Clear Lake in a nut shell - Fantastic!!!

Ron C

Clear Lake in a nut shell - Fantastic!!!

Post by Ron C »

I just spent 4 days of "Fun Fishing" at Clear Lake and in my 30+ years of bass fishing, I have never seen the fishing this good up there. On my worst day (Saturday) I had 32 keepers and on my best day (Thursday) I had 53 keepers. Each day I had a limit within 15-20 minutes. Most of the fish that I caught were in the 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pound range but I did manage to get a couple of 6 pounders and about a half dozen 5 pounders.

These bass have razor sharp teeth (a clue) and go absolutely berserk when you stick your thumb in their mouth (Both of my thumbs are raw!).

You guys heading up there for the AC Championships or the BASSMASTER Western Open are in for a GREAT time!

I only wish that I didn't live 7 1/2 hours away!
Ken C.

Hey Ron, Wasn't that just too cool???

Post by Ken C. »

Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet and talk to you - I think I went by you once from the description I got from the San Diego boys (Hey guys, hope you made it home OK!). We had a blast up there Thursday afternoon, Friday and Sat morning. I lost count of how many fish we caught total, but my son Jason and I boated at least 30 frog fish Friday night Saturday morning - the smallest was 2 lbs-3oz. Most over 3 and a couple over 4! We lost probably 10 more between us, a couple of them well over 5 lbs. Friday morning I had a fish that cartwheeled on me and eventually broke me off on the lava rocks that had to be 8 lbs. I battled her for 5 minutes on 6lb test line. There was no way I could turn her when she wanted to go :lol: I had at least a 10 jump on my dropshot worm right at the boat as I was lifting the rig out of the water :shock: ! I landed my new personal best at 6lbs -5 oz, again on 6lb test line. He had me wrapped around an old concrete post and thought for sure he was gone but I was able to swing my boat around enough to force him back around. A group of people in a "spectator boat" gave me a round of applause when I finally had it in hand 8)

I'm tellin' ya - the drive is more than worth it :wink:
[i][b]To the world, you might be just one person. But to one person, you just might be the world...[/b][/i]
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/shred1080/misc/Disclaimer.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Kadota.jpg[/img]
MN

YOU GUY'S ARE KILLIN ME

Post by MN »

With these clear lake report's.Hey ken what the heck is that boat your in look's kinda like my old 78 eldocraftl,lol.
Ken C.

Well that there boat is...

Post by Ken C. »

my 12 foot "Broyhill" that I recently picked up from a fella that was recommended to me - a character that goes by the name of Hub Spinner.
He was a real nice fella, but kinda hard to understand :mrgreen: . He told me how he had won several tournaments outa this rig and the only reason he was selling it was 'cuz he was upgrading to a 8-place/16 footer :lol:! Only thing was he insisted on showing me the boat in the parking lot of the Dew Drop Inn off Hwy 99 in Livingston. Ain't no water near by, so I couldn't give it a wet run and I didn't realize there ain't no livewell or rod locker :shock:. So, I'm lookin' to upgrade - if you know anyone looking for a great starter rig, just let me know! :wink:
[i][b]To the world, you might be just one person. But to one person, you just might be the world...[/b][/i]
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/shred1080/misc/Disclaimer.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Kadota.jpg[/img]
Hub Spinner

Hey Kuz'n Ken...

Post by Hub Spinner »

Yz uz b tawk'n dat smak agin :?: Dat dare iz da bote made for champeens. If'n uze kant b ketchin' em uz bes b lurnin' howz ta fish :!:

Here Iz wuz guna offerz ta sellz uz me tow rig...
but nowz I b thunk'n Iz ain't sellzin ya nuttin' if'n all uz iz guna du iz tawk smak 'bout thangz :evil:
Lurking ;)
Ray L.

I want to know the contents of the truck

Post by Ray L. »

If you tell me what is in the back of the truck I might be able to find a buyer for all of it the you would get better gas mileage going up and down the state as much as you do....
Ray L.
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com
orange county circuit breakers

Five alive is good for me
Hub Spinner

Hey Dar Mistah Ray...

Post by Hub Spinner »

Iz gutz a lidle o dis an a lidle o dat bak dar...

Wut ya tinks ya kin gitz me fer such a fine rig dar Mistah Ray.

I wuz a hopin' ta trade up ta wun o dem fancy Averlinches or sumtin likes dat.
Lurking ;)
Ray L.

welllllll

Post by Ray L. »

I think I could get you at least 2 bits .......maybe 4 bits for the hole lot.
Is that enough for a down on the truck?
Ray L.
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com
orange county circuit breakers

Five alive is good for me
Ken C.

Now u justaminit mista Spinna...

Post by Ken C. »

I didunt sed it wuz a nogud bote, i juz sed it aynt gots nun lyvweyl or wundem rodloker tangs! Wuns eye tooked oft dem NEVURSTART stikas yoo puted on der den it beez a nys bote now :lol: :!: Butthay eyz gotsme a eydee :idea: howbowt yoo trades me yo toe veehikl der fer mye bote :?: Den eyz wood havme a nyc truk n den piks up sumdem fyn lukin wimin jes lyk yoo :wink:
Ken C.

Re: Clear Lake in a nut shell - Fantastic!!!

Post by Ken C. »

Wayl mista spinna eye still waitin fo yo Ree spons on my offa fo yo toe rigg...
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Ron C wrote:I just spent 4 days of "Fun Fishing" at Clear Lake and in my 30+ years of bass fishing, I have never seen the fishing this good up there. On my worst day (Saturday) I had 32 keepers and on my best day (Thursday) I had 53 keepers. Each day I had a limit within 15-20 minutes. Most of the fish that I caught were in the 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pound range but I did manage to get a couple of 6 pounders and about a half dozen 5 pounders.

These bass have razor sharp teeth (a clue) and go absolutely berserk when you stick your thumb in their mouth (Both of my thumbs are raw!).

You guys heading up there for the AC Championships or the BASSMASTER Western Open are in for a GREAT time!

I only wish that I didn't live 7 1/2 hours away!
Nice to hear from you again Ron.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

How did this really old post get back up? :?
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

Ken C. wrote:Wayl mista spinna eye still waitin fo yo Ree spons on my offa fo yo toe rigg...
Mistah Ken, you still tryin' to Spin da Pot? :lol: :roll: :mrgreen:
~~~Gary "Obi-Hub" Collins
:mrgreen: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :mrgreen: