Jason Conser

Guyle

Jason Conser

Post by Guyle »

I just noticed Jason Conser signed up as a non boater teen in the Pro-Teen Tourny. What the heck is Jason fishing against these kids for? He fished Stren and is some kinda world champ thing. He even has a boat. :D
Last edited by Guyle on Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guy Kelley

Re: Jason Conser Fishing as Teen ?

Post by Guy Kelley »

Guyle; you are probably right about Jason C fishing the Pro/Teen as a Teen.

As to his abilities to catch fish more or less than any other teen out there.

Agreed he dose probably have a slight advantage over the average.

But in the long view, dose it really matter !? Isn't this just about a group of kids fishing off the back of the boat with some one for the day ?

Advantaged or disadvantaged, I don't think it really matters, no money involved, Just having fun.

Maybe I am seeing this through rose colored glasses. but the kid I had on the back of the boat last year came from a family who was pretty well off who came in second the year before. And we stunk it up pretty badly but had a lot of fun anyway !!!
Guyle

Post by Guyle »

You are correct guy it probably doesn't matter. However if he ends up in my boat we will be fishing his spots cuz I can't be givin up mine. :)
Obi-Hub

Re: Jason Conser

Post by Obi-Hub »

Why shouldn't Jason be able to fish something he is eligible to fish? He still has a "teen" in his age. They are not fishing for money, just braggin' rights. This will be his last year of eligibility. Perhaps next year he will come and show his "stuff" and join the boater ranks and share his Delta knowledge with an up and coming teen.

BTW...There will be whole bunch of sticks that fish in the Pro-Teen event. So why isolate him? Just because he is trying to improve his angling skills by fishing with Pros? It is not like he fish the events ou referred to as a boater, he fished as Co-angler. Isn't the primary reason for fishing as a Co to increase one's knowledge base? As for the World Champ thing, that was Junior Bassmasters another "teen" only event, and I believe that was Regional Champ, I don't remember the exact details.

Obi
bassindon69

Post by bassindon69 »

I don't see the big deal. When Mike Reynolds shows up to fish the Open Night tourney that goes on once a year (The Ambassador Classic) @ Don Pedro, I don't wonder why he is there. I think more like BRING IT ON. Mike has been in many BASS tourneys. I think it is better to test your skills against those that have done and even won the Big shows. If KVD wants to fish in a tourney I am doing great. No big deal. If you beat the fish, names mean nothing.

Jason is a teen and has every right to play.

Have fun Jason, Take it as a compliment that you are a threat :wink:

Don.
Go Big or Go Home!
http://calfishing.com/gallery/v/members/bassindon69/basspics/
Guyle

Post by Guyle »

Yes Jason you should definitely take this as a compliment.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

All right, I just hope I draw him so I can learn some new water :lol:

Seriously, Jason has been fishing this event for a while and I am sure that we will continue to participate in this event from the boaters side.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
skolnuts

Post by skolnuts »

""You are correct guy it probably doesn't matter. However if he ends up in my boat we will be fishing his spots cuz I can't be givin up mine. ""

Guyle....

STAY OFF MY WATER !! :P

[/quote]
Jason C.

Post by Jason C. »

Guyle,
While I appreciate you thinkin that I'm a good angler and everything I just want to let you know(as well as anyone else thats worried about it) that this is my LAST year eligable to fish as a teen. I have been fishing this every year as a teen and wanted to finish off as a teen. This is THE tournament and event that got me hooked and started in this whole sport to begin with. Before I was 13 I was just a few times ayear fisherman, we would go camping for 1 week every summer where we would fish for trout only, and I would also fish the salmon run in October. Then my dad found out about the Por-Teen he signed me up, I drew Fred Roumbanis, me and him finished 10th, which isnt bad considering it was my FIRST time bass fishin!! From then on I was hooked on this amazing sport!! As far as me haveing a boat, You can pretty much say that I dont have a boat as my motor is blown, I dont have the money to fix it AND my batteries are shot, and again I dont have the money to get new ones. If I do draw you, I would have NO problems fishing my spots, maybe then you will realize that I still have TONS to learn. I suck on the Delta and its my home lake. I personally feel that I am a MUCH better lake fisherman, because on the delta I can only seem to manage an average of 12-15lbs of fish, with a HUGE rareity of ever breaking 20lbs. And as far as me being a "World Champ" I won the JR. State Championship back in 2004, and competed in the JR. Bassmasters Classic where I ZEROED for 2 days of fishing. Last year I finished 2nd in the JR State Championship. Yes I did fish the Stren last year, but only because I wanted to learn more about this sport and if you look at my results at the delta you will see I sucked BIG TIME!! I finished in 109th place and for the season I finished in 59th or 60th. At Clear Lake I finished 187th out of a feild of 200 people.

Anyways the MAIN reason I am fishing as a teen, is mainy for sentimental value, I dont have a boat, and there was a period there where I didnt think I was going to be able to play as a teen so I WAS LOOKING to borrow someones boat. But everyone I asked said their boat was already being used!!!
Winning Isn't Everything...But Wanting To IS!
Tight Lines, Jason C.
jasonconser@yahoo.com 925-727-4077
[color=orange] www.dobynsrods.com [/color]
[color=blue] www.inland-marine.com [/color]
Jason C.

Post by Jason C. »

By the way...thanks to you guys that are sticking up for me! I really appreciate all your guys's support!!
Winning Isn't Everything...But Wanting To IS!
Tight Lines, Jason C.
jasonconser@yahoo.com 925-727-4077
[color=orange] www.dobynsrods.com [/color]
[color=blue] www.inland-marine.com [/color]
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Guyle wrote:You are correct guy it probably doesn't matter. However if he ends up in my boat we will be fishing his spots cuz I can't be givin up mine. :)
You have my permission, most of em are mine anyhow! HAR! HAR! HAR!
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

I brought this post back because I thought it was imortant for EVEYONE to know the entire story behind this.

This infact would have been Jason's last year fishing the event. He would have been one of a very few to fish each event through his teen years. He and I had a conversation about this back in January, and both of us agreed, it would be very cool for him to finish out his last year as a "Teen Boater". I mean, that's the epitome of this event, we introduce the kids to tournament fishing, and it's just awesome they way we see some of these young folks proceede in the same direction we all have. Unfortunately, he blew his motor. He came to me with his delima, as he mentioned, we've attempted to find him a boat with out any success. He asked me about fishing it and we both sat and discussed this like men, and he took it very well when I explained that he's had far more oppurtunities over the years, and we wouldn't want to take a spot away from a kid who'd never been out or maybe just their first time participating. He fully understood and accepted that, he's even been helping me with the tackle packs this week, as well as planned to be at the event to help on land where needed.

It was me, that mentioned to him, "If we have an over abundance of boats, and all the other teens are paired up, then I'd be more than willing to allow him to fish the event. We agreed that ONLY, under these conditions, would we allow him to fish. He accepted these conditions graciously. Jason is a great kid, and at 19, he's given back and is putting more into the bass fishing community here than a lot of folks who have been doing this for many, many years. As the TD and final decission maker, I felt it prudent to at least afford him the chance if it became available. So when I realized we had 98 boaters registered, I put out the word for more teens to join, and sent Jason a Note it was looking like I could let him in and would put him on the list.

If anyone REALLY has a problem with this, A: blame me, B: call me and let's discuss it.
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

I was fortunate enough to get paired up with Jason last year. After we got paired up on Saturday afternoon, we walked down to the hook on the water to check out Jason's boat. My eyes lit up when I saw the spread of rods and baits on the deck.
My first thought was I am going to let this kid down. I put a lot of pressure on myself, everything Cooch says not to do.
Next morning comes around. The pressure was still there, but I know how to fish, so that's what we were going to do. I mentioned it in another thread without naming Jason, didn't know if it would embarrass him, and I hope this doesn't. His excitement just to be out fishing showed through like I didn't expect. All that pressure I put on myself was wasted energy. His eyes were filled like a little boys with happiness. Sorry Jason, but this is a good thing as far as I see it, I hope the little boy in me never dies.
That is what it's all about for me. The years past I've had similar experiences. I will support this event as long as I can for these reasons.
Jason I'm glad to read your coming out for your last year as a teen. I'll see you there.
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Jason, I have a new [10 hours on it ] Ranger TR177 ready to go.
The only hold up on the Delta is a 12volt 55lb TM. If you would like to fish as a boater. Its yours :D
Last year as a non would be fun, But it is best if its not a have too.
cleb19

Post by cleb19 »

I had the pleasure to fish with Jason at Clear Lake for the Stren he needed a Ride during pre fish and myself being the young guy that i am and knowing how it was when I was a Co-angler needing some pre-fish time i gladly took him out. Jason is one of the most enthuastic Kids when it comes to fishing I have ever met, we talked about the Pro-Teen and he had told me he was going to fish it as a teen one more year because that is where he started and knew it would be the right thing to do to end it there also. Go get em Jason, and dont Worry Stren was tough on a lot of us :oops: we'll get em next year.

Chad
Sean Graf

Post by Sean Graf »

Cooch wrote:
Guyle wrote:You are correct guy it probably doesn't matter. However if he ends up in my boat we will be fishing his spots cuz I can't be givin up mine. :)
You have my permission, most of em are mine anyhow! HAR! HAR! HAR!
LOL :lol:
Ken C.

Post by Ken C. »

I guess I am kind of biased here, since Jason is my son. As you are aware, he did fish the Stren Series. Did he win or even place in any of those events? The record shows no.

But the way I see it he DID win because he made the commitment, went out and met and fished with alot of other great anglers and learned new techniques and ideas about fishing. I can say with all honesty that Jason has been well mentored in the fine art of "respecting another's water". To him it is more important to learn why a particular stretch of water attracts fish.

I can honestly tell you that he is NOT the type of angler who fishes as a co-angler only to glean somebody's secret spot. He has never taken (or shown) me or any other angler to any of the many spots he has been taken to, out of respect for the angler who took him there. Don't worry - he's out there to learn and have fun!

Not to mention that you'd be hard-pressed to find another one as enthusiastic about fishing as he is!
g-man

Post by g-man »

Go get em Jason....... :wink:
100% LL
kb

Post by kb »

Jason will be the first one there in the morning to help Cooch and the guys, last one to leave after everything is done, long after all the other kids are home.

If he wants to fish one more year as a teen I think he should do it and do it proudly. He gets beat up pretty hard by several of us basically cuz he needs it :twisted: and he takes it pretty well. If he wins he will be a gracious winner and a good role model for the kids to see, if he isn't there will be a long line to kick his A$$ starting with his dad.

I knew Conroy Oakley the C.O. in the Pro Teen Classic. He and I were pretty good friends and the last thing he would ever want is a kid that wanted to fish and was eligable to fish to be left out. Jason if you win you dedicate this win to Conroy and know he would have cut you no slack and would have rode you like a old horse but he would have liked you and your enthusiasm.

I remember him many times hollaring across the parking lot at me in the morning "Brown i'm gonna kick your A$$ today you better catch em" and then ask me if I needed any worms or sticking a bag in my pocket and telling me "boy they are biting these"

C.O. died of a heart attack at Clear Lake during a WON Bass tournament after catching his fifth fish on the second day. The crusty old worm dragger got a check that day and died right there in his bass boat.........you guys think that kind of guy would want a 19 year old boy left on the dock......me either

you catch em Jason!

kb
Norv

Post by Norv »

I've had the pleasure of knowing Jason since he recruited me as a boater for a Delta Teen tournament a few years ago. We also spent some time talking at last year's Rally at Clear Lake. As mentioned by others Jason is a very enthusiastic bass fisherman and is always eager to learn as well as being there to help out. Jason is a great guy and I wish him well during the tournament.
sTony

Post by sTony »

For those that might not have seen it Jason is featured on a westernbass.tv video that we shot over at Lake Sonoma. You get a great idea of who he is from the show. And he busts a nice bag of fish in the process.

