Winter NutCase Sign Up

Wolfeman

Winter NutCase Sign Up

Post by Wolfeman »

It's official. The 2009 Winter NutCase will be Jan 3rd, on the Delta, out of Russo's. :D :D :D

Let's make this a great NutCase event. I'm personally calling out some of the old NutCase to come out for this event (Stickbait, DDawg, Pat, etc. etc.) and all of the new NutCases as well.

This is a fun event and is only for bragging rights. We'll be weighing in two fish for each contestant. Fish have to be 13" long and have to be black bass (smallies, largemouth or spots). You can bring something else to the weighin that isn't a black bass and we'll weigh it for entry into the Odd Nut category (biggest non-blackbass fish).
If we can get the plaques together in time we will award a Top Nut (heaviest bag), Big Nut (biggest single black bass), Odd Nut (biggest non-black bass) and Numb Nut (person who does the dumbest thing during the event, committe vote based on your nomination).

There is no sponsor for this event. There will be a potluck after the fishing is done and everyone should plan on bringing something to share.

Let's get the signups started so that we can get a clear head count.
What I neeed to know:
- boater or non-boater,
- what you are bringing for the potluck

Thanks,
- Wolfeman

EDIT - Adding the link to the sign-up page to the first post so Kirk doesn't whine any more! :lol:
http://www.westernbass.com/shared2/ncc_reg/

Roger
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
rexford

Re: Winter NutCase Sign Up

Post by rexford »

Mike Rexford
Non boater
Hot links and Peppers
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

Looks like I will bring the "wife" so I will be a boater. (like I av a clue :oops: whar ta fish on the Delta in Jan :? so pray y'all dern't draw Ol' Hub)

Not sure on the grub as I will driving up and will have to prolly do sumtin store bought.

Hey Dewayne, you out dar? If'n you can make arrangement fer da plaques, I'll pick up da tab!

Obi
~~~Gary "Obi-Hub" Collins
:mrgreen: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :mrgreen:
Gator

Post by Gator »

Boater - some kind of meat and a couple of sides..........I'll also bring plates/knives/forks that I have.
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

Ay dars an id'r :shock: , I kewd brang sum grubb'n gewds 8)

Obi
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Roger Nelson
Non-boater (unless we need an extra boat)
Home-made salsa (only if you dare!!! :twisted: ) and chips
Louisana red hots and buns (if we have grilling facilities)
Whatever else we need to fill a void
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

Alias Dink Master (that Delta will prove that).

I'll have a boat

I'm pretty sure there's some 110 outlets available, so I'll bring the SOS, a definite crowd pleaser on a cold rainy day!
I had to come back...I know...
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

Kirk McIntyre
non-boater (but I'll have my boat with me just in case there is a need for me to go as a boater)
2 cases soda's
2 cases water
chips and dip
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/basscaptain/Kirk-McIntyre-sig.gif[/img]
Jason C.

Post by Jason C. »

Ill be there for this one!! I couldnt make the Summer one :( So I gotta make this one! This will be my first Winter Nutcase! I might be able to bring a B-B-Q ifn my dad allows it!

Also I will have ta be a Non-Boater :?
Winning Isn't Everything...But Wanting To IS!
Tight Lines, Jason C.
jasonconser@yahoo.com 925-727-4077
[color=orange] www.dobynsrods.com [/color]
[color=blue] www.inland-marine.com [/color]
Guy Kelley

Post by Guy Kelley »

You's can bet your bippy that your 08 Winter Numb Nut will be there.

With a boat in tow

A large Bar-Ba-Cue, Non gas.

Food ? will get back later on what !

other stuff ?
Yeah ? It's Me Again, SO WHAT!!!!!
Dave Mayo

Post by Dave Mayo »

count me in....i'll be bringing something Mac salad or chicken
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

OK I am in - This is THE event to be at Old Skool on da delta and da tuner is afraid to bring out his big bad boat!

Ash boater - 08 summer Odd Nut 06 Winter Numb Nut I only gots two nuts to go so den I gets all me nuts.

Food Stuff---I will edit and update for now put me down for Sodas and Water, but I am going to see if I can make some arrangments to keep some chili heated up :shock:

Jason C - I'll tell you what if you draw me, I'll let you take me to all your spots and HECK I will even let you drive the boat :lol:
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Jason C.

Post by Jason C. »

Ash- Ill just take you to BOTH of Guyle's spots, you know the ones BigDaddyBlueRanger offered to show me! :lol:
Winning Isn't Everything...But Wanting To IS!
Tight Lines, Jason C.
jasonconser@yahoo.com 925-727-4077
[color=orange] www.dobynsrods.com [/color]
[color=blue] www.inland-marine.com [/color]
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Wolf , Guy, Gator, Cooch, sTony or someone else -- Can you please again post up how the format works for all of us that don't know the particulars ?

I believe there are two session of different draw partners and weigh-ins. :?:

I am off on the 3ard and with work permitting, parents moving/construction help be free. You can pencil DeltaLuke in as a non-boater and me in as a boater.

If we can plug in a Crock-Pot into Lisa's workspace for 8 or 10 hours on slow cook. We have that meal covered. :wink:
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

The particulars are pretty simple:
- we all meet nice and early at Russo's and have a draw to pair boaters up with non-boaters.
- we blast off at safe light,
- the first weigh-in will be around 10:00, each person is allowed to weigh-in two keeper (13") bass,
- we re-draw for new pairs and blast off,
- second weigh-in is around 1:30-2:00 or so, each person is allowed to weigh-in two keeper (13") bass,
- we breakout the grub,
- we announce the winners of the NutCase awards: Top Nut=best overall weight, Big Nut=biggest single bass, OddNut=biggest non-black bass, NumbNut=person who does the dumbest thing during the event.
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Wolfeman wrote:The particulars are pretty simple:

-- You all may be in for a suprise ..... But I have NEVER cooked this meal on 8 hour Hi or 8 hour Low setting.

10 hr Low has always been it for me. 8)
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

RichThiel

Post by RichThiel »

Dan plug it in at my place first thing in the morn'in,,,,get about 9 1/2 hours maybe.

Rich
Guide on the California Delta and Lake Berryessa for Largemouth, Smallmouth and Spots. Teach all known techniques with up to date artificial baits.

www.calbassguide.com ,

Best 5 over 7lbs for 09
1- 8lb 3oz
2- 10.73
3- 9.06
4-
5-
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Oh yes I will be camping out on the grass at Russo's so please just ship the NumbNut Award directly to me.... :lol:
Links to Check Out -
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

ash wrote:da tuner is afraid to bring out his big bad boat!
Nah... I'll bring it if I need it, but don't want to handicap someone on the back seat with my limited experience! :shock:
Oh yes I will be camping out on the grass at Russo's so please just ship the NumbNut Award directly to me.... :lol:
You can camp out here with Kirk and Obi, if you want... should be a lot warmer, and maybe a bit softer! Let me know if you still want to be prime NumbNut candidate, and we'll figure something out??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roger
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

Dave Mayo wrote:count me in....i'll be bringing something Mac salad or chicken
Perhaps I will even remember to bring your Ranger jacket up with me :roll:

Obi
Marty

Post by Marty »

Count me in with the Bassanova – the food is other thing since the wife is in Colorado – I will have to buy something – will let you know!

Wolfman, are you going to do that card thing that Guy did last year?
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Marty wrote: the food is other thing since the wife is in Colorado – I will have to buy something – will let you know!

Marty -- G-Man already has tried it 3x in the least.... ~~> You need to bring a PAN to put on the BBQ Grill to reheat your canned Rosorita refired beans with cheese and mole sauce..... Otherwise they all fall through the grill.

Gator

Post by Gator »

tunaman wrote:
ash wrote:da tuner is afraid to bring out his big bad boat!
Nah... I'll bring it if I need it, but don't want to handicap someone on the back seat with my limited experience! :shock:

Roger
Roger - You may want to bring it, you could get surprised with a pretty good Delta backseater who could show you a thing or two. If I don't get my livewells fixed by then, I may be a non-boater.......
Marty

Post by Marty »

DeltaDan wrote:
Marty wrote: the food is other thing since the wife is in Colorado – I will have to buy something – will let you know!

Marty -- G-Man already has tried it 3x in the least.... ~~> You need to bring a PAN to put on the BBQ Grill to reheat your canned Rosorita refired beans with cheese and mole sauce..... Otherwise they all fall through the grill.
There you go again Dan – I’m half Mexican and half Spaniard and on 3 Jan, I will be more Spanish from Spain – The Mexican side does not like the cold. In cold weather my Basque blood kicks in! As a Spaniard we eat Paella and drink Sangria – but I was thinking of bringing can of spaghetti, I’m also a little be of Italian – see you there!
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Marty wrote:
DeltaDan wrote:

There you go again Dan – I’m half Mexican and half Spaniard and on 3 Jan, I will be more Spanish from Spain – The Mexican side does not like the cold. In cold weather my Basque blood kicks in! As a Spaniard we eat Paella and drink Sangria – but I was thinking of bringing can of spaghetti, I’m also a little be of Italian – see you there!

From the sound of it you sound ALL American to me, heinz 57 as they say!

Marty a couple of cans of Chef Boyardie and your good to go :wink:

Roger - My first time in a tournament with my boat was on Clear Lake a place I only visited a couple times in the past with NO knowledge whatsoever! I finished in 3rd place - sometimes you just gotta go fishing - get out to the Tract and stop looking at it as a river and start looking at it as a lake - there are points, humps, break lines, drop offs, rock piles, shad etc... when that dont work get into connection and start throwing reaction baits :lol:
Links to Check Out -
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Gator wrote:Roger - You may want to bring it, you could get surprised with a pretty good Delta backseater who could show you a thing or two.
I'm sure you're right... probably everyone there will be able to show me a thing or two (or three or ten or thousands! :lol: ). I figure I'd stand to learn more from the back seat, and also not risk anyone's welfare being as unfamiliar as I am... I expect to get several days under my belt by then, but it is still the Delta, after all, and even I know that navigation is not to be taken lightly there.

We'll see how the signups go, and how my exposure goes in the next month - thanks for the encouragement though!

Roger
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

Boater

Spam

or hot links. I havent decided if I really like you guys yet.. :lol:
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

ash wrote:Roger - My first time in a tournament with my boat was on Clear Lake a place I only visited a couple times in the past with NO knowledge whatsoever! I finished in 3rd place - sometimes you just gotta go fishing - get out to the Tract and stop looking at it as a river and start looking at it as a lake - there are points, humps, break lines, drop offs, rock piles, shad etc... when that dont work get into connection and start throwing reaction baits :lol:
Jonathan, thanks for the tips. My first time on Clear Lake was also on my boat at the Western Rally two years ago, without any knowledge except what I figured out from reading the map. I'm not too worried about the fishing, but just realize that I have to take it a bit easy (fools rush in and all...) for a while. I figure in the next few weeks I'll have a chance to get out and explore some more, but don't expect I'll be ready to run and gun for a while. Can't afford to leave my lower end at the base of those rocks that Coochie showed me! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roger

Post by Guest »

Count me in... flying in from Phoenix. Love fishing the delta in Winter as it's the toughest time of year to get bit.

Will fish as a non-boater since i'm flying in. Should be fun.

Count me in for food will make my meatball dish cooked in cocktail sauce and grape jelly in the crock pot. Will there be some place that we can plug this in so it's ready for lunch?
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

Vince Borrego wrote:Count me in... flying in from Phoenix. Love fishing the delta in Winter as it's the toughest time of year to get bit.

