WHO MAKES THE BEST CUSTOM RODS

GEORGE D.

WHO MAKES THE BEST CUSTOM RODS

Post by GEORGE D. »

LOOKING TO GET ONE NEVER HAD ONE SO IM LOOKING TO DO IT I GOT A CARD WITH A PERSON THAT DOES IT THE NAME ON THE CARD IS PHYSH STIX ANYONE EVER GOT ONE FROM HIM JUST WONDERING THANKS GEORGE
DeltaDan

Re: WHO MAKES THE BEST CUSTOM RODS

Post by DeltaDan »

Depends on what you want for your application .... and have the builder talk/talor it to you and what you wish/want for in a rod.

DeltaLuke recently bought one if Beach's Custom Hand Built To Your Spec's ~ rods ... and for a 4 power Jig rod (that is way more better that the 5 power series rods that I fish with (Powell) in kick point and back bone) -- with Titanium guides that are indestructable ... It is Freakin' Awesome !!

And the Warrenty --- You will be hard pressed to get better service than from a big name maker..... For about the same price under owners default.

~~> http://www.stevescustomrods.net/
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
LimitedOut

Post by LimitedOut »

Mark Higashi at Performance Tackle builds the sickest series of rods from dropshot to swimbaits that I've had the pleasure to fish. I plan on rebuilding my whole lineup with them.
rxfish

Post by rxfish »

Another rod builder is Raptor Rod Works in Chico, Ca. 530-894-2062. Besides bass rods he builds rods for Salmon, Sturgeon and what have you. Also repairs rods. The attention to detail is second to none.
Fast 492

Post by Fast 492 »

George Roth of George's custom rods in Idaho builds an incredible rod. He uses what ever you want material wise, from specific blanks to titanium guides and uses the Forhan locking wrap on all single foot guides to ensure they never get pulled off while removing from your rod lockers. He also has a great selection of used rods for sale....Jason

http://www.georgescustomrods.com/
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

I would more than second, Steve Biechman's rods. He will work with you and you will have one of the best custom rods you can locate anywhere. Give him and call and talk with him. 530-604-527 or go to Steve@stevescustomrods.com Bill K :)
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
NoCAL

Post by NoCAL »

I'll add my vote in for Steve Biechman. He built a rod for my wife that is perfectly matched to her size and strength. He even wrapped it in pink just for her. I'm saving my pennies to get one for myself........or two, or three!

NoCAL
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Ditto, Ditto, ditto

You will not go wrong with one of Steve's custom rods..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
Murph

Post by Murph »

Rex Sackett of Nampa, Idaho, would have to make this list, check it out at tompryorrods.com Tom and Rex are currently perfecting a whole new line of Bass Fishing Rods.
It might be lonely at the Top, but it's a bitch, at the Bottom !
bpm2000

Post by bpm2000 »

Just got one from Rob @ Gorgerods here in WA - I had a 2pc swimbait stick made up - its pretty sweet.

http://gorgerods.com/
philip garcia

Post by philip garcia »

My vote is for steve biechman. He will make it exactly the way you want.He has made me 6 rods and getting ready to make 4 more. I have had him do alot of unique things for me and he has come threw every time.
BigBoy

Post by BigBoy »

+1

George makes good rods to your specifications.
lunker punker

Post by lunker punker »

Lots of great custom guys out there but David Conway surpasses all for swimbait rods that are custom made. I have 5 that i paid for (not sponsored) and they are the sweetest lightest beefiest most balanced rods I have ever used. If you wanna get truly insane hunt down the megabass rods from Japan.
Big baits,big fish,big smiles!!!!!
Fishn Fighter

Post by Fishn Fighter »

i use my Airrus rod for LP's... it seems to do the job but I think it is a little too fast at the tip...... so LP call this David guy?...
Alex M.

Post by Alex M. »

I 2nd that Performance Tackle has THE BEST custom rods you will find. Call Mark Higashi and tell him exactly what you want and he will build it EXACTLY to your specifications. These are not IMX or GLX blanks. These are custom blanks that Mark has made for him. Unbelievably light and durable. Get em while the wait is still decent because alot of people are finding out about them, and this company is getting alot of recognition. Brett Hite won won the FLW Toho and Delta tournaments on these rods. They feel amazing in your hand. I have a custom drop shot and jig stick from them. I'll definitely be ordering more. Make sure you ask for the downwrapped(spiral) guides on your baitcasting rods too. here's a link to their website(although its not "live" yet), so you can check out some of the rods and it has their contact info as well.

http://alpha.performancetackle.com/cust ... od-p1.html

Call them...you wont regret it!
Nlvbassin

Post by Nlvbassin »

George Roth +2

I have custom rods from 3 rod makers and Georges' quality is unsurpassed. And his knowledge is endless.
http://www.georgescustomrods.com/
Take a kid fishing, See what happens!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SM4bcNcnqg
http://randallsartandframe.com/
BassManDan

Post by BassManDan »

George,
YOU build the best custom rods! There aren't too many things better than catching a fish on a rod you built with your own hands!

I've built 5 rods (and a 6th is in the works).

By now means to take away from the established builders (since they are surely better builders than me!) but there is really nothing to building a rod. A few simple tools to get and small pieces of equipment to build and you are ready to build yourself. For all of my rods I hand wrap (no powered tools with the exception of a drying motor for the finish coat) and I can still build a rod in less than three man hours (excluding dryingtime for epoxy and flex-coat), total time, I can start a rod on Friday and be fishing it Sunday. It's only a daunting task when you THINK about it, not when you actually BUILD it.

If you are so inclined, by all means shoot me a pm, I'd be glad to help out.

BassManDan
Elken

Post by Elken »

Another vote for George Roth of George's Custom Rods; he builds a very nice rod and is great to work with.

:)