Mend-it question??

SKTR 20i

Mend-it question??

Post by SKTR 20i »

I tried Mend-It for the first time yesterday and when I did my soft plastic bait nearly melted away in my hand.

I had a small tear in a Yamamoto Twin Tail Grub; I placed a drop (1 drop) in the tear and before I could push it together the bait began melting away. I quickly placed it on my work bench and tried again but the bait never really returned to a usable condition! What happened? How are you supposed to use it?

Thanks, John. :oops: :(
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Re: Mend-it question??

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

If there is any tension on the spot of the repair, it will pretty much just melt and tear..If you push it back together immediately and hold it for a few seconds, it should get itself back together..I have found that sometimes it does react completely different than you might expect..But overall I still like it for most soft bait repaits..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
philip garcia

Post by philip garcia »

one thing you don't open the bait up. What I mean is don't hold open the ripped bait. just let it sit naturaly and put a drop on it. It will run into the rip by itself.
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

What mac and pg said.

I've found if you just lay the bait flat and let the stuff flow into the tear, with no tension on the tear, your bait will be repaired.

I was very skeptical of this stuff as I've been let down in the past by other products with "soft" promises.

This stuff really works well in my opinion.
I had to come back...I know...
SKTR 20i

Post by SKTR 20i »

Thanks, I'll try again.

John.
Norv

Post by Norv »

If anyone wants to try Mend-it I will have a lure repair station set up during the weigh-in and ceremonies at the CBAF Toys for the Troops' Kid Tournament this Saturday at Russo's Marina. Please come by with any kind of torn soft bait and try it out.
Norval Chan

ESOX Rods
Put a Sock on It
Xtreme Reel+
Peregrine 250
Water Dog
Eagle Eye
California Community Credit Union