh the fish with little problems

And by the way winner doesn't take all, were paying two spots

Again, with as many boats that showed up, paying 2 spots was logical

Ex TD at his best.

Yes it was me doing what I do best...making decisons to benefit everyone involved and just not you and your cronies. If you don't like it, stay home and watch Jeopardy or Golden Girls or whatever it is you watch when you're not being an a$$. Ohhhh.....by the way, how many fish did you weigh ? I'ld be angry too!!!

Scott Shambre[/b]
Brian

Re: Ok I just got hosed for $50

Post by Brian »

JCS wrote:So it didn't cost $50 for the permit

Ex TD at his best.

Jones
So I take it that you will be putting on the next one to show us how it is done?
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
sTony

Re: In the end, I didn't get hosed

Post by sTony »

I gotta say, dealing with Kyle, Jay, Terry Foreman, Mike Guisti and so on... that part of DFG has always been easy and a pleasure. Something I actually look forward to doing.

Now the enforcement wing of DFG I ain't gonna say nothing about. Momma taught me that long ago.

sTony
GNJ

Post by GNJ »

Thats funny I saw someone driving a white Tahoe yesterday that was doing that exact thing but they had a hockey jersey on. It was the weirdest thing
Last edited by GNJ on Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
GNJ

Post by GNJ »

Brian wrote:
JCS wrote:So it didn't cost $50 for the permit

Ex TD at his best.

Jones
So I take it that you will be putting on the next one to show us how it is done?
It is a Turkey shoot not that difficult.
Scott Shambre

Post by Scott Shambre »

If you are taking a weak shot at me, I don't drive a tahoe and wasn't wearing a hockey jersey.
Is there a Lost Land of retards????
Iafrate94505

Post by Iafrate94505 »

Scott Shambre wrote:..by the way, how many fish did you weigh ? I'ld be angry too!!![/b]

Scott Shambre[/b]

ROFLOFLMAO.......hahahaha.
Calistar

Post by Calistar »

GNJ wrote:
It is a Turkey shoot not that difficult.
Running at T-Shoot is not difficult...making everyone happy is a different story.

Greg H.
biteme

Post by biteme »

Everyone is a critic sittin on the side lines.
Hammerbm

Post by Hammerbm »

It was fun old man....thanks for puttin it on. I forgot how much **** you talk though! Its ok...we still got to put some fish in the boat, probably more than i can say for some others. LOL! And never mind the haters, everyone cries when things dont fall their way. It was good seein you Scott, it always a pleasure to share the same water, whether it be with or against you. Give me a ring if you need a partner to fish with, i can always make time. And the family sends their regards to you and the kids take care Scott.

Bryan
a.k.a. Bubba
Jay Rowan

Re: Who needs a Fishing Contest Permit?

Post by Jay Rowan »

Calistar wrote:Jay,
I understand your reasoning, but my gripe is not WHAT happened but HOW it all went down. Someone saw a post on the INTERNET and contacted Fish and Game...so that they can collect their 50 bucks. Thats almost like a city cop watching the news on TV, seeing someone speed at 75mph on I80...and then calling a CHP.

You can see how much negativity has been generated by this thread. And as someone else pointed out, it has spread to other forums. More than most groups that I know, bass fishermen talk with each other...this action was not in the best interest of F&G.
To me, it's just not worth it.

But not to worry, there has only been 1300+ views of this thread as of this writing. :roll:

Greg H.
Greg.
To put this all in perspective.
Once the issue was brought up and decided that this was no different than any other annual permit, (if you go by the strict def. it obviously is, and if you take into account the other things I listed earlier, which was done, it still does) there are only a few options.
1)Look the other way. Not really a palatable option and precedent to set in my opinion for an agency that is charged with protecting our resources. It would be inconsistent and not fair to guys like Ken O. who frequents this board and runs the Wed. evening turkey shoot over in Clear Lake who asked and was told by a warden that he needed to get a permit and did so, and it’s not fair to all the clubs that get their permits, the vast majority of which pull right around this same number of boats.
2)Send in wardens to write tickets. Obviously not the route to take.
3)Contact the person holding the tournament and let them know that they need a permit for it. Same thing I’ve done probably a dozen times this year for various other tournaments. I’m normally making the calls for trout derbies because most don’t know they need permits. At least that’s what they tell me. In fact, I made a phone call to someone holding a trout derby the same day I sent the pm.
Someone was told that they needed a fishing contest permit for a fishing contest. Know one is being hauled in front of a judge, or lead away in handcuffs, or slapped with a big fine. All we did was change the type of permit from event to annual and change the date of the contest. There was one sticking point that I needed to clear up after I talked with Scott the first time and this post was made before I had a chance to talk to him and let him know he was all set and it would just be a change to an unused permit. Ask any TD from the club level on up to FLW, we change dates and waters all the time within our authority to do so.
Ray Vanacore

Post by Ray Vanacore »

biteme wrote:Im not shocked.
If they were only out on the water to see the bucket grabers I see every weekend!
Well im not here to start a big he said, she said, but if you or anyone else are seeing what you say is going on, every weekend why arent you and everyone else that supposably sees this reporting it to the right Authorities. I hear it every week in the kiosk on there way out, i'm not the one to tell, call the park rangers they will contact the right people. If there in a boat get there CF #. The F&G employees, must dearly love there jobs because it can't for the pay, And BS they have to endure.
Ray Vanacore
Browns Ravine Employee
biteme

Post by biteme »

Ray Vanacore wrote:
biteme wrote:Im not shocked.
If they were only out on the water to see the bucket grabers I see every weekend!
Well im not here to start a big he said, she said, but if you or anyone else are seeing what you say is going on, every weekend why arent you and everyone else that supposably sees this reporting it to the right Authorities. I hear it every week in the kiosk on there way out, i'm not the one to tell, call the park rangers they will contact the right people. If there in a boat get there CF #. The F&G employees, must dearly love there jobs because it can't for the pay, And BS they have to endure.
Ray Vanacore
Browns Ravine Employee
For the most part its the guys on the shore so they have no CF#. BUT the point was they should be walking the shore or doing a drive by rather then posting on the net. I dunno about you, but when Im fishing Im out to get away from all the BS. My phone is turned off and Im enjoying my time away. Im paying for enforcement, I play by the rules. Now when Im not able to fish Im watching the forum's to learn about the sport I love. I also will post to try and edgicate importance of C&R.
Jay Rowan

Post by Jay Rowan »

sTony wrote:I gotta say, dealing with Kyle, Jay, Terry Foreman, Mike Guisti and so on... that part of DFG has always been easy and a pleasure. Something I actually look forward to doing.

Now the enforcement wing of DFG I ain't gonna say nothing about. Momma taught me that long ago.

sTony
Thanks for the kind words Tony, but I've got to call you on the Enforcement part.
You could triple my salary and I wouldn't do their job. Thankless, underpaid and overworked are gross understatements. I think they have an exemplary record with all the major busts of poaching rings they've had the last few years in the Delta and those are just the ones that make the paper. You don't ever hear about all the poaching busts that are made on a near daily basis. They work nights, weekends and holidays, by themselves with back up oftentimes hours away intentionally looking for armed people that are killing things illegally.
I have a lot of respect for them and the job that they do.
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Dom wrote:You know whats BS? I know, I know, shut up and bend over :evil: Tight Lines Dom
Hey DOM, good ta have ya back! But I'll take the 5th! HAR! HAR !HAR!