Help for Thur. and Fri. finding fish.

Scoot549

Help for Thur. and Fri. finding fish.

Post by Scoot549 »

I am going to be going out with a group of guys to go fly fishing fo r Stripers and would like to make it a good experiance. We will probably be fishing from Ladd's to Frank's for Stripers. I have not been on the water for about a year and can use any info to help. I have heard that the fishing has been pretty good. If any on could give me some help with good areas to look that would be great. At first I will be looking # of fish so schooles would be fine. Once I get everyone a fish I would probably spend sometime looking around for some fish going 5lbs and above if we are lucky. If anyone is afraid of sharing with everyone please PM me. Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
Hitman

Re: Help for Thur. and Fri. finding fish.

Post by Hitman »

Try hitting all the points on your way to Franks. I've been finding them in the current or just inside the eddies. Take a run and gun approach until you find a school. For me Franks has been really hit or miss but have been having better success around the points and entrances to other channels/sloughs. Dont overlook the oxbows...they will stack up with the shad.

Good luck

Hitman
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

I wish I had seen this earlier Scoot! If ya read it, head out to Lil Mandyville Island, tons of birds ta follow and a large number of schoolies in there right now! We counted 19 boats in there yesterday at around 11:00pm as we got there much later than the crowd that was in there. Shortly after, I guess it ended and most of the boats were gone by noon when the breeze picked up yesterday. I caught two over 20 in there two weeks ago. Most of the bigger fish in there seem to be REALLY shallow and inside of the tree lines all around the perimiter of the bank. We've only scored on schoolies since, most all around the openings with water flow.
Scoot549

Post by Scoot549 »

Thanks Cooch,
I wish there were more guys like you. I really appreciate how much you have helped me and others. The fish were still there. We were not there when they were feeding as I would say, but there was enough action to keep us there. Just an Fyi the Catfish were thick in there as well. I had a freind land one on a fly and another friend that started spooning for them and landed 15 in about 30 mins. when he decided to start fishing for Stripers again. We lost a couple of good Stripers not sure how big because we never got to see them.

Thank You Again

Scooter