Post by BILLYS »

What is the traffic near sac- auburn ,say Wen or thur around 2:00
thruogh around 6:00pm?
Thanks
TEAM FATBOY.
Burke

Re: I-80 near sac. help\ info

Post by Burke »

What direction are you coming from? Roughly, starting around 4:00P, there's a ton of traffic heading east on Interstate 80 from downtown Sacramento toward Roseville. They have carpools lanes but they don't start until you get to the East side of Sacramento.

If you connecting to 80 from HWY 99, you will have a lot of delays since 99 goes through downtown Sacramento.

Traffic doesn't really clear until you get past Roseville.
Sacto John

Post by Sacto John »

I commute that corridor every day. Traffic is the heaviest between 4:30 and 5:30. The section that is always backed up is 80 between I5 to just past Northgate, after that traffic moves allright. I takes me on average between 30 and 35 minutes to get from where I work Downtown (5th and Capitol Mall, very close to the freeway) to home in Citrus Heights (right off the Antelope Rd. exit) It can take as much as an hour if there is an accident of holiday traffic. I leave work at 5:30

If you are heading up to Auburn, traffic gets heavy approaching Douglass where 80 bottlenecks but then traffic lightens up after the HWY 65 connection.
BILLYS

Post by BILLYS »

Don't know where all the spots you guys are talking about. My little girl got a horse trailer up there, going to go pick it up wed. maybe.
Headed from hy 101 to 80 t0 49(?). She wants to get out of school a bit early and pick it up.
Sounds like it might be better to go on Sunday.
Thanks
TEAM FATBOY.
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

Billy,

Sunday can be bad as well with all the bay area folks that go up the hill for a weekend of gambling and such.

Wednesday should be ok between 1:00 - 3:30 pm

Sacramento and all of the outlying areas have became really bad for traffic. There are only two major thoroughfares 50 and 80. I commutte from one side of town to other every day :evil: :evil:

Mark
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
Vernonn

Post by Vernonn »

I catch I-80 in Newcastle and work in Sacramento M thru F.

Even at 5pm, the traffic on I-80 toward Auburn isn't too bad except for the bottlenecks at Northgate blvd and Douglas Blvds.

If your headed toward Placerville at 5pm, that isn't too bad either compared to the Bay area Traffic I've seen.

The Peak traffic is around 5:15 to 5:45 most afternoons.

On Fridays, the traffic is compounded by the Bay Area residents driving up to the mountains.
BILLYS

Post by BILLYS »

Thanks, I think we will go sunday.
TEAM FATBOY.