Ultimate Bass this Saturday at 5 am 1140 AM

kb

Ultimate Bass this Saturday at 5 am 1140 AM

Post by kb »

Well the time has finally rolled around to October 1 and Ultimate Bass will air the first of what we hope will become a long running radio show strictly for bass anglers. I hope you will tune in and kick off the first show with us Saturday morning at 5 am on KHTK 1140 AM.

We have put a great deal into the production of the first show and the response from the fishing industry has been very good. Our commercial spots are nearly sold out. There are a couple left but starting with the awesome line-up of supporters is just great.

The first show will feature live interviews with Gene Bucholz from the Hook, Line and Sinker, Clear Lake expert and recent winner of the 100% pro-am on Clear Lake, Jimmy Reese, Six time Bassmaster Classic Qualifier and Host of Bass Tech on ESPNII, Skeet Reese, The West's winningest angler and recent winner of the WON Bass Western Classic, Ranger Cup and Daiwa Cup, Gary Dobyns and holding true to his word that he would be there for the first show no matter what the Founder and President of Triton Boats, Earl Bentz will be a special guest.

If you miss the chance to hear the show live on KHTK 1140 we have formed a partnership with Tony and Westernbass.com to archive the show here on Western Bass and you will be able to listen to the entire show right here. Like tournament results it may take a day or so to get it archived here on Western Bass but you guys won't miss a thing.

Tell your friends about it! Thanks for the support guys and I will try to bring you the best bass show you can ask for every week. Drop in a post if there is someone you would like to hear on Ultimate Bass in the upcoming weeks. We will have John Murray, Brett Hite, Mark Kile, Shaw Grigsby, Gary Klein, Robert Lee, Mike Reynolds, Dee Thomas, Greg Guiterrez and Andre Moore just to name a few on the show in the upcoming weeks.

Kent Brown
Ultimate Bass
Saturdays 5am
KHTK 1140 am.
NaCl

Hey Kent, is this a listener "call in" show?

Post by NaCl »

If so, you might want to post the phone number. Also, how long is the show?

I'm sure you'll do the same great job for bass anglers that you have always done in prior roles. Good luck and I'll be listening.

.....NaCl
Trace

Re: Ultimate Bass this Saturday at 5 am 1140 AM

Post by Trace »

KB,
I'll be listening to your show. Turn on ESPN2 at 5:00 am during your show and watch the Schooled by Denny Brauer Championship final.
Tracy Patton
BShafer

Post by BShafer »

Now I have to figure out how to tape your show the mornings that I'm not on the way to the lake or work.
kb

Not a listener call in show Dean

Post by kb »

If I did that someone might want to call in and talk about trout or fly fishing or trolling or carp.....no I'll leave that to Sep from 6-8. Glad to know your around and doing ok. I will have pre-arranged guests to fill the time on the show.

kb
davet.

Hey Kent..

Post by davet. »

Won't this cut into your fishing time just a little? Are you gonna pass up tournaments that conflict with the radio show? Either way, I'm looking forward to the show.
Calistar

Post by Calistar »

"John Murray, Brett Hite, Mark Kile, Shaw Grigsby, Gary Klein, Robert Lee, Mike Reynolds, Dee Thomas, Greg Guiterrez, Andre Moore, Skeet Reese, Gary Dobyns...."

Sheesh, Kent...couldn't you find some anglers that we've actually heard of?! :wink: :D

Awesome line-up....I'll be listening!

GregH.
Sac Bass Wranglers
Folsom Bass League Staff
survivor

Post by survivor »

:D Kent your show is going to be awesome. Just remember some of your listeners will be new to bassin', so you might include some fundamental tidbits for us new guys. Also you may want to state your name quite often because your voice sounds exactly like Sep's and we don't want to get you guys mixed up :lol: :lol:. You have always done well in whatever you do and this will be no exception. Next is TV???? The best to you.
Paul aka Survivor
Vernonn

Re: Good Luck!!

Post by Vernonn »

I was listening a couple weeks ago when you had Shaw on. I'll be looking forward to listening on Saturday mornings.

-Vernon
sTony

Re: Radio Archives

Post by sTony »

Don't worry if you mis the show on Saturday morning cause you're sitting in a line to blast off for a tournament or cause you overslept. Ultimate Bass will be running on our radio archives page morethen likely jus a couple of days after the orginal broadcast.

That link would be:

http://www.westernbass.com/dotcom/radio/

You can also check out recent archvies of Sep's California Sportsmen, In-Fisherman Radio, Big Tuna Bill and Stan Vanderberg's Rod and Reel Radio, Justin Wolff's Angler West Radio, Montana Outdoors Radio and Western Fishing and Boating Radio. You can also check out WesternBass Radio from this page as well.

sTony
ACRon

Radio Archives-Pod Cast

Post by ACRon »

How about Podcasts for those of us that spend a lot of time on the road. We can download including the advertising and listen as we travel. What better way to warmup on the way to the lake.

Ron
Manuel

Re: Radio Archives-Pod Cast

Post by Manuel »

Great Idea.
I spend a couple hours a day on the road commuting to work much less time to the water.
Jeff Huth

Congrats Kent on your new venture.............

Post by Jeff Huth »

Looking forward to listening, I know it will be a first class program like all else you are associated with.
Best of luck,
Jeff Huth
sTony

Re: Congrats Kent on your new venture.............

Post by sTony »

We're working now to get Ultimate Bass and WesternBass.Com Radio setup for Podcasts. Will update you here with full information when the shows are ready to download to iPods.

sTony
daveerwin

Post by daveerwin »

Kent,

Awesome show! My buddy and I listened on the way to the Delta Saturday Morning. Great line-up, great information, and very entertaining. I'll be one of your regular listners. Gene Buchotz' segment offered a few pointers we used that day.

Dave Erwin
Dewayne

Re: Good Show

Post by Dewayne »

Kent,
Caught the show on my way up to Clear Lake. Sounded great.

Thanks!
Dewayne
Mark Hiser

Post by Mark Hiser »

Hey there KB. Congrats on the Talk show, Hope we can get it up here where the good guys live. If anybody can make it last a long time, I'd put my $$ on you. Don't forget to talk about Shasta, you remember, it's up by the OLD boat dealer :D :D See ya on the water.
Mark