ROLL CALL FOR ALL POSTERS AND READERS !!

AaronAgner

Re: ROLL CALL FOR ALL POSTERS AND READERS !!

Post by AaronAgner »

HA HA HA! I was hoping that instead of sharks he would send the Fembots after me.
civicrr

Post by civicrr »

Mike Quan aka Civicrr (also Civicrr2 - log in problems but fixed now!)

Just finishing my first year of 'really' fishing. Still trying to figure so many things out it is ridiculous. Last month I made a major purchase. I got a 2003 Ranger 520 with 225 Opti. The thing just rocks - running out of excuses for not catching fish - ha, ha. Being a Fireman, I get to fish @ least one weekday a week. Bummer is that most of my fishing friends have 'real' jobs.

Check the forum several times a day. Appreciate all the info that is shared.

PS If the guy with the Vicious Fishing wrapped boat that was @ River's End marina last Tues. evening reads this. Would have loved to go back out & fished with ya. Problem was I was already late getting home. Needed to help out with the kids - soccer & dinner. Hope I didn't come off as being rude.
Hillbilly in Cali

Post by Hillbilly in Cali »

My name is Kevin Smith and I am 35 years old. Grew up in KY joined the Army moved to North Carolina then Korea then NC again and I now live at Ft Irwin, CA near Barstow. I fish from the bank because with my past duty stations I have been deployed a lot and I don't want a boat that is just going to sit in the yard.

I have only been fishing 3 times here in CA because of my job. I have fished Castaic Lagoon and Puddingstone. I want to get more into swimbaits but with the limited time that I have to fish I don't know if it is worth the money for the rod, reel, and the baits.
Please don't get off !!!
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Rod Martin, 56, just fish for fun now. Ben [Benthebassman15] and I fish the Manteca Bassinbuddies together, very nice bunch of people. Have owned Champion boats most of my adult life,bought my first back in the 80's. But have moved to Ranger this year, with a bad back , bad knees and other things I found the retro ranger tr177. A dream boat for someone like me. Love throwing big worms for catching little fish and jig fishing. I think mine is 1 of very few TR177s so if you see us stop by. :D
Jim Conlow Sr.

Post by Jim Conlow Sr. »

Hi My name is Jim Conlow Sr. I have been an avid poster on this forum in the past, but not so much anymore. I started reading and posting back in 1998 shortly after Tony took over the operation. I have backed off from posting for a variety of reasons,

1-They quit sending me notification of postings that I had posted on or on other people posting on threads that I had started. As a result the postings ceased to be an ongoing conversation at least for me. I notified several of the folks who run things here on the forum to no avail

2-The lack of respect that people were showing for other posters, simply because they had a difference of opinion with the other poster.

I have been doing a lot of reading of the posts on here of late and think that things seem to be turning around into the old forum that I came to know and love
[i][b]Ride With a [size=200]Legend[/size][/b][/i]
www.legendmarine.com
www.mercurymarine.com
www.inland-marine.com
[img]http://www.westernbass.com/shared/sponsors/150x50/legend.jpg[/img]
Pat

Post by Pat »

Pat Dilling, long time NCBF and Western Bass member. Don't post much these days, but still read from time to time. Still have it as my home page 'cause it always seems like coming home.

Pat
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Jim Conlow Sr. wrote:I have been doing a lot of reading of the posts on here of late and think that things seem to be turning around into the old forum that I came to know and love
Been a lot friendlier environment lately.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
minnkotaman

Post by minnkotaman »

Hi, im Jim Lambert and check the post about 5 times a day, so here’s a short life version.
Been married for 42 years to my little Hawaiian, an extremely tolerant woman.
I’ve lived in California since age 16, high school, US Navy for 3 years discharged in ‘69.
Started fishing Devalle in 72, bought my first bass boat in ’77. Fished teams with Chairpotti, John Blair (JB tackle), and my brother for about 20 years. Also some Redman’s. But was always in the top 20 but just out of the money.
I retired after 40 years in the grocery business just ahead of Barry Ng (we worked together almost 30 years) Barry pours Rainbow Worms and is 1 of the nicest person’s
You could ever meet.
I’ve been the Minnkota Service Rep. For 25 years, primarily servicing east bay regional
Parks, city of Santa Cruz, I’ve even built a custom motor for Larry Ellis.
I do very little posting (except a few pictures) I’m not a great typist and spell far worse.
But I agree with Conlow the negatively on this site has gone down vastly, and is a welcome change.
g-man

Post by g-man »

AaronAgner wrote:The details of my life are quite inconsequential....

