how R those new Shimano Citicas

aNNieNsaLTIE

how R those new Shimano Citicas

Post by aNNieNsaLTIE »

119.00 bucks...do they fill the shoes of the old green curados? I've been selling all my old stuff to upgrade and can't help to wonder it the New Citicas will be able to stand it's ground on the deck.

All info and opinions appreciated.

Steven
Dan McKenzie

Re: how R those new Shimano Citicas

Post by Dan McKenzie »

I have two and they are o.k., they certainly don't hold a candle to the old green curado, a bit bulky and heavy if your considering the standard size. For my money unless there is a major redesign on the reel there are other reels worth considering, pflueger, daiwa, abu and quantum in that price range.
aNNieNsaLTIE

Post by aNNieNsaLTIE »

thanks dan, i'll save my pennies up then.
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

aNNieNsaLTIE wrote:119.00 bucks...do they fill the shoes of the old green curados? I've been selling all my old stuff to upgrade and can't help to wonder it the New Citicas will be able to stand it's ground on the deck.

All info and opinions appreciated.

Steven

I agree with Dan, I found the Revo S on ebay for 89.99 shipped to my front door no tax......and they are new reels not anything else..... the thing I love about the revo is that it fits in my hand better than any of the other reels I have ever held...... it has 9 bearings and casts a country mile...... smooth as silk...... and no I am not sponsored by them....... just know a superior product when I see one.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Are the new Citca E's even out on the market yet? I have the Citica D and it is a bit heavy but the new ones are suppose to be smaller and lighter.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

The new E series is shipping first fo the month or so, and yes, they are worth waiting for. If you want a reel that even comes close to the old green Curado, Citica E is by far the best value, and best backed reel out there! I've seen these things inside out, and component wise this reel should be closer to $200 than $100.
The re-design is amazing to say the least, and no they did'nt just copy another reel mfg's product. Shimano was the first company to develop oversized gearing, and recessed footing reels.
Some just weren't offered to the U.S. market. So, if you want a reel
that will perform and be backed up by it's mgf, as your lil' green reels have, why would you change mfg? Time tested, and time proven equals the most value for your dollar regardless if it's a boat, motor, or fishing reel! Hope this helps!

DanIsaac
www.reel-ex.com
Last edited by DanIsaac on Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sacto John

Post by Sacto John »

I have a Citica D and I love it. It is a little bigger and hevier than the Green Curado but it is a bulletproof reel. I can't wait for the Citica E to come out. It is going to lighter than the Revo S, SX and STX, and have Shimano's VBS which is what I think makes them better than the Revos. I will be replacing the one Revo I bought with a Citica E
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

Sacto John wrote:I have a Citica D and I love it. It is a little bigger and hevier than the Green Curado but it is a bulletproof reel. I can't wait for the Citica E to come out. It is going to lighter than the Revo S, SX and STX, and have Shimano's VBS which is what I think makes them better than the Revos. I will be replacing the one Revo I bought with a Citica E

is your revo a lefty? what model? how much?
aNNieNsaLTIE

Post by aNNieNsaLTIE »

The only reason why i ask, i was shopping around and remembered i seen these reels at ICAST. The new citicas E looks nice, smaller size than the D series. Even the new curado is smaller. But for 119.00 the new citica E looks like a steal.

I have tried to venture away from shimano, i tried. but i can not do it. 5 bought a diawa Sol, returned it after it's first fishing trip. Shimano reels can take the torture.

spinning reels , that's another story..

Steven
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

aNNieNsaLTIE wrote:

Steven
I agree completely Diawa spinning reels are where its AT!
Links to Check Out -
Sacto John

Post by Sacto John »

ash wrote:
aNNieNsaLTIE wrote:

Steven
What are spinning reels? :twisted:
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Sacto John wrote:
ash wrote:
aNNieNsaLTIE wrote:

Steven
What are spinning reels? :twisted:
This coming from a guy who showed me how to Drop Shot the Delta....HUSH - spinning reels are what big men use to show their sensative side :oops:
Links to Check Out -
Ed Clarke

Post by Ed Clarke »

Shimano re-tooled the Currado and it will be available later this year. I have been told that they are going to be made in Japan again, and they are going back to what worked with the old ones even color. I am going to a special buying event for these and will let you know how they are.

Ed
Leroy_B

Post by Leroy_B »

Tackle warehouse has a few righties left in stock at 89 bux each.
I have 5 new citicas and one new curado, i like the citicas better.
I think my curado has a bearing problem as it is not as smooth as the citicas. May send it in for repair..........have not tried the revo.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpage ... -SCIT.html

Leroy
aNNieNsaLTIE

Post by aNNieNsaLTIE »

I got a good number of diawa spinning reels and they perform great.

anothe thing i want to do is have more versitile rods vrs specific rods. I think I got enough for two boats with 4 anglers!

To much.
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

Leroy_B wrote:Tackle warehouse has a few righties left in stock at 89 bux each.
I have 5 new citicas and one new curado, i like the citicas better.
I think my curado has a bearing problem as it is not as smooth as the citicas. May send it in for repair..........have not tried the revo.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpage ... -SCIT.html

Leroy

next time you in a tackle shop pull a revo out of the counter and check it out..... they are great......
dockboy

Post by dockboy »

I have seen them online but have not held one or tested it out yet. What I like is the fact Shimano made it and the new Curado both with the old 100 series size frame with a 200 size capacity. That was one of the turn offs for me with the D series. Great reels, but the Daiwa Advantage and Revos had smaller frame sizes, which is why I went with an Advantage instead a 200 Citica (the 100 didn't have the line capacity I wanted). I have had time to check out the the Revos and like them very much, though I am currently not in need of another reel. I work for Sport Chalet and we recently recieved the $200 series of the Revos (its the SX if a remember right but I'm not sure). Very smooth, very ligthweight and easily palmable. And the drag was just as smooth and durable as what I've heard of the series. (Yes, I know....its pathetic we just recieved them but I really didn't expect them to arrive anytime this year :shock:
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

dockboy wrote: (Yes, I know....its pathetic we just recieved them but I really didn't expect them to arrive anytime this year :shock:

"World ends at ten. Film at eleven." :lol:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY