Rhino Line or Recarpet?

brambo0311

Rhino Line or Recarpet?

Post by brambo0311 »

What do you guys think? The driver and co angler compartment is getting rhino lined for sure. The decks I was thinking of rhino lining and getting a apholstrey shop to make snap in carpet pieces, that I can just remove when its raining and clean easy.
Norv

Re: Rhino Line or Recarpet?

Post by Norv »

Snap-in carpet is a good idea, but I would worry about how it would behave when your boat is at WOT. The wind and air pressure might cause some problems like flapping or bellowing in the middle. Most of the boats that have snap-in carpet don't reach the same speeds as a bass boat.

Also if you take the carpeting out when it's raining you would need some sort of non-skid stuff otherwise the deck would get pretty slick.

Rino Lining might be heavier than carpet and might be a factor in boat performance. It also wouldn't have any "give" and might be more fatiguing than standing on carpet.
Norval Chan

ESOX Rods
Put a Sock on It
Xtreme Reel+
Peregrine 250
Water Dog
Eagle Eye
California Community Credit Union
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

what kind of boat? why would you consider rhino vs carpet? just carpeted mine - not tough, just tedious but very pleased with the results

photos here: http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerothread/294213
"I'll just drop it on their head, and then rip their lips off with a TV hookset..." <i>unnamed angler when discussing how he fishes a jig</i>
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

Its a 18'3 procraft. And norv has a point, this boat flat out gets with it. I might be wearing that carpet at 70 mph.
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

stored outside, no cover?
"I'll just drop it on their head, and then rip their lips off with a TV hookset..." <i>unnamed angler when discussing how he fishes a jig</i>
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

No I keep it in the garage. Its a 96 but whoever had it before me didnt use it. Looks brand new, original seats and stuff. But the carpet is starting to go.
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

20lb carpet from basscar http://www.bassboatcarpets.com, a tub of indoor outdoor carpet glue from the local carpet shop, some scrapers and you're on your way. they might even have a precut kit for your boat

the heat from the rhino during the summer along with the fumes would be overwhelming, that crap stinks and really holds heat, can't imagine that in the direct sun in the middle of summer...
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

so what did you decide?