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery.
My mother was a 15-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet.
My father would womanize; he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possesses and the insane lament...
My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon... luge lessons... In the spring, we'd make meat helmets... When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds — pretty standard, really.
At the age of 12, I received my first scribe. At the age of 14, a Zoroastrian named Wilma ritualistically shaved my testicles — there really is nothing like a shorn scrotum — it's quite breathtaking... I suggest you try it.
WTF??
100% LL
badbass25

Post by badbass25 »

g-man wrote:
AaronAgner wrote:The details of my life are quite inconsequential....

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery.
My mother was a 15-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet.
My father would womanize; he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possesses and the insane lament...
My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon... luge lessons... In the spring, we'd make meat helmets... When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds — pretty standard, really.
At the age of 12, I received my first scribe. At the age of 14, a Zoroastrian named Wilma ritualistically shaved my testicles — there really is nothing like a shorn scrotum — it's quite breathtaking... I suggest you try it.
WTF??
It's a direct quote from Dr. Evil in Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

Just so you know
"The Chase Is Better than the Catch!"
2016 Hobie Mirage Pro Angler 14
barse41

Post by barse41 »

im nick, proud owner of 390 ranger bass boat. i fish the motherlode lakes and am a member of the modesto am bass adors.
JustinD

Post by JustinD »

Sorry Jim couldn't resist....Isn't this thread spawn from the forums being to boring?.....I hope it doesn't go back to the good ol days (as Jim suggested) since it seems like the good ol days were well boring.
LL South
whazup

Post by whazup »

Hello all. My name is Dennis Sullivan and I live in Stockton. I chose the "whazup" moniker in the spur of the moment and haven't liked it since. Have tried to change it a couple of times to no avail. Oh well. I mainly fish the east Delta with a few forays into Franks. I have been out with both Randy Pringle and Cooch as guides, but even they hardly penetrated this hard head. :) Really enjoy Westernbass and spend way too much time here. It's been interesting reading the bios on this thread. I am 56 years old and have worked for UPS for 35 years. Looking to retire............
Ricky-S

Post by Ricky-S »

Ricky Shabazz, AKA wanabepro, 32 yo out of Southern Cal. I went to UC Davis for undergrad and started fishing as a Co-Angler back in 1994 on WCB, WB and Redman. I am a Southern Cal Delta Rat at heart who spent 6 years living up North learning the Delta, CL, Shasta and Oroville.

My wife of seven years often bans me from Western Bass because I spend far too much time here and on other bass fishing sites.

I am a tournament junkie who loves to fish bass tournaments. I am working on my PHD in Education and work as an administrator for a college. I work so that I can fish.

Holla :lol:
sTony

Post by sTony »

Would you rather have it spiced up by a small group of people who snipe at every post? Post off topic in as many threads possible?

The old forums were anything but boring. Guys had a lot of camaraderie without getting personally insulting. Folks came on here with an interest in helping others learn the sport and to learn more themselves. They built up friendships. They started up stuff like the nutcases and rallies so they could see and meet each other. Back then the guys on the forum started all that stuff themselves. They organized it and everything. The debates in here were fun and folks could agree to disagree and move on. I still see it happening to some degree and it can come back. But many of the old timers got run off from posters to lurkers because the stuff they contributed would come under attack.

And fishing itself has changed a bit. It's not as much about the camaraderie anymore. Bigger money might have something to do with it. Sometimes things seem a bit more cut throat then they used to be. I see that sometimes even among the fun fishing crowd also. Guys getting upset with each other over a particular spot and what not. I'm sure it's happened all the time and back then also but it seems to occur a lot more now.

Back a couple few years ago we didn't have Mods on the site. There wasn't a need for them. Folks didn't drop f-bombs all over the place. The language was cleaner then it seems to have gotten over the years. But it's not so much that as it is some of the anger and hostility that gets thrown about carelessly.

Its not necessarily solely what goes on directly in the forums but what happens in PMs also that has had a marked effect on who participates openly and who doesn't. I've heard horror stories over how some people have gotten PMs with threats and filled with personal insults, vulgarities and the like.

We're in a transition right now. The new mods are setting a tone for the environment based on what was told to us at the online community meeting. There are a couple of people on a temporary time out and one person was banned permanently.

As a result people are slowly starting to figure out that they can post in here and possibly not get a beating for doing it. The Mods have a tougher job then ever because what they do or don't do sets a tone for the forum. They'd prefer not to have to do anything at all. They're going to take the forum rules an evenly enforce them.

The rest is up to you. The folks that use the forum. You ultimately set the tone for what any forum is going to be. Friendly or hostile, exciting or boring; whatever it is to become, you have a hand in it.

sTony
JustinD

Post by JustinD »

Let me clarify sTony....The sniping and B.S. are lame and definetly not what this site is about. With that being said it has been relatively quiet and uneventful, need I say almost boring, for the past month or so on here. The threads are pretty cheesy lately though if your new to fishing do provide some knowledge. I haven't always been a poster on here but do remeber the ncbf days and would love to see and be a part of some of the fishing community that once was but the reality of the situation is that were growing. Not just a few here or there but by leaps and bounds accompanying that comes every fashion of life possible and the only solice we can come together on is fishing. I hope that remains the focus. That being said Go McCain. JAm I the only one who thinks Sarah Palin is hot. Just kidding you all.
LL South
Andy Giannini

Post by Andy Giannini »

I have been posting for awhile about the fishing. The lack of internet "Handle" came about awhile back when people were making little snide anonymous attacks, and I did not want to be confused with the other Andy the "Cooch". I am just too lazy to sign my name, so it was easier to put it on the header, and just sign off, A.G.

I love the fishing, although I am not trying to make it any kind of job/career anymore.

I have to agree with sTony, and add there was always a certain good spiritness about the forums. At times, there has been some mean spiritness among the posters, which has definately turned some contributors away.

I really enjoy cruising along, picking up tidbits, rigging wrinkles, and or helping someone out with the basic stuff.

Did not attend the meeting, so I don't really know what went on there.

Not banned, just been cruising different forums, picking up old interests, and hanging out with Mike V. on the airbrushing forum.

:D

A.G.
Last edited by Andy Giannini on Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you can't win, at LEAST catch the Big Fish!"
Nick_Barr

Post by Nick_Barr »

Nick Barr here checking in.

I am 17 Years old and a Junior at Timberline High School in Lacey, WA. I play Varsity Football as a Center and Long Snapper and am a tournament angler in the Pacific Northwest.

I have been bass fishing for the past roughly 4-5 years. I have been totally engulfed in bass fishing for about 3-4 years. I fish NWBASS and the FLW AND BASS federation events in WA. I have a website: http://www.NickBarrFishing.comand am working on improving it.

I also am looking into guiding this upcoming year and most of my time is taken up with football, school and fishing.

-Nick
http://www.NickBarrFishing.com
President, Eastern Washington University Sportsman's Club
parker

Post by parker »

im parker a teen who relocated from nc abot a year ago and am enjoying the new fishing oppertunities

i hope to fish my first tournament in two weeks
i dont know many i will be able to fish this coming year because i play lacrosse for my school but hopefully you may see me out there in some of the rookie type events in the next year

i realy enjoy coming on western bass but i am mostly a reader
thanks to all the staff and posters, wb has been a key element to helping me adjust to the ca style of fishin
Parker
obsessed fisherman

Post by obsessed fisherman »

Hi, my name is Jim Goehring, aka Obsessed fisherman. I live in Oakley and feel very fortunate to be able to fish the delta 2 -3 times a week in my 16' tracker. Still learnin, but really enjoy being on the water. Love nailing stripers on top. Family has property in Northern Minnesota and fished there late may this year for walleye, pike, and smallmouth. Hunt upstate NY each fall for deer. Love the outdoors and spend quite a bit of time reading the forums and reports each evening. Look forward to meeting some of you on the water.
Jim
Hardshell

Post by Hardshell »

Steve Greene here, still Hardshell and formerly Hardshell-Jailer. Just turned 60 last spring and been getting myself put back together piece by piece as my body was used to much when it was new! Been 'round this forum a long time! Back to the Bob Taylor days before sTony became the "Leader of the Pack". I was a memeber of the NCBF Top Six Team that won it all in 1998. I've been fishin' for a long time and dearly love this sport and like my idol, Dee Thomas "I'm gonna fish till I die"!

The only thing I'd like to see is a little less hy-jacking of posts. IMHO, if you want to say something personal to someone send 'em a PM and spare the rest of us the hassle.

Seeya 'round
Hardshell
M. Warner

Post by M. Warner »

My name is Matt Warner and I live in henderson nevada. I am 32 will be 33 on oct 8. I bought my first bass boat back in 1999, a skeeter. My dad always told me when i can afford one I can buy one so i did. My dad kind of laughed at me when i told him I wanted to tourney fish. I fished my first year on the lakes that the clubs were fishing, and took my weights and thought that I can compete with these guys. My first year I placed second in points out of 60 boats. Clubs back in michigan are huge. For our federation tourneys we had 200 boats and turned away a ton of guys. So the following year I fished the bfls and did some bass opens as a coangler and then decided to fish from the pointy end which I did fairly well . Anyways I LOVE TO FISHand thats all that matters. Hopefully i WILL see some of you gents at the won bass tourneys this year. Take care and becareful to everyone and always TIGHT LINES.
CATCHEMCARO

Post by CATCHEMCARO »

Hi all, Im Rich Caro, AKA CATCHEMCARO.
Im the founder and President of the Sonoma County Belly Boat Bass Club. I have been fishing for as long as I can remember. I have been float tubing since I was 13 years old and I havent gotten tired of it yet. I had a boat for 9 years, but still found myself up to my waist in the water floating around and slaying toads in my Bucksbag round tube. I finally sold the boat and havent missed it for one minute.