Will fish as a non-boater since i'm flying in. Should be fun.

Count me in for food will make my meatball dish cooked in cocktail sauce and grape jelly in the crock pot. Will there be some place that we can plug this in so it's ready for lunch?
I always have a tough time mid summer getting good fish, this for me is prime time trophy hunting. We will see some real hogs come out for this one, since cooch is fishing.. :lol:

I copied cooches wadda bomb, its a 4# lead head with a conveyer belt skirt and a stuffed animal from red lobster trailer. :lol: Im gunna attach a tamborene for a rattle.
Sacto John

Post by Sacto John »

I am in as a non-boater and I will bring my famous Chili Verde.

Maybe Ash can finally return the DD Delta favor.
DDawg

Post by DDawg »

Hmmmmmm.
I fished there once!
We'll see how the goose hunting is going around then before I commit.

Dave
Guyle

Post by Guyle »

Jason C. wrote:Ash- Ill just take you to BOTH of Guyle's spots, you know the ones BigDaddyBlueRanger offered to show me! :lol:
:? Since when did I have 2 spots??? I'd sure like to know where the other one is.
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

I just gotta go, now that Dave Doubledee is more or less in..Would definitely hate to miss the DDawg..

I'll bring some more peel and eat shrimp..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
allbelac

Post by allbelac »

Caleb is in as a non-boater. If John is bringing Chili Verde, I will make sure we have plenty of TP :wink: Will also bring salami, cream cheese, and pepper thingies...
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Marty wrote: There you go again Dan – I’m half Mexican and half Spaniard and on 3 Jan, I will be more Spanish from Spain

Well there you have it -- My money is on you if G-man is drawn into your back seat. ~~ Shank or No Shank even !! :lol: :lol: :lol: (Just watch your back !! :shock: )

Marty

Post by Marty »

DeltaDan wrote:
Well there you have it -- My money is on you if G-man is drawn into your back seat. ~~ Shank or No Shank even !! :lol: :lol: :lol: (Just watch your back !! :shock: )
I fish with the G-man – you know he is half Indian!
eagle123777

Post by eagle123777 »

as one of them "ole" schoolers u talkin bout...count me in as a boater.....will bring somethin or let me know whats needed.....jack
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

DDawg wrote:Hmmmmmm.
I fished there once!

Dave

Cost ya a quater to use my lines there Dave!!

Hey... like Dave .. I just might pop in for this one ... if the ducks are not flying !!

Thanks for thinking about us old folks.. Wolfeman!!!
I just might still have a flippin stick or two laying around.

Non boat of course!

seaya
Mark Seaters
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Count me in as a boater.....
I'll bring a propane heater!
and maybe some food.....

James Huffmon
Gator

Post by Gator »

stickbait wrote:
I fished there once!

Dave

Hey... like Dave .. I just might pop in for this one ... if the ducks are not flying !!

Non boat of course!

seaya
Mark Seaters
What's up Stickbait!! You show up, you are fishing with me in ole Blue!!!
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

Gator wrote:
stickbait wrote:
I fished there once!

Dave

Non boat of course!

seaya
Mark Seaters
What's up Stickbait!! You show up, you are fishing with me in ole Blue!!!
Ya still driving that old POS ... har har ... :lol: Can that boat still catch fish ?

After running Tonys rig a couple times .. I'm kind of spoiled!

But all kidding aside... I would be honored to fishing out of old blue one last time ... can I drive.. :shock: :lol: :D :D
Last edited by stickbait on Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eagle123777

Post by eagle123777 »

hey dave...still got that back seat open...off the week before if ya want to dust of one those old poles.....jack
Terry Smith

Post by Terry Smith »

I'm in Boater and will bring some drink and something for the BBQ. Delta in January HMMMMMMMMM I hope my non boater knows where to GO :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
http://www.basscat.com
http://www.tntbaits.com/
Lounge Lizard Extreme Bass Fishing
(916) 719-7225
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

Thanks for putting this together Rick, sounds like a blast. I'm going to try to return back to town from winter holiday early and make it out with all'a ya'alls.

Put me down as a tentative backseater and if I can work this out I'll figure something to bring then.
"I'll just drop it on their head, and then rip their lips off with a TV hookset..." <i>unnamed angler when discussing how he fishes a jig</i>
Gator

Post by Gator »

I am working on setting up a signup page to keep track of all this stuff. As soon as it is up I'll let you all know.
Gator

Post by Gator »

NCC Registration page is up!!

If you have already posted here, please go to the Registration page and sign up so we can have an idea of who's coming.

http://www.westernbass.com/shared2/ncc_reg/
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

Butt whar b d'page wit whu sined up?

Obi
Gator

Post by Gator »

Hub - I don't thinkpeople want you plannin on doing things to em cuz they signed up......you might get yer jalopy and chase em around lookin to .........well, I won't get graphic but I do remember the police report from Kelseyville............. 8)
Pat

Post by Pat »

OK, Since I got a personal invite, how can I refuse. Gives me a reason to get a 2009 fishin' license. I'll be there as a non-boater. And if there will be a stove to heat it up, I'll bring some Jambalaya.

Pat