collins lake resort

eagle123777

collins lake resort

Post by eagle123777 »

looking for info on the campground/resort...any place we go this summer will have low water and never have been here so thought i might give it a try....thks jack
R. Duzac

Re: collins lake resort

Post by R. Duzac »

I hear it's a puddle right now.
Water is used for a lot of farming.
I honestly don't know if they will have enough water to go this year. You would have to keep an eye on it.

That said, it's an excelent place to take the family. (I haven't been in about 5 years).
Nice campgrounds, great store with famous Ice-Cream.
Stocked with Trout, Good size spots.
Beach area for swimming.
Playground for the small kids.
Clean. (Limited Showers)

R. Duzac
texas john

Post by texas john »

Fished there this past saturday and the lake is back up enough to allow the use of there regular ramp. Also its up enough to tear a lower unit right off your boat if your not carefull. This lake is fun to fish when they are on. Somehow they are getting an exemption on the trout stocking so this will be one of the few smaller lakes that will still be stocking trout this year, THANK YOU STANFORD). Anyway it is nice, I have never stayed the night there but the launch fee for the day is $18 bucks during the summer, $16 right now. If your fishing watch out for the submerged islands in the middle of the lake there is several marker buyos to help, still keep your distance.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/jtrtexca/usmcsealani.gif[/img]
www.johnrector.yolasite.com
www.pepperjigs.com
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Collins is a great place to camp with the family. Clean campgrounds, showers, hookups, ICE CREAM. Have an open mind it does kick out some nice bass, AND nice trout. A small lake that is a great place to spend the weekend. Book up your reservations now, cause it fills fast!
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
eagle123777

Post by eagle123777 »

thks for info guys have a week off in late may so maybe by then the water will be up a bit....if not can enjoy a cold one at the camp site.....jack
philip garcia

Post by philip garcia »

Hey texas john I think they are allowed to stock it because it is a private lake and they purchace the fish from a private hatchery. I know every year they plant alot of trout from 5 to 8 pounds
Scott L

Post by Scott L »

I would agree with the assessment about Collins being a great family resort. You won't be dealing with the stereotypical hard partying watersport crowd. They don't allow PWC and crack down hard on loud music and big partys.

My wife likes it for the kids. Very nice playground compared to most campgrounds and a swimbeach. I have never been overly successful fishing for bass, but they are there.

The best campsites cater to RVs, but if you are tent camping it is nice to have the electrical hookups and water in your campsite. If you don't have a RV, they have a couple of trailers on sites for rent fully stocked as well as a few small cabin type trailers.

If you have a boat, you can moor it in a slip or pull it up on shore at night.

It does fill up quickly, so reservations would be a good idea. You can also check back for cancellations.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Scott
texas john

Post by texas john »

Phillip,

They were on the original list published by the DFG as not being allowed to stock until an EIR has been done. Since that first publication there have been revisions, and they are no longer on the list. Maybe because they do have there own hatchery or the lake size? All I know is that a lot of the smaller lakes are loosing there trout stocking due to the lack of the EIR.

I hope this makes the swimbait bite better. :)
www.pepperjigs.com
Larry Hemphill

Post by Larry Hemphill »

Maybe a reminder of the 9.83 lb spotted bass (second biggest ever caught in U.S.) caught there last spring will get your attention too!!
texas john

Post by texas john »

I am pretty sure I know the area that hog was caught, I know what he was throwing and about the time of year, lets hope she made it through the winter ok.
www.pepperjigs.com
cleb19

Post by cleb19 »

texas john wrote:I am pretty sure I know the area that hog was caught, I know what he was throwing and about the time of year, lets hope she made it through the winter ok.

HAHAHAHAHA LOL

Awesome place to fish, your average sized spot estimate is WAY TO LENIANT this place has big spots....