Check out the 70 lb. striper

coyotebait

Check out the 70 lb. striper

Post by coyotebait »

We had a 70.06 lb. striper brought in from San luis O'niel forebay yesterday 08/06! Frank Ualat caught this beast during the early mornning using a pile worm. http://www.coyotebait.com
Tin Can

Re: Check out the 70 lb. striper

Post by Tin Can »

Didn't the record landlocked striper come from the forebay? Something over 80lbs. That 70 pounder is a giant.
programgeeks

Post by programgeeks »

Wow, that thing is a monster! Kind of sad to see such a big girl die but nice catch nonetheless.
Sacto John

Post by Sacto John »

TTCal

Post by TTCal »

WOW!!! what a catch!!! :shock:

congrats to Frank Ualat!!!
Dennis "Cal" Shew
Enthusiast Tackle Editor
Tackle Tour : The Angler's source for tackle news and reviews
www.tackletour.com

[i]fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside[/i]
Samurai TI

Duh...the CA record is 67lbs

Post by Samurai TI »

I hope you guys knew this...doesn't sound like everything was done right and I'm guessing this will not count as the CA record. I heard the fish was already chopped up.

If you work in a shop where potential record fish could be caught...know what the records are!!!

Sorry, just feel sad this guy will not get the proper credit he deserves for catching a MONSTER!

Todd
coyotebait

Re: Duh...the CA record is 67lbs

Post by coyotebait »

Before everyone starts criticizing our store, please be INFORMED that we do not have a certified scale that goes that high. We pleaded with the gentaleman to go to a location were we knew he could get it certified, and he did not want to. Why? I don't know. I know it won't be considered a record, that's not our fault. Just wanted to share the picture we anglers who would appreciate it.
Grape Ape

Re: Duh...the CA record is 67lbs*NM*

Post by Grape Ape »

Mark....DFG states the record belongs to Hank Ferguson @ 67 lbs. 8 oz. Not sure were you got that info? Or maybe DFG hasn't been updated in a few years.
Harry Markarian

Markarian Investigations @ (209) 777-9696
USAF (Retired)
Merced PD (Retired)
C & C Marine
mm

Re: Duh...the CA record is 67lbs*NM*

Post by mm »

MARK INMAN wrote:The current record striper reside in kerman ca now bill fernish jr. has it tuck away in a big case and he looking for a tackle store to hang it in. It was in grassland sports store a few years ago before it closed.
Mark, Grape Ape is right, Hank Ferguson`s fish broke Mr. Fernish`s record many years ago. I watched him catch it out of the forebay.
This recent giant doesn`t seem to look as large as the other two, but it may just be the photo.
Iafrate94505

Post by Iafrate94505 »

coyotebait wrote:Before everyone starts criticizing our store, please be INFORMED that we do not have a certified scale that goes that high. We pleaded with the gentaleman to go to a location were we knew he could get it certified, and he did not want to. Why? I don't know. I know it won't be considered a record, that's not our fault. Just wanted to share the picture we anglers who would appreciate it.

i bet it was yummy with garlic n butter
DAN

Post by DAN »

Thats bout 500 Taco's A beautiful Striper, The guy obviously didn't want the attention for some reason, so be it
Dan Mathisen
dan_mathisen@att.net
209-612-5028

Ben Green Insurance
FATGUY

Post by FATGUY »

todd looks like he got all the credit he wanted ?? if thats the correct weight it sure would have been a record but evidently he didn't care about a record ???? go figure !!! bob
Paul W

Re: Shoulda released it

Post by Paul W »

What a shame he had to kill such an enormous and rare Striper. Funny how guys condemn others on here who kill a 5lb Largemouth, but not a 70lb Striper. Oh well :?

Paul W
DAN

Re: maybe

Post by DAN »

But does it really matter, 70 pounds Land locked surely on they downhill life cycle, can't do much for the overall picture of things...
Dan Mathisen
dan_mathisen@att.net
209-612-5028

Ben Green Insurance
Dan McKenzie

Re: maybe

Post by Dan McKenzie »

kind of what I was thinking, and since it was from the forebay not much chance it was reproducing either. its a striped bass, not a native trout. I think all the record stripers I have heard of were kept and not released. nice fish, if I get one that size it's going on the wall.