Boat project

If it doesn't fit in any other forum, this is where it goes.
Greg_Cornish

Boat project

Post by Greg_Cornish »

I got the paint job on my old new boat done finally. 5 coats of two tone Corvette Sunset Orange. I need to get the deck hardware next. I'm getting some original stuff chromed. The boat is real filthy in this photo. Tomorrow it gets washed and I'll get other photos. The upholstery was done in white and a gray blue as is the motor of the boat. Everyone is questioning my color choices. So am I. The motor is painted and ready to go. It's the original Evinrude Lake with 20 or less hours on it. I think these boats were originally sold by Western Auto then the company was sold to Sears. I still need to manufacture two windshields, one on each hump. These at the beginning weren't very popular because of the lack of functionality (not a family boat) but have since become quite valuable. It'll look very sweet with al l the deck hardware in place and the rub rail on. I still need to carpet it, mount the motor, add the hardware State numbers, bilge pump, battery, replace or restore the steering wheel. and gas tank. It should top end at 45 with the original 40 hp motor. I paid $500 for boat, motor and trailer. The paint for top and bottom was double that.

Here's before photos.

http://www.significantudders.com/batwing
Last edited by Greg_Cornish on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Ringer

Re: Boat project

Post by Ringer »

DAMN!! That is about the coolest thing I have seen. What a great find and a nice job on the restoration.
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Greg I think those colors will be nice on that hull.

Great looking boat :D
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Looks awesome Greg. That's one cool little boat!
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

Great job Greg.Send me your address and send some Skeeter stickers for it!!!!
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

where's the "Filpping Deck" ?????
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms