Got hit last night..

YZKEN250

Got hit last night..

Post by YZKEN250 »

Woke up this morning after fishing a great Pro-Teen event yesterday, and noticed that the gas door and gas cap on my truck was open. Then noticed that the strap holding on my boat cover was undone. Went around the back of my boat to notice a 12" slice in the cover and that my gas line was cut and so was a couple of wires running to the motor. Some scum cut about 4 feet off my garden hose and tried to get gas from my boat and truck. They thought that if they cut out the primer bulb that they could get the gas. To show you how stupid these scumbags are, about 4 ft from the garden hose they cut was a 5 gallon gas can with about 3 gallons of gas in it. Take all the gas you want but dont damage my boat in the process. I live on 1 acre of land out in the country too. They are lucky I was sound asleep or they would of gotten a couple 9mm holes put through them, had I heard them.
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Re: Got hit last night..

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Sorry to hear about the damage to your boat, that really sucks..The way things are, chances are we are going to see a whole lot more use of an Oklahoma credit card to get gas..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
Mike

Post by Mike »

I've had gas stolen out of my truck a couple of times in my driveway :cry:
OG on WB since 1993
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

Sorry to read that, hopefully it doesnt get any worse than this.

I was talking to a friend that manages a supermarket. They have all the surveillance cameras out in the parking lot. A guy in a van would pick his target, slide a container under the gas tank, punch a hole in the gas tank, then drive around the lot while it drains. If it ain't gas, then it's catalytic converters. Our vehicle are not safe outdoors.

I feel badly for people that are hurting, but this idiotic behaviour needs to be dealt with.
I had to come back...I know...
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

Some body got my truck the other nite and I just filled it I don,t how they did but they took most of the gas I had a enough to get to the gas station.
skolnuts

Post by skolnuts »

Ken, That fu&#in sucks dude. Sorry bro. When i get back in town we can hit up da delta in my boat.
Buzzbait

Post by Buzzbait »

That does suck man. Sorry to hear that.

Time to get you a little Rat Terrier!!! They detect scum bag thieves from a mile away.. :wink:
[img]http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/16813/7d/www.walmart.com/i/catalog/modules/G0040/walmart_logo2.gif[/img]
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Mike wrote:I've had gas stolen out of my truck a couple of times in my driveway :cry:
It's happened 3 times to my roommate in our driveway. Hasn't happened to me yet.
davet.

Post by davet. »

Read my post under
"2 robbed at humpheys--beware of your surroundings"
Then go to home depot and get the wireless motion detector ($50), goes to a light socket. I put mine in my bedroom. Worked like a charm, caught the bad guys in the act last week.
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

davet. wrote:Read my post under
"2 robbed at humpheys--beware of your surroundings"
Then go to home depot and get the wireless motion detector ($50), goes to a light socket. I put mine in my bedroom. Worked like a charm, caught the bad guys in the act last week.
We're gong to get one of those.
davet.

Post by davet. »

Let me clarify that a bit: A small battery powered transmitter is mounted near your vehicles and it comes with 2 recievers that screw into any light socket. Your supposed to put the light sockets in your front portch. I chose my bedroom. Light comes on, badguys get a big surprise.
Buzzbait

Post by Buzzbait »

davet. wrote:Let me clarify that a bit: A small battery powered transmitter is mounted near your vehicles and it comes with 2 recievers that screw into any light socket. Your supposed to put the light sockets in your front portch. I chose my bedroom. Light comes on, badguys get a big surprise.
I like that idea. I've got a fence so huge around my house though I think it might only alert me to the occasional squirrel lookin' to steal dog food. :lol:
[img]http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/16813/7d/www.walmart.com/i/catalog/modules/G0040/walmart_logo2.gif[/img]
plungers

Post by plungers »

I live in the country also, My neighbor down thr street has been hit several times. I have not been hit yet, however I have a really crabby shepard/rotwiller mix who hates his own shadow. Works for me!! Jim
FishaHallic

Post by FishaHallic »

plungers wrote:I live in the country also, My neighbor down thr street has been hit several times. I have not been hit yet, however I have a really crabby shepard/rotwiller mix who hates his own shadow. Works for me!! Jim
:lol:
Florida transplant, miss my Bass fishing
mjb

Post by mjb »

Dont get mad get even!!! HOW ?? Fill a gas can with equal part's of the following> gas, water & sugar. Next, leave the gas can somewhere that will catch the eye of some scum-bag !!!
GET IT ???
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Okay, no more bitchin' about Lake County! My buddy got his best rods stolen out of his bass boat in Lakeport and the kids felt bad and returned them.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
snapitoff2002

Post by snapitoff2002 »

One word....

Tweekers
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

mjb wrote:Dont get mad get even!!! HOW ?? Fill a gas can with equal part's of the following> gas, water & sugar. Next, leave the gas can somewhere that will catch the eye of some scum-bag !!!
GET IT ???
They'll sue you and win in California.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
skolnuts

Post by skolnuts »

""Dont get mad get even!!! HOW ?? Fill a gas can with equal part's of the following> gas, water & sugar. Next, leave the gas can somewhere that will catch the eye of some scum-bag !!!
GET IT ???""

I like it, very clever idea....
Norv

Post by Norv »

Yesterday I noticed that someone had "punched" in the door lock on my truck. I'm not sure when it might have happened since I use the remote to open/close the doors. At least if they tried to open the door the alarm would have gone off.

Norval Chan
Norval Chan

ESOX Rods
Put a Sock on It
Xtreme Reel+
Peregrine 250
Water Dog
Eagle Eye
California Community Credit Union
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I say, bait them with gas mixed with thermite!
Put a red can in plain sight, It'll be awesome to see whos block melts!
Cant tell you how to mix it but you can find that anywhere online
Good Hunting
Adrian
Gator

Post by Gator »

Just read where the Sacramento School district buses also got hit - story is on News10.net. I guess we are all gonna have to go to locking gas caps - glad my truck has one.
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

Adrian wrote:I say, bait them with gas mixed with thermite!
Put a red can in plain sight, It'll be awesome to see whos block melts!
Cant tell you how to mix it but you can find that anywhere online
Good Hunting
Adrian
Hey thats my trick. Its iron oxide and aluminum. Shave the rust off a railroad tie and grind up some aluminum. When it ignites it burns at over 6000 degrees. Sugar and some of those hobbie rocket motors crumbled up work good to. Thermite is so hot they might not be able to bail out of the car in time. Im okay with that, but what if they got a kid in a car seat? Toasted for sure.
TonyL

Post by TonyL »

Gator wrote:Just read where the Sacramento School district buses also got hit - story is on News10.net. I guess we are all gonna have to go to locking gas caps - glad my truck has one.
Problem with that is that most late model vehicles use plastic tanks now.The dirtbags are just punchin holes now !! we loose our gas and have an auto repair bill !!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
~ Tony
David Rogers

Post by David Rogers »

I was at Jones Valley camp ground a few years back and launched at JV launch ramp, they broke into my camper and stoll close, tools and camping gear about $800.00, my brother was parked next to me in his brand new car, they tossed a big rock through the window and stoll $400.00 worth of CD's and $400.00 worth of camping gear. After examining the situation I drove down to get the boat out of the water, I got all the way up to the parking lot and I ran out of gas, I said what the heck because I had a locking gas door not gas cap but door and it was not touched, they had gone under the wheel well and cut the 3 inch heavey duty hose that goes from the cap to the tank and drained me completely and left me stranded!! A local bass fisherman with his son came buy and said yes there are a lot of tweekers back in the pines and rip people off all the time up there. OK its gets better, I call the Sherriff and get her on the phone and she said and I quote "Oh no, I don't want to go up there again" I said what do you mean again? The Sherriff said we have had over 30 break in's up there in the last year, I said WHY ISN'T IT POSTED!!!! She could not answer me.
I know there are some great peace officers protecting us, this is not a blanket statement but up there they have a different view of what protecting the public is.
David 371V Rogers