McClure Trout on Fire

Turkeyman

McClure Trout on Fire

Post by Turkeyman »

My son, father-in-law and I decided to do a little trout fishing at McClure on Sunday, we had heard all the reports, so we went armed for trout and ended a very nice day with 90 trout and 3 bass. It was so much fun we went back today and caught 120 trout and 1 bass. My friend took his dad and his son and they had 79 trout and 12 bass. If anyone wants to do some catching head for McClure.
basshunter4u

Re: McClure Trout on Fire

Post by basshunter4u »

Now that I believe because of the ban on many of those lakes around that area. I heard that Pedro McClure and Malones got 40.000 lbs of trout alone in December. Crazy amounts of bass food
never give up, be possitive and patient, and you will be rewarded
hogbeastbassin

Post by hogbeastbassin »

Now are we talking trolling or shore fishing? 120 trout sounds like a good reason to call in "sick" to work!
Turkeyman

Post by Turkeyman »

Just casting from the boat, we caught a few trolling from one side of the bays to another.
blkdog812
Location: "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be

Post by blkdog812 »

melones, pedro and mcclure are all on trout fire. kastmaster chrome/blue casting from shore or the boat.

take a kid fishing or just go have some fun and catch a quick dinner
201Pro

Post by 201Pro »

I found that trout bite 2 weeks ago while fishing a bass tournament there. Could keep the trout off my ripbait and could not catch a bass on it because the trout were so aggressive. been back three times and have killed trout each time. The bass bite is not bad, but overs are difficult to get.
Chris
=========================
2004 Ranger 521VX, ETEC250HO
8" Atlas Hydro Plate, 25p Tempest+
Hotfoot/ProTrim/4-bank Dual Pro
2x Blade Series Power Poles
Minn Kota Fortrex 112
Lowrance HDS12 Carbon & Gen3
=========================
jaime7819

Post by jaime7819 »

Was there yesterday for trout, it was pretty slow compared to the last couple of weeks.
Grape Ape

Post by Grape Ape »

I was there yesterday too and the had more trout on the line than bass! Geesh At the weigh in of our tourney that's all the anglers kept talking about was the trout bite. If your a trout fisherman and heading to McLure.....fish the banks! We all laugh at these guys...and gals...trolling around for trout. Hit the bamks and you'll limit in an hour. Hmmmmm....maybe that's why the bass bite has slowed so much over the last 2 weeks.
Harry Markarian

Markarian Investigations @ (209) 777-9696
USAF (Retired)
Merced PD (Retired)
C & C Marine
Phil

Post by Phil »

I for one believe they need to leave Mc clure alone........put all the trout in a lake that is larger or has more water.........The trout are starving the bass I believe............Trout like the Spots used to .running around in large pack like Wolves and eating thrashing everything.................Caught them on large crankbaits, Gitzits, Rubber worms, even Bass jigs yesterday.........TO To To many trout....................

JIGS
Grape Ape

Post by Grape Ape »

Hey Phil....maybe we (Bass Fisherman) should all hit that lake and keep all our limits of trout! Hit it as often as we can. Oh and let me add to your list of baits that got hit.....my partner landed one on a swimbait!
Harry Markarian

Markarian Investigations @ (209) 777-9696
USAF (Retired)
Merced PD (Retired)
C & C Marine
Sean Graf

Post by Sean Graf »

Trout at Melones is also on fire, easy limits near the ramps, the kids had a blast the past 2 weekends!
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Sean Graf wrote:Trout at Melones is also on fire, easy limits near the ramps, the kids had a blast the past 2 weekends!
We slayed the heck out of the trout from shore at Melones New Year's eve. Tuttletown area was going off. People hooking up everywhere you looked. Kastmasters were the ticket.
Sean Graf

Post by Sean Graf »

Tin Can wrote:
Sean Graf wrote:Trout at Melones is also on fire, easy limits near the ramps, the kids had a blast the past 2 weekends!
We slayed the heck out of the trout from shore at Melones New Year's eve. Tuttletown area was going off. People hooking up everywhere you looked. Kastmasters were the ticket.
Kastmasters are still the ticket! Along with Panther Martins, trout worms fished "dropshot style", inflated crawlers have been our ticket to limits though.