Here is the reason for 5 MPH at Folsom

Ray L.

Re: Here is the reason for 5 MPH at Folsom

Post by Ray L. »

Wow... I just watched the video.
I guess you have never been to Havasu....
That is nothing. Try looking at the driver drinking straight out of the bottle.
If that video is what all this crying and b.s. is about I feel sorry for some of you.
K.B. come down to Havasu and have some real fun instead of that small lake ... Heck the girls didn't even take there tops off.... what is that about. :wink: :wink: :D
And if you think there are no humps, rock piles, sandbars and such at Havasu that are un marked try driving on the Cal. side of the lake.
Please it is summer and you will see that on every lake in the country....
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com
orange county circuit breakers

Five alive is good for me
Scott Shambre

Post by Scott Shambre »

Everything you said is true Ray...but now make Havasu 5 MPH...not just certain parts, but the entire lake. Now there is what we're dealing with.

Scott
Is there a Lost Land of retards????
backlash

Post by backlash »

Wow, can't believe I read all that. I have a suggestion though; instead of you guys typing back and forth, callin' each other names etc.. why not do this: meet at Hobie Cove parking lot...stand back to back with your favorite pole loaded with a Zara Spook , pace off 50 feet and start firing them at each other. Do it for half an hour and be done with it.....jeez.
Deacon

Post by Deacon »

Wow I love the name calling and acting like little kids. Really mature guys. Who gives a Rats A$$ if there are wake boarders boarding. Who also gives a Rats A$$ if they are drinking. Were those guys anywhere near around you? Did they ruin your fishing day?

I am a kickboater and I am more of afraid of being on the Delta with most Bassboats than I would be on Folsom with a couple of guys have a some beers.

I lived in Havasu for 3 years and survived 2 MTV Spring Breaks. That was hectic to say the least. What is going on at Folsom sucks but instead of bithin about it here, call your local govt office and do something about it. Help get involved! If you already are involved....good....great....grand!

As far as MR.KRNAICH....I know that he has done alot for the communtiy in Petaluma and the surrounding areas in terms of giving the kids a safe place to ride/skate. that in itsself deserves some props. I have known mike for along time(even though we lost touch years ago) He was a good guy then and a good guy now. This guy has done more his "sport" than most of you will ever do for yours!

Can we have enough of the calling out, name calling and just get out there and fish. Or get out there and wakeboard! He!! just get out and do something rather that posting about doing something!
Quit Wishin and get to Fishin!
g-man

Post by g-man »

What those people where doing might be legal, but if anyone thinks mixing alcohol, with jumping off boats, and playing in a lake is safe your an idiot! It looked fun and all, but someone could have easily got hurt. I could careless about wakeboarders they have just as much right as we do to our waterways. There are plenty of idiot bass fisherman out there too! Do what ever it is you wish to do within the laws, but use your head...
100% LL
basstamer

Post by basstamer »

huh and a b******t thread like this survives????? WOW! WHY?????
I agree with you Scott but unfortutly if they paid their cash they got the right even if we hate it! Aside from the drinking i believe everything else was ok as far as the laws eyes....thank christ for no wake zones huh? tight lines bro-hope all is going well for you.
Scott
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

The only time I ever got hurt is when I was sober. :oops:
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Wow, you all sound like a bunch of old ladies.
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Scott Shambre wrote:Dude does have a big head. He may give potato head a run for his money!!!
I guess you're a LL then huh? You're attitude is perfect. Resorting to insults like a child. You and your buddy Bruizer will get along great.

I'm sure he and a bunch of other LL's will have some names to call me after this post. :D
g-man

Post by g-man »

Tin Can wrote:
Scott Shambre wrote:Dude does have a big head. He may give potato head a run for his money!!!
I guess you're a LL then huh? You're attitude is perfect. Resorting to insults like a child. You and your buddy Bruizer will get along great.

I'm sure he and a bunch of other LL's will have some names to call me after this post. :D
JoeW who was the first to attack who in this thread? Sure was not Scott. Do you see a bunch of LL's in this thread talking smack? I don't!!! We can only police ourselves. You say "I guess you're an LL" WTF does that mean?You wanna talk smack to Scott, or Bruizy go right ahead. But don't go posting like the whole group was in this. Scott did the same thing you, or I woulda done if someone started calling us a loser etc.

this thread has become pointless, I'm sure surprised it has not been deleted! :shock:
100% LL
Scott Shambre

Post by Scott Shambre »

Don't trip G....guy is tryin' to bait someone into an arguement. Tin can is just another example of a person without a clue to the point of the thread to begin with. It is the behavior exhibited in the video that is being targeted by state parks. Michael Gross was on the radio today and said the 5 MPH speed limit was put into place because of several near misses last year that included the life flight incident I spoke of. What he failed to speak of in his phone interview was that alcohol was involved in that incident as well as most of the "near misses". I really could care less about the wakeboarders and what they do, but when their reckless disregard for the safety of others has play in a decision that effects so much beyond just the guys fishing the lake, that is where they become MAGGOTS to me.

As for you Tin Can, this is not an LL issue and until YOU brought it up, was never mentioned. I have no personal beef with Mike, we share a difference of opinion and he has stated that he thinks I am a loser. As far as I am concerned this posts has been beaten into something uglier than intended and like G, I am surprised it has lasted this long.

Scott

P.S. Why are you guys from that area of California so sensitive??? Is it the close proximity to San Francisco???
Skunkedagain

Post by Skunkedagain »

So anyone have any tips on fishing? :shock:

I ask a fishing related question on this forum, I get like 2 replies, this, has 61 posts.
-Adam Paseman
Brian

Post by Brian »

Skunkedagain wrote:So anyone have any tips on fishing? :shock:

I ask a fishing related question on this forum, I get like 2 replies, this, has 61 posts.

Yea, when your out FISHING, watch out for the Lake Lice and Lake Maggots. :wink:
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
BMX Bassin

Post by BMX Bassin »

These quotes are the reason I called scott a loser, even after he has gone back and edited his posts several times. I dont have anything against scott but hopefully he realizes what comes out of his mouth. Not what you expect from a tournament director!!!!!!!

Their parents must be so proud and as you can see...alcohol is not allowed inside the state park and at last check the water was still INSIDE the state park.

Punks, every last one of them!!!!

Scott

Come on now spit it out, what is really on your mind from over in the land of liberalism. Oh yeah, ya'll think we should lay back and take it like you do in Petaluma.
Scott
.about what I expected from someone of your limited intelligence. No wonder WesternBass has become so "dumbed" down over the years. Look at the time, hop on your BMX and go deliver pizzas now, go on good boy.

Scott
The problem is Blue that they do and the ranger look the other way. It is too much of a hassle to make the bust and cite or god forbid make the arrest and drive them all the way to the Placer County Jail to be booked. Oh no, they may not make it home for dinner on time.

Scott
"apparently you can't be a liberal and responsible at the same time. Who knew? "

Yes you can be, there seems to be a lack of common sense and a sense of personal resposibility on the left.

Scott

Sorry Scott but you got the alcohol law all wrong at Folsom. This is from the Folsom Lake Marina webpage and outlines the policy as it is enforced at Folsom Lake State Park.........
Thank god, I've been posting all day to bait you out in the open because you have more on top of this than any one us.

Wrong again ...old "Al" there has logged more posts than what it says. He ran into some trouble when little ladies like yourself got all butthurt over his true-to-the-core posts.

I don't get butthurt and don't care if I offend anyone anymore because I don't have to care.

but you have to understand that there are some of us that look for this kind of opportunity to "play". While you might not be butthurt now....you'll eventually come away feeling like you were gang raped.

Tin can is just another example of a person without a clue to the point of the thread to begin with

Dude does have a big head. He may give potato head a run for his money!!!

Scott

P.S. Why are you guys from that area of California so sensitive??? Is it the close proximity to San Francisco???

Iafrate jumps in and says
dipsh1t...................I said NO HANDLEBARS.......Moron.

NEXT..................................................................................
biteme

Post by biteme »

SO hows the fishin out on Folsom??? Might be going tomorrow afternoon.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Skunkedagain wrote:So anyone have any tips on fishing? :shock:

LOL Aint it so...
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
survivor

Post by survivor »

:D :D HEY HEY HEY, It's all a mote point guys, the 5mph starts tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey can't we all just be fisher friends? Lice no mas! Now let's go to Folsom and jam around at 5, MPH that is. Just my 2 cents.
Paul aka survivor :D
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

take it to pm - not fishing related

http://westernbass.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=180&f=2
3. If you have issues about organizations, companies, lake management, DFG(!), etc. don't hesitate to start up a serious discussion about it. However please only write posts that relate directly to fishing issues.
BUT, if you have to make any derogatory comments about each other THIS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Keep that at a personal level via your e-mail or telephone. We will edit the threads, if necessary, that we feel are not to the best interest of your fellow fisherperson.
"I'll just drop it on their head, and then rip their lips off with a TV hookset..." <i>unnamed angler when discussing how he fishes a jig</i>
Scott Shambre

Post by Scott Shambre »

[quote="BMX Bassin"]These quotes are the reason I called scott a loser, even after he has gone back and edited his posts several times. I dont have anything against scott but hopefully he realizes what comes out of his mouth. Not what you expect from a tournament director!!!!!!!

You are behind the times Mike, I no longer direct anything, it is all a thing of the past.
Scott Shambre

Post by Scott Shambre »

biteme wrote:SO hows the fishin out on Folsom??? Might be going tomorrow afternoon.

Good topwater throughout the day and a very good dropshot bite on the deeper rockpiles of the mainbody. Spooks, Vixens and Ricos work well on top and dropshotted Robos in Oxblood, Morning Dawn or Prism Craw. Hope this helps you.

Scott
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

So Scott, have you heard of MonaVie? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (just thought I would help...)

James
Scott Shambre

Post by Scott Shambre »

JamesH wrote:So Scott, have you heard of MonaVie? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (just thought I would help...)

James

James, that is a very quick way to get this thread nuked....where's Gator at????
g-man

Post by g-man »

BMX, look at the first two posts in this thread. Scott stated that he was upset with the "lake lice" not you. And you came out swinging at him. Your reason for slamming Scott's post? Almost all those came after you slammed him first. I'm just stating what I read, and it seems you have a bone to pick.

Is it cause you wakeboard? This is a bass fishing web site, what would you expect? Again I have no hate towards wake boarders, we share water cause we can. I have problems with any type of jackass that does not use his head on the water. Whats your agenda here?
100% LL
g-man

Post by g-man »

JamesH wrote:So Scott, have you heard of MonaVie? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (just thought I would help...)

James
can't breathe LMFAO! Give me a sip I'm choking! haha NOT! :shock: haha! :wink:
100% LL
Scott Shambre

Post by Scott Shambre »

g-man wrote:

James
can't breathe LMFAO! Give me a sip I'm choking! haha NOT! :shock: haha! :wink:

Someone call Rodg....G-Man needs CPR
BMX Bassin

Re: Here is the reason for 5 MPH at Folsom*NM*

Post by BMX Bassin »

*NM*
Last edited by BMX Bassin on Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Shambre

Post by Scott Shambre »

:roll:
g-man

Post by g-man »

Ok my bad, a recreational boater. Please refer to my other fun thread! 8)

Unless it gets deleted! :shock:
100% LL
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

I was going to remain silent, but ...

I wish this much effort could be put forward to challenge this ridiculous ruling on our behalf by a few power junkies that work for the state. These are the kind of issues where we should band together, instead of all this counter productive wasted energy on attacking each other. This a bass fishing website, and that is the one thing we all share, no matter our politics or favorite beverage.

I disagree with those that want to just lay down and take it(DRY!). This country was started by putting up a good fight. Many of you have shown in this thread alone you got a good fight in you, so if you care a little about your fellow bass anglers that are being subject to this crap, let's show a little support. Let's try and come up with a way challenge this ruling.

It's going to take money, or a good lawyer that has some extra time on his hands. I can't believe there isn't a lawyer on this board somewhere that could start the ball rolling, or is really not worth it? Maybe when this kind of nonsense is state wide, enough of us will be moved enough?

Just a thought.
Last edited by MIKE TREMONT on Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CN

Post by CN »

Well let's see we had another below average year in rainfall and the snow pack this year appeared to be more than we really received.

Alot of Lake's look BAD this year.San Luis look's sick even with the normal draw down.

Nacimiento is bad to but that's Construction on the Dam. San Antonio is dropping and it was good all year as far as water level.

McLure is way low from what my freind say's.All the Sierra Lake's are low to.

Were all suffering

Mike Nance

PS:Post something Fishing related now and then.The Striper bite is wide open at San Antonio right now.It's a bait bite with Anchovie's.Dull but very productive and a good meal.
basstamer

Hilarious James!!!!*NM*

Post by basstamer »

*NM*
biteme

Re: Hilarious James!!!!*NM*

Post by biteme »

Only if we could have someone working at the booth when you drive in. Then the person from state parks could have you sign a waiver stating that if you hit something its your (the boaters) fault. Seems pretty basic to me. But then again parks and rec dont have the man power to do this.
Being that we only will have one ramp open this would be easy.
bluefisher

Post by bluefisher »

great bite, white on white blades
Slippy

Post by Slippy »

Tin Can wrote:

why did you have to go there Joe.... thats not right
LL
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Yeah, you're right Slippy. That was not cool.
Scott Shambre

Post by Scott Shambre »

Tin Can wrote:Yeah, you're right Slippy. That was not cool.

CN

Post by CN »

Scott judging from your Avatar you should take up fishing the Salt.

I do both and the big pond is way more fun, well except the ocassional rough day and a puckered Butt ride in. :shock:

Also it wont dry up :lol: and no Museel problem.
Guy Kelley

Post by Guy Kelley »

When I was about 15, I went to a summer school at lake Tahoe.

One time while fishing in a 12 ft alum boat , trolling across the lake, I look up and here comes a ski boat full of kids and skiers headed directly for me, they hit me on the outboard,knocking it into the water and flipping me out of the boat. all while they were going WOT. The driver had a beer in his hand and the boat was over loaded with kids full of beer & pot. My boat sank in about 100 feet of water along with my gear. The only thing I had to hang on to was my float pad.

Did they stop too help me !? NO. they left me there. floating, they took a couple of circles around me, yelling at me to see if I was OK. and took off like scared rabbits.

Lucky for me there was a family who saw the whole thing and came to my rescue in there boat. I was banged and bruised pretty good, but just as easily been killed.

They were never caught and its a distant memory now !!

But as it was then and as it is now. Alcohol, and safe boating do not mix period.

If ya want to wipe out your friends when you are drinking and boating or driving that is OK with me. but when most times its not your friends but some poor schmuck and his family just minding their business having a pleasant day on the water. That's when it becomes my business, and I will use all means to stop you !! Even if it means getting into your face. I have been know to call in CF numbers into the local sheriff.

No one says don't have fun, but at whose expense are you having it ?

Think about it !!!!!
BassinDan

Post by BassinDan »

someone needs a cookie!!
BassinDan

Post by BassinDan »

hijack========If you don't watch another video this year, watch this one!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UOpcPfAarjY
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

Common sense is not practical, it gets us nowhere.

We would rather debate righty/lefty or tighty whiteys/commando. That's what's important around here.
I had to come back...I know...
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Scott Shambre wrote:
Tin Can wrote:Yeah, you're right Slippy. That was not cool.

What's the problem scott? Not all of those guys are like that and it wasn't fair of me to make a blanket statement.
Scott Shambre

Post by Scott Shambre »

You're 100% right, none of LL's are like that....
sTony

Post by sTony »

Are there any moderators on this forum anymore?

sTony
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

sTony wrote:Are there any moderators on this forum anymore?

sTony

hey tony let me know if you need some help..... I am available to be an admin..... :wink:
biteme

Post by biteme »

Was out last night on Folsom. All guys fishing were doing atleast 15 to 20mph. News flash, if your on plane your doing more then 5mph lol
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

sTony
if there are they are asleep at the wheel - please nuke in 3... 2...
"I'll just drop it on their head, and then rip their lips off with a TV hookset..." <i>unnamed angler when discussing how he fishes a jig</i>
Iafrate94505

Post by Iafrate94505 »

sTony
I recall you wanting to shoot the mods a while back.....

Im into that.... :twisted:

as far as Riding my BMX with no Handlebars.....thats just what I do.....
Scott Shambre

Post by Scott Shambre »

biteme wrote:Was out last night on Folsom. All guys fishing were doing atleast 15 to 20mph. News flash, if your on plane your doing more then 5mph lol

That will be the norm until the speed limit is lifted. No enforcement means no compliance.
Kevin Stewart

Post by Kevin Stewart »

RipnRog wrote:

sTony

hey tony let me know if you need some help..... I am available to be an admin..... :wink:

Are you kiddin' me Rodger????? You can't handle power!!!!!!!!!!!