No Sweat Mist, Help?

Dom

No Sweat Mist, Help?

Post by Dom »

I picked a bottle at Limit-Out Tackle and paid $8.49 for it and before I go into this I am not knocking any product but trying to understand the products intended use.

I read all about it how it does not have abrassive stuff in it therefore saving the gel coat main reason I bought it. I left my boat in the water by camp for 4 days when I took it out it had a nasty scum line and what I noticed was I had to scrub my butt off to get that scum line off!!

Is this becuase of the no abrassive stuff? I have used Eagle Wipe and Shine($5.00) for years and all I do is spray it on and wipe away the scum no matter how bad.

Maybe I am not using it right I pulled the boat out of the lake , I sprayed it on and wiped,well SCRUBBED to get this stuff off my boat. Not knocking it just wanting to know if I am using it right or what? I spent $10.00 with tax and got one use out of the spray bottle litterly used the whole bottle on one wipe down to get the Clear Lake scum line and water spots off.

Any input would be great.
Tight Lines Dom
Dewayne

Dom

Post by Dewayne »

Clear Lake is very hard water. I also cleaned my boat this weekend after several trips to Clear Lake. While mild cleaners like No Sweat Mist or L&L Boat Restore are fine for between trip wipe downs the hard water stains you get at Clear Lake, Havasu, or Mead require a cleaner designed specifically for hard water stains or a abrasive cleaner.

To clean mine I tried the two above on small areas with no success. I then tried Just Ducky (I think) which is designed for removing hard water stains. It did a little better, but still did not remove the spots. I ended up using Meguire's Color Restorer which is very abraisive, but removes the spots quickly.

You just have to find the right tool for the job.
Dewayne
Hipster

Well Dom, this comes from a anal boat clean Freak!!!!!!!!!

Post by Hipster »

The last boat I sold never went up for sale I just told you about it
and it sold. The two before that the first looker bought it!! So prehaps I am not the best to speak on this (oh yes I am I"m anal)

Some cleaners are cleaners other's are shiners, I also noticed that Misty was more of a polish and it says that right on the bottle!!

I use aka the purple stuff to clean the boat after fishing and Misty to shine it!!!

Then use Aerospace 303 and or Mguires (sp) every two weeks or so to buff the gelcoat aka put a wax on it.

I noticed that my nitro gelcoat worked well with a Rainex cleaner not so with the Ranger!! HMMM went to the purple stuff and whamo great, so lesson learned I think there is a difference in boat manufacturer gelcoats finish and what works for your older boat!!

The Misty will Shine that Sucker!!!!! but you may need a cleaner first after certain bodies of water. I have heard that Mead has the worst water we have ever seen on boats!!!
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
BassTraveler

Taking care of your Pride and Joy...

Post by BassTraveler »

should not be difficult.
I just got home from being gone for two days.
Let me try to answer in the morning...I will try to apply my KISS Principle (Keep it Super Simple).
Thanks for the support. :wink:

Sieg
[url=http://www.nosweatmist.com/][img]http://www.westernbass.com/shared/sponsors/150x50/nosweat.jpg[/img][/url]
www.nixonsmarine.com
JT-Madera

Clearlake waterspot removal "HERE"

Post by JT-Madera »

I found a"new" product that does a great job,,,While I was attending the Rally at Clearlake one of the products I won at the Saturday nite drawing,,,Was a product called "Shine-All" Well my boat had been sitting in the water in a slip for 5 days, and it has a white hull!!!!

Since it didn't cost me anything to try it I pulled my boat out of the water and into the parking lot,, I have used many products on my boats over the years and "nothing" has ever cleaned my boat like this stuff...One spray and wipe and it all just disappeared....water spots, grime and oil residue just wiped off!!!! I was done in ten minutes and my new Ranger looked better than when I first picked her up!!!!

When I read the label it had only one main ingrediate....."Food Grade Mineral Oil"

Well after I got home I did rewipe the boat down with Misty to help give it a little better shine... However in the future I will always carry a can of either "Shine-All" or a squirt bottle with "Food Grade mineral Oil"

Try it you will like it...

Even an "anal" person like me can find something new that works...

my .02

JT-Madera

P.S. Shine all is made at www.EXTREMESHINEALL.com San Dimas, ca
909-394-5283
I am NOT sponsered by them at all...or any other wax or shine company!!!!
BassTraveler

Congratulations Dom…You were the first…

Post by BassTraveler »

Just like the Misty’s made their first appearance at the Frog Tournament…you were the first to “Not Knocking any Product.â€
[url=http://www.nosweatmist.com/][img]http://www.westernbass.com/shared/sponsors/150x50/nosweat.jpg[/img][/url]
www.nixonsmarine.com
CORAL 96

Re: No Sweat Mist, Help?

Post by CORAL 96 »

Also check www.protecproducts.com. I have used their spray-on wipe off detailer, and it works well. Also bought some of their fiberglass sealent that I have yet to apply. Trick is with that stuff is to give your boat a good wax job, then apply the sealent. Supposed to fill in any small imperfections within the glass. Keeps new boats looking that way. The kit they advertise on their page is a GREAT deal. 8)
Kevin Evans - Kap

Pro-tec is good stuff....

Post by Kevin Evans - Kap »

I was turned on to this stuff 9 years ago and use it to this day. :D
It sure makes it easier to wipe off the Clear lake scum. :) :)
What I like about it is you dont have to be in the shade to apply it properly and the results are amazing. :shock:
It is a great product and I love it. I will have to get some NSM to compare as we are always looking for something better.

My 02 cents worth.
Take a kid fishing............

Kap
Dom

*NM*

Post by Dom »

*NM*
Last edited by Dom on Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tight Lines Dom
sTony

Oh Dominic...

Post by sTony »

I guess most of us wonder why you decided to post a message rather then call up or email Sieg and ask him directly. And I believe he was just funnin' with you Dom. My oh my, how thin skinned some can be.

Read Sieg's post and you'll see he bent over backwards to acknowledge your concern and gave some great info in the process, as did Dewayne and others. What year was that boat of yours? If I remember right it was an early 90's model boat, which unless you've had it on a regular cleaning program, will show signs of having lived my friend.

sTony
Last edited by sTony on Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gt5bass

Oh sTony...

Post by gt5bass »

It would be tough to call Sieg, I search his website and couldn't find a phone number. I PM'd him to call me.

BTW...Sieg Ya Gonna Call Me :?: Me thinks I could get ya some So. Cal. Biddness
[i][color=green]It is what it is[/color] :|[/i]
BassTraveler

Dom...

Post by BassTraveler »

remember that Bud Commerical...
It went something like....I love you man!
Now give me a beer and I hope your bASS grows back fast. Har!
Thanks for your support!

PS: Don't tell Gary this...but I don't want to talk to him. He catches to many big fish on my pond. :wink:
www.nixonsmarine.com
Tobe

Second time was a charm

Post by Tobe »

One thing I've noticed about No Sweat, after the first use (delta scum) it must have left a coating on my gel coat because the next time (delta scum again) I cleaned my boat it was easier than the first time.

Maybe it could be a gelcoat thing because I just spray it on and everything comes off super easy.

It also took off the Clear Lake fluoride from my boat just as easy as the delta scum, but my boat was only in the water one day.

Hope ya have better luck next time Dom.
dobynsrods.com
oasiswatersport.com
pepperjigs.com
clearlaketackle.com
laserlures.com
gt5bass

Ok Siegy...

Post by gt5bass »

I'll only catch the babies next time :roll:

NO MORE BIG FISH ONE WEEK!
[i][color=green]It is what it is[/color] :|[/i]
Dom

*NM*

Post by Dom »

*NM*
Last edited by Dom on Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tight Lines Dom
BassTraveler

It must be tough to be a DOM...

Post by BassTraveler »

Please email me your address and I'll refund you your $9.14 ... I have also made a $100.00 donation in your name to the Hurricane Katrina Relief Fund. :wink:

donation:

100 USD

card type:

VISA

usage:

hurricane katrina relief

project title:

Hurricane Relief Fund 2005

This constitutes an official receipt of your donation which has been sent to The Salvation Army headquarters at the address below. No goods or services have been provided to the donor in consideration of this contribution.

The Salvation Army Del Oro Division
3755 N Freeway Blvd
P O Box 348000
Sacramento
CA 95834
USA

tel: 916 563 3740

email: DONORCONTACT.DO@USW.Salvationarmy.org

Best Wishes,

The Salvation Army
Del Oro Division
www.nixonsmarine.com
sTony

All I can say is...

Post by sTony »

have a great holiday weekend Dom.

sTony
Mitch

Attn: Sieg

Post by Mitch »

Man, youre a class act !!!!!!!! I like your style. My companys, Sierra Roofing and Eagle Express Line have also donated to the relief fund. I remember when we were there for the BASS Tour a few years ago. Wonder what the effect on the fishery is going to be. So much for Bourbon St and Bubba Gumps too !!!

I've tried No Sweat and like it very much. I can hardly wait to try the rest of your product line, especially the "Hard On" stuff. LOL
Let me know when you will have some available. I'll be in your area Sept 15th Maybe we can hook up............

Mitch Mitcheltree