There was never an intent to keep Jason out of the pro teen tournament. Some of these kids sometimes forget to get signed up in a timely manner also. We have the Delta Teen Team right here local to the Delta and sometimes the kids from that club just don't get themselves signed up as early as they need to assure entry into the event. This year it seems that we have more boating support then we have ever had in the past and we're truly blessed for that

Let's not turn this into something political and also not knock the organizers of the event who've been doing this for 11 years and work diligently to get every kid who wants to fish out in a boat on that day. And we'd be nowhere with this event without all the boaters and volunteers that graciously give of their time year in and year out.

If you haven't participated in this event there are a lot of opportunities to jump in and make a difference. We also need help with the valet concept we use to get the teens and pros out on the water and safely retrieved and there is a ton of food that needs cooking and so on. Plus it's just a great event that really can be as or more exciting then any pro event weigh in I've ever witnessed.

Come on down this Sunday and join us. It's going to be a blast and the best tournament you've ever had a hand in.

sTony
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Go get em Jason. What sTony said.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER

Post by BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER »

I've got a better question....... How come Guyle is allowed to call himself a "Pro" ???????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Give me a call sometime Jason,,, I'll show you both of Guyle's spots :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

all in fun..... Good luck Jason..... j/k Guyle 8)
Last edited by BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER on Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Reed

Post by Steve Reed »

I think everyone was just kidding around....does anyone really have a problem with the kid fishing this event?

It didn't seem like it in the previous posts i think some guys were just having fun with him
Monsterfishingtackle.com
Guy Kelley

Post by Guy Kelley »

MY son is getting Married in Orville this Sat or I would have been at the Pro/Teen for sure after last years experience.

When I was Jasons age and older (long time ago) I was a member of the Oakland Y.M.C.A. I would pack as many inner-city kids as I could into my old V.W. and we would go shoot hoops at the Y for the day. did I go out of my way to do this ? Yep !! Long way from Brentwood to Oakland. Did I expect any thing from it . Yep aging !Big time smiles and to hear the kid's laughing as we clowned around !

When I became a Dad, I coached youth Soccer for 12 years. Did I expect something from it !? You bet your Pippy. To see the light of pure Happiness in a child's eyes was and is just about the most fun I can imagine having in a lifetime !

Now YOU have the same opportunity as me in sharing for a Day the chance and privilege in making a teens dreams come true.

It will cost you little and the rewards are HUGE !! If you grumble about the youth of today with out doing something about it, NOW is your chance to maybe turn some ones life around just for a little bit of effort on your part.

If you don't. quite your complaining about it and allow us who care to do !!! I regret the fact that I wont be able to be there this year. but you can bet your last dollar that if i could i would.

I believe it's that important. Pretty soon they will be in the drivers seat and by you having a hand in the development of our future Sons & Daughters. Maybe you are helping with the future congressmen, policemen, solderers. fathers and mothers that our country needs.

God Bless YOU who do !!!
Mark Pollard

Post by Mark Pollard »

Go fish Jason and have memories of the Pro Teen for the life time. Then next year kick everybodies a@#. Your eligable, have fun and sack a big bag. :lol:
Mark Pollard
Coldwell Banker Vinson Chase
www.Teampollard.net For Central Valley Real Estate...
www.gfmarine.com for Nitro, and Skeeter Bass Boats...
www.savephace.com
www.teampollardfishing.com