Spray on sun block?

g-man

Spray on sun block?

Post by g-man »

whats the best brand to get? I got fried on the Delta yesterday, and I need to get something that works!
100% LL
ash
SpeedBump

Re: Spray on sun block?

Post by ash »

I used Copper Tone SPf 40 and I wear a long sleeve spf 30 cotton shirt.

The only thing with the spray on (in the can) stuff is that overspray bakes onto the boat paint and is a pain to get off.

I went back to the rub on stuff after painstakingly detailing my boat from that shizz. Then I just wipe my hands with handy wipes and I am good to go.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
biteme

Post by biteme »

Ill have to check the one I have so you DONT buy it. Stuff sux! Makes it worse!
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

G-man,

I use Coppertone Sport 30 in a spray bottle and then wash my handds off with Smell Repel. That stuff is awesome you can put alll the smelly jelly you want on your hands and the smell repel wipes away the scent. It works for me!!

Mark
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Sucks why wipe your hands off, smelly jelly adds extra flavor to those tuna sandwich's.. :wink: Bill K :) As for sunscreen, any good over 30 will work, as long as you use it.
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
Guy Kelley

Post by Guy Kelley »

[quote="g-man"]whats the best brand to get? I got fried on the Delta yesterday, and I need to get something that works![/quote]

Deep Fried Tacos :P

Banana Boat, dose it , in a tube, have to rub it on but at about a 50 it works very well. MY sons wife who will burn by just looking at the sun, swears buy it! :wink:

Yeah, I know its a banana thing, but i dont think it matters, unless you might be a little over the top on the banana thingy :shock: :lol:
Sacto John

Post by Sacto John »

I use the Coppertone Sport SPF 50 in the spray. I apply in the morning before I leave the house and am fine for the whole day. I keep a tube of the rub-on stuff in my boat in case I need to re-apply during the day, but I never have needed it.
sam james

Post by sam james »

g-man, i could get burned walking past a window too slow. Very pasty white. I too have been burned way too many times out there. since I started using coppertone sport spray 70 spf I have not been burned once. One thing i would recomend to do is reapply at least once or twice during the day. I also wear the rick clunn hat and long sleeves. Hope this helps.
parker

Post by parker »

i have found that the bullfrog spray has the least amount of scent and the scent goes away faster than other sprays i have used
Parker
g-man

Post by g-man »

thanks for the info, I'll try a few out....
100% LL
J.B.

Post by J.B. »

I like the Bullfrog spray with skeeter repelent, it works great. Just spray it on at the docks because it will cake on your boat and carpet. Then just wash your hands in the water.
bassindon69

Post by bassindon69 »

Get a better big rim hat G. That will help some too. :wink:

Don.
Go Big or Go Home!
http://calfishing.com/gallery/v/members/bassindon69/basspics/
Mark Pollard

Post by Mark Pollard »

Go night fish'n with Cooch. :lol:
Mark Pollard
Coldwell Banker Vinson Chase
www.Teampollard.net For Central Valley Real Estate...
www.gfmarine.com for Nitro, and Skeeter Bass Boats...
www.savephace.com
www.teampollardfishing.com
Jason Milligan

Post by Jason Milligan »

If you want the best get the Neutrogena SPF 70 spray on. Stuff is expensive but worth every penny. Does not make you feel greasy and no need to rub in or wash hands.
blkdog812
Location: "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be

Post by blkdog812 »

get the banana boat spray on. this stufff works great. just dont miss a spot and keep it out of ur eyes. if you dont want spray get their 50spf in ther black white tube. that is the best ive found
bass smacker

Post by bass smacker »

Sacto John wrote:I use the Coppertone Sport SPF 50 in the spray. I apply in the morning before I leave the house and am fine for the whole day. I keep a tube of the rub-on stuff in my boat in case I need to re-apply during the day, but I never have needed it.
X2
bass smacker

Post by bass smacker »

Sacto John wrote:I use the Coppertone Sport SPF 50 in the spray. I apply in the morning before I leave the house and am fine for the whole day. I keep a tube of the rub-on stuff in my boat in case I need to re-apply during the day, but I never have needed it.
X2
big_limits

Post by big_limits »

The same company that makes rejuvenade makes a great sunscreen. It is fragrance free and PABA free, a must for someone superstitious like myself.
http://www.bassmedics.com/anglershield/index.htm
http://www.landbigfish.com/tacklestore/ ... m?PID=2761
Brian

Post by Brian »

g-man wrote:whats the best brand to get? I got fried on the Delta yesterday, and I need to get something that works!

How did YOU get sunburned??????? Are you kidding me? I never use sunblock and I dont burn. I think you have NOT been telling us the truth. :evil:

Try Johnsons Baby Oil next time. :twisted:
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
g-man

Post by g-man »

Brian wrote:
g-man wrote:whats the best brand to get? I got fried on the Delta yesterday, and I need to get something that works!

How did YOU get sunburned??????? Are you kidding me? I never use sunblock and I dont burn. I think you have NOT been telling us the truth. :evil:

Try Johnsons Baby Oil next time. :twisted:
this coming from a guy with a perm set of sunglasses on his face! :shock: haha. Johnsons baby oil?
100% LL
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

g-man wrote: this coming from a guy with a perm set of sunglasses on his face! :shock: haha.

.....This comming from someone that knows that knows the picking seasons by the moon chart on a tide book. :lol:
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
plungers

Post by plungers »

I seconed Guy Kelly on the " Ba@#%#boat " stuff. I like the KIDS tear free, When you sweat or rub your eyes it dosen't burn.
Jim Moulton
Scott L

Post by Scott L »

I second the Neutrogena line. Being bald and not always able to wear a hat in the sun I need to wear a good sunblock that is not greasy. Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock 55 is non-greasy and doesn't give me the shiny dome that others do. It has helioplex in it which protects against uva and uvb rays. Consumer reports had reviews on the sunblocks about a year ago and gave very high marks to the helioplex, but I believe only Neutrogena and some obscure French brand had it. I only use the stuff on my head, face and back of the neck sometimes.

Sunday I had to play tourist, and spent several hours walking from Pier 1 to Pier 39 w/out a hat on a very sunny day in SF. No hat and no burn.

During the summer Costco carries the stuff in a two pack and they also have the neutrogena spray which I picked up a month ago, but haven't tried yet.

Only time I get burned is when I don't use it. I apply it before I leave the house and don't worry about. If you sweat and wipe with a towel I would reapply. Otherwise, it is very sweat/water resistant.

Scott
adamsj13

Post by adamsj13 »

Jason Milligan wrote:If you want the best get the Neutrogena SPF 70 spray on. Stuff is expensive but worth every penny. Does not make you feel greasy and no need to rub in or wash hands.
I agree. Blocks very well
g-man

Post by g-man »

Jason Milligan wrote:If you want the best get the Neutrogena SPF 70 spray on. Stuff is expensive but worth every penny. Does not make you feel greasy and no need to rub in or wash hands.
how much does it cost, and where do I get it?
100% LL