Lack of Japanese fishing the US OPEN?

Hollywood

Lack of Japanese fishing the US OPEN?

Post by Hollywood »

Just curious what you guys think the reason for the Japanese fisherman not making there way out to Vegas to fish in the US OPEN this year is?

Do you think it has anything to do with the new T.D. running WON BASS? Maybe it was that Kennedy had an inn with the Japanese fishreman.

This is not a bash at Won. I am just curious to what you guys think?

Kevin
Rich hamilton

Re: Lack of Japanese fishing the US OPEN?

Post by Rich hamilton »

Kevin,

the numbers have been down for a few years. it was nice to see these guys come over and compete. I think mike, gary yamamoto and Don Lee were a big part of making it happen for these guys. I think when the economy is better they might make the trek again, the open still has a very unique flavor to it. i am suprised that it does not continue to grow with the location and environment that Vegas has to offer. it would be nice to see a different type of open on clear lake that could bring the same number and quality of folks. people like Mead for its reputation for being different every day and the tough conditions. I sure would like to go back next year as it has been a while. RR
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
bassrman

Re: Lack of Japanese fishing the US OPEN?

Post by bassrman »

I would love to see the us open held at clear lake !