I keep telling myself I'm going to get myself a Ranger and step up front. I think the year will be 2009 that I find a $25.000.00 Ranger with my name on it. Until then I'll keep on fishing from a kick boat.

Rich
WWW.SCBBBC.COM
http://catchemcarobaits.com/index.html
Jim Conlow Sr.

Thats funny

Post by Jim Conlow Sr. »

Its funny because I keep telling myself Im going to get a kickboat or a kyak. Every time I see some bassy looking water where I cant launch my Legend
[i][b]Ride With a [size=200]Legend[/size][/b][/i]
www.legendmarine.com
www.mercurymarine.com
www.inland-marine.com
[img]http://www.westernbass.com/shared/sponsors/150x50/legend.jpg[/img]
cbwiii

Re: Thats funny

Post by cbwiii »

I’m Chuck Wood, and I fish mostly out of my Tracker 18-v with my son Aaron (10). I also fish some Pro Ams. I live in Fairfield where I grew up, (Less than an hour to be in the water at Berry or the Delta, and two to Clear Lake).

I fished a bit as a kid, learning on my own at a family camp and back-packing. Started Bass fishing a bit 8-9 years ago then joined the Fairfield -Suisun Bass Reapers to learn. Five years ago I bought an old Tracker 16-v so I could take my kids, and the more I fished the more I wanted to, encouraged by Aaron. He’ll fish over almost anything. I take him on most club outings, and we fished a few 100%WRL tournaments. We learn together and have a blast! javascript:emoticon(':D')
Very Happy

I’m a Cooch disciple and nearly always have a jig rod on deck.

In my other life I’m a Real Estate and Business lawyer (http://www.flgch.com/Bio/CharlesWood.asp). Fishing, especially with my son, is the perfect escape. For the most part this web site and most fishermen I meet are great and help Aaron and me on the water. In return bass fisherman can call my office, ask for me and mention bass or fishing, and get a free legal consultation. (A few more fishing business clients and I think I can start writing fishing stuff off)

I fish all I can between job, kid activities, and family. I look forward to seeing you on the water.

Chuck
:D
tracker31

Post by tracker31 »

hey there,
my name is sam sayad, 19 years old, and live in carmel valley. i do a majority of my fishing up at the delta, but when i cant make it up there i go to anderson, coyote, calero, and local spots. i hope to fish my first tourny on Oct. 5 at roussos marina. nice getting to know everyone, but im off to go fish now.
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

My name is Dan Thorburn and I live in Lake Forest, CA. I work for Shimano as the Product Support Specialist and I answer questions on this site. I'm 31 and try to fish as much as I can except for when work tends to interfere with that... I try to fish tournaments but my schedule won't allow it either. I tend to switch over to saltwater fishing when the summer rolls around and I bass fish the rest of the year.

This is a great site and I still want to thank the site for allowing us (Shimano) to be here!
Mark Pollard

Post by Mark Pollard »

Whats up all You Nutcases-
I'm Mark Pollard, I sell Real Estate in Modesto Ca. Been Married for 5 years, no kids, I have a Lab named Jaz.I mostly fish with my Dad.
We fish the FPT, last year we did some Anglers Choice. I love this sport. :lol: I wish I can learn it as fast as some of these other guys.
I'm always trying to figure it out.Not as easy at times.I enjoy fishing with my dad trying to solve a new lake or water.I read and post on the NCBF daily. Most of the time it has good info.i have meet some good friends and fishing buddys on this forum.A lot of people might disagree with me on a lot of things, but I don't agree with everybody on everything ether.I do miss some of the great debates.
Mark Pollard
Coldwell Banker Vinson Chase
www.Teampollard.net For Central Valley Real Estate...
www.gfmarine.com for Nitro, and Skeeter Bass Boats...
www.savephace.com
www.teampollardfishing.com
buzzfish

Post by buzzfish »

I'm Clint Ryle, 49 years old, and have been bass fishing since the early 90's. Unless I am out with my brother I fish exclusively from an Outdoor Engineering kick boat. I usually fish with my friends in Bass-N-Tubes and have been fishing with the club since 1995 or 96. I'm currently the tournament director for the BNT delta region.

I have fished for a long time, mostly trout and panfish in my earlier years. I took up bass fishing so I could hang out with my brother who also happens to be my best friend. I also get out for salmon and tuna whenever conditions and lack of closures allow.

Don't post too often but I check this site at least twice a day weekdays and usually once a day on weekends.

Buzzfish has a dual meaning: my favorite bait is a buzzbait and I have been known to have a few (or a few too many) when camping for tournaments!
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Nice to see other nutcases from Santa Cruz. I was born and raised here. I started fishing when I was just a toddler when my parent would take me and my brother out to the Santa Cruz wharf. It's an awesome place to grow up.