shasta

mike gunderson

shasta

Post by mike gunderson »

I'm going to shasta for the first time and I need some help.Any info on catching bass appreciated.Thanks mike
Glennt

Re: shasta

Post by Glennt »

Not a good time for Shasta. Hear its 140 feet down. Only launch is a Jones Valley and lots of trees sticking up.
TD

Post by TD »

I live here, yes the lake is down but still fishable. Use common noggin when running...Shasta always has something sticking up. Plastics and some reaction. I will be gone from Sept.19-26th...otherwise give me a call.

TD
High Five Hand Poured Lures
530-547-3272
David Rogers

Post by David Rogers »

Hey Mike,

What I alway do is go to the reports page for Shasta for the last week and than go all the way back to last Sept 07 and see what they were using, chances are very good that they will be hitting the same thing. When I go, I toss Magic worm green weenies, bold blueguil roboworms or salt and pepper worms on drop shot or dart head. I also toss 3 inch white of pink flukes on a dart head, if you see fish feeding on top and you toss that fluke in there they will crush it!! If you want to toss jigs, toss yamamoto hulla grubs watermellon green with black or black and red flake on a football head. Ripping a stacy 90 in the am can be good also in chartues shad. OK one more, a popper in the early am can be fun on points and around docks.
David 371V Rogers
Jason Milligan

Post by Jason Milligan »

3 launches open. Bridge Bay, Centimudi and Jones Valley. No dock at Centimudi.
speedo

Post by speedo »

Does Centimudi still have paved ramp in the water or is it dirt off the point?
Speedo
Bass Boat - 1978, 24' SeaRay "Albert Again"
Trolling Motor - 15# anchor and 50' of rode*

*I've upgraded. . . now I have 75' of rode!
ryland7667

Post by ryland7667 »

Is the same Mike Gunderson that used to work for S&S Tool and Supply?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
mike gunderson

Post by mike gunderson »

Thanks for all the help.I'm a different Mike g
davetNitro

Post by davetNitro »

definitely be careful, this is what i did last sept when the lake was real low

DaveT

'06 Nitro 911 250 Verado
HDS 10, 8 LSS-1 LWX-1
SonicHub MercMonitor
AaronAgner

Post by AaronAgner »

speedo wrote:Does Centimudi still have paved ramp in the water or is it dirt off the point?
Its paved, but very narrow and wrapping around a corner. Its usually packed and has limited parking. i would recommend going to Jones valley, as J Milly said, it has a dock.
AaronAgner

Post by AaronAgner »

davetNitro wrote:definitely be careful, this is what i did last sept when the lake was real low

Ouch! When the lake gets this low i pay close attention to my gps when running. If you run over the top of the river channels you wont hit anything. Humps are poping up all over out there now, even in the middle of the arms and main body. I fished one sunday around the mouth of Bridge Bay that was about 60 yards long and 2 1/2 feet deep. Saw 3 ski/wakeboard boats go right over the top of it with skiiers. No clue how dangerous that just was...