A little annoyed with the classifieds section

A little annoyed with the classifieds section

Post by Guest »

Why is it that C&C marine keeps reposting boats for sale in the classifieds section but never puts a price? I think it's pretty tacky and annoying to see this. Makes me not want to do business with them ... And yes I am in the market for a new/used boat.
backlash

Re: A little annoyed with the classifieds section

Post by backlash »

Just curious...do they pay for their ads or is it free to them like us? I mean they are a comercial outlet...
smittyfish

Post by smittyfish »

Vince,

I'm with you on this. This is just another form of spam on Westernbass. There are a few companies that are doing the same thing. It is a total abuse of the classified section. I too will avoid doing any business with these companies.
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

C & C is one of several that do it .
Dont see what is wrong with it , looks like they and the others that do it are just listing what is in stock now.

But I guess to each his own.

Guess WB could have a Dealers corner, butt would anybody go to it.

The BBC has many differnt fourms, only one I look at is the daily funnies.

Here WB lumps everything into a few, sometimes I have to go past stuff to get to what I want to look at but when I post an item. I think it gets more views than on other places
Ron Hunnewell

Post by Ron Hunnewell »

Vince,

Looks to me like they have an add that they are paying for on this web site. I think that gives them the right to post anything on the classifieds. How much have you paid to WB to post ? If you dont like it dont open their adds.

Ron
Clear Lake ...... Heaven on Earth
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Vince Borrego wrote:Why is it that C&C marine keeps reposting boats for sale in the classifieds section but never puts a price? .
I think they are trying to make a living like everyone else.
All the dealers are having a tough time right now, I'll bet there are some real good deals to be had if you gave them a try.

Good luck Vince

Merry Christmas

Post by Guest »

Rod Martin wrote:C & C is one of several that do it .
Dont see what is wrong with it , looks like they and the others that do it are just listing what is in stock now.

But I guess to each his own.

Guess WB could have a Dealers corner, butt would anybody go to it.

The BBC has many differnt fourms, only one I look at is the daily funnies.

Here WB lumps everything into a few, sometimes I have to go past stuff to get to what I want to look at but when I post an item. I think it gets more views than on other places
Why post it online if you are not going to put the price? That's what bothers me. I can get a ranger bass boat from any place in the US and have it shipped or pick up myself. What makes this boat or posting stand out from the countless other anonymous posts on the Internet? If you're going to post on here and you want to sell me then don't waste my time with "call for details"... It's that simple. Telling is not selling. Make me at least think that I'm getting a better deal than the next guy who simply walks in off the street because you value my business being an active memberof westernbass.com.

If you can't follow the ABC's of selling then go back and read "How to sell anything to anyone" and stop wasting our time. Just my $.02.
Noluk

Post by Noluk »

You will NEVER see a posted online price for a new current year Ranger. That is a rule of Ranger Boats to be a dealer. You HAVE to go into the store, call or e-mail (I think those are all 3 allowed) to be quoted a price. most boat dealers have similiar rules. It is designed to keep things even for local dealers etc...

Post by Guest »

Tobe wrote:I think they are trying to make a living like everyone else.
All the dealers are having a tough time right now, I'll bet there are some real good deals to be had if you gave them a try.

Good luck Vince

Merry Christmas
Yes I realize times are tough and after reposting the same ad over and over again I thought it was time to speak up. Selling boats in this market is going to be tough but not impossible if you at least put a tiny bit of effort into it. Cash is king these days and those of us looking to buy expect to get a great deal if you want our business.

Hopefully someone at C&C will read this thread and see that their approach to date is turning off people rathern than selling.

So...

If you want my business sell me. Show me a great deal and make me want to tell all my buddies what a great deal I got because they give westernass.com guys a better deal than everyone else. If they can't do that then what are they doing on here?
smittyfish

Post by smittyfish »

There are year old boats that aren't the current year Rangers that also don't have a price quote.

I agree with Vince and don't open these ads. I would drive to Anglers before I called any of these ads.
civicrr

Post by civicrr »

I drove down to Anglers' Anaheim location to buy my used 2004 Ranger 520 early last summer. I felt the ad provided a decent amount of info. There were several calls made & returned to verify & have them provide more info. Answered a lot of questions (first bassboat) & earned my business. They were nice to deal with unlike some local dealers.

Stopped by there while visiting Disneyland with the family around Halloween. When I purchased a couple of goodies, they asked my name "because, you look familiar". That was from a guy who didn't help me directly with the boat purchase. I received a discount on the lures & weights since I bought a boat from them.

That being said, I have had good experiences dealing with C&C on accessories for the boat.... BTW, I did not shop C&C for my boat.
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

Im with Vince on this one. I can not see why they can't put a price of the boat. Im looking to purchase a new Skeeter and ever time I look at the Skeeter dealers sits they always have call for price.When I look at other dealers up on the sponser board the only one that the testicles to put the price is Oasis Water Sports.
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

I know this is a silly question, but you picked C & C. Other businesses on here have done the same. Is there a reason you picked C & C.

Or is there a reson you picked WB ?

I read posts and try to learn from them. Since their are other businesses that that do the same , there is no reason to single out C&C?
Gator

Post by Gator »

From a WB standpoint, we do not control the advertisements that are posted. This has always been a free service we provided. It is up to the individual consumer to choose what they read/investigate. We do not change the rules based on commercial/personal posts.
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

I would think if a person was looking for a Ranger model that was posted, saw the pix. and liked the colors. That would be reason enought to call.

They have that boat that color with those options, in their showroom now and they are ready to deal.
Really what else does a person need

WB covers a lot of area, looks like a good ad to me.
MARK D. INMAN

Post by MARK D. INMAN »

I for one think C&C marine does and outstanding job listing there boats on here and as much info and detail it takes time to list whats on each boat new our used boat. A simple call for a price is not to much out of the way to do if you know what your looking for.
Lefty's Lure Co. Custom handcrafted jigs
Home of the puffball jig
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I agree with what you said Mark. Vince, if it really bothers you, don't read it. :shock:
justflipit

Post by justflipit »

the reason they do this is because there are so many different types of people coming in to buy a boat. some people are easier to take advantage of and you can sell them the boat for full pop. there are also some people who nickle and dime the sh%# out of the sales person and try to get the boat for as cheap as possible. the reason that they dont put the price is simple they want to get you down to the dealership before they talk about price because if c&c marine puts that they are selling a 08 z20 for $50k then they no you will call another ranger dealership and shop there price to try and get a lower price, that is what they want to avoid. it is the same as car dealerships. i agree with you it would be nice if they would put the price on the boat but in this business they cant.

my 2 cents.
Grape Ape

Post by Grape Ape »

Have you ever read an "Auto Trader"? Dealers listings everywhere without the asking prices. If you see something you like....pick up the phone and call them. Trust me the guys at C & C Marine won't bite you...nor are they pushy. If you don't like it don't read it and move on.
Harry Markarian

Markarian Investigations @ (209) 777-9696
USAF (Retired)
Merced PD (Retired)
C & C Marine
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

MARK D. INMAN wrote:I for one think C&C marine does and outstanding job listing there boats on here and as much info and detail it takes time to list whats on each boat new our used boat. A simple call for a price is not to much out of the way to do if you know what your looking for.
I dont see anything wrong with it, I am picking up a Z21 from C&C this week. The ad didn't have a price on it, a simple phone call to get a price and work a deal over the phone.

Great service and a breeze dealing with Richard at C&C!