What do you like about fishing videos?

sTony

What do you like about fishing videos?

Post by sTony »

So what is it that draws you to watch fishing shows? What type of coverage do you prefer; tournaments, on the water instruction, bios, fishing excursions, what? Anything you'd like to see on video that you don't get to see on what's currently available? How long do you sit in front of the TV to watch a fishing video? How long on a computer?

Thanks,

sTony
Skeeterman

Re: What do you like about fishing videos?

Post by Skeeterman »

I like it all from tournaments to fun videos.
Jason C.

Post by Jason C. »

I dont know what it is, but to me there is really no better show on TV then the one on the Elite Series. What ever it is that they do, I love it. Now this isnt to say I dont like the local shows like True Bass or the likes. Because those shows are great too. Again Im not sure what it is about the Elite shows it just excites me. Always has and always will.

One thing I would like shows to do is film where the anglers are flippin, pitchin, or casting too. Instead of just focusing in on them the whole time show where they are casting and what the kind of structure it is that they are targeting. Expecially when they are useing topwater baits. If you got the camera off the angler here and there to watch what the bait is doing that could add some excitement as you never know when a fish is going to take it!
Winning Isn't Everything...But Wanting To IS!
Tight Lines, Jason C.
jasonconser@yahoo.com 925-727-4077
[color=orange] www.dobynsrods.com [/color]
[color=blue] www.inland-marine.com [/color]
Rod Wynn

Post by Rod Wynn »

I like them all...
I just wish they would put a detter description on these shows because I am sick of my DVR recording the same shows over and over again..
From "City Limits", Jimmy Houston, Hank Parker, Roland Martin = re-run city!
AMATEURS work until they get it RIGHT..
PROFESSIONALS WORK until they CAN'T get it Wrong..
whazup

Post by whazup »

I have watched everything available that involves the Delta on Western Bass TV. Have also watched most of the videos on Bassfishing TV. I like the instructional videos, and like Jason, would like to see lure placement.(especially flippin and pitchin) Let me take this opportunity to thank everyone involved in Western Bass. I spend way too much time here but I really enjoy it. I think I am addicted.
Melones_IS_Mine

Post by Melones_IS_Mine »

When I was young, my friends and I would get up as soon as fishing shows came on. Watched everything from Babe Winkleman to Bassmasters. As soon as Orlando Martin or Roland Wilson came on, we'd go fishing.

When I got my comp, I couldn't afford both internet and cable, so I was lucky to find westernbass.tv through John Chiarpotti's website.
Now, I'd rather watch how the local pro's approach their' water, or ISE type seminars to soak up info.
N.A.R

Post by N.A.R »

Aaron Martens with the volume down.
Bassin

Post by Bassin »

Well, since my wife says I am "sick in the head" with our DVR being full of recordings of every fishing show out (I agree, the reruns Suck!) and that it is basicly the only way I spend the little down time at night and at work on line....I would have to say that I prefer the "How to" shows the best..."The Bass Pros" by Bass Pro Shops on VS is great. The "Cooch" stuff on WB TV is great (When is there going to be another Senko video?)
Bryan Vogt..... Central Cal Bassin
Austen

Post by Austen »

I love the videos put together with big baits like the Lunker Punker madness video and the Big Bait Posse. it gets your adrenaline pumpin! :D
Ken C.

Post by Ken C. »

I like to see more of the "where & why" videos as Jason mentioned, showing the bait presentation and the logic behind it more than who is throwing it. I can't really learn anything by watching an anglers' face. A good representation of this is the True Bass episode where KB went out with the "Old Man" and Dee described the little points he was flinging to and the logic behind going through with a crankbait then turning around and throwing a jig, plastic or senko. Great information and at least there were a few shots of his targets!
[i][b]To the world, you might be just one person. But to one person, you just might be the world...[/b][/i]
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/shred1080/misc/Disclaimer.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Kadota.jpg[/img]
Dom

Post by Dom »

You know what I would like to see? I'll tell ya, I would like to see West Coast Bass Mag come to life we need videos of our local anglers fishing local tournaments, interviews, product reviews of whats working on the west coast,Big Bass segment maybe zip down south or get with some of our local nor-cal big trophy huntin guys. maybe a day on the water kind of deal.

Well there ya go at least a hour show there and all devoted to waters were gonna fish on a week to week basis. I like Sam Rayburn,El Salto, Ochachobee(sp) etc.. but I aint going to fish any of these any time soon.

But unlike the Mag, I would like it produced and delivered before "the second coming" :wink: Sorry just couldn't resist LOL

Tight Lines Dom :D
Tight Lines Dom
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

I agree with the above, but would also like to see more of the sonar screens and what depth the boat is in. How the baits are rigged, modifications,how the angler is working the reel and rod. What Line and test strength. Which hooks and size. Maybe some map features showing where on points and humps that are being fished.

Morgan
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

i like it when people bounce tenners! Thats cool! :lol: :lol: I think people want to see more of exactly what your doing. Where you cast, water temp, bait rigging, etc..... But that takes all the wondering out of it and i think thats half the reason we keep watching. Espn has a great show. The most exciting. It has a lot to do with editing. they have a crew you wouldnt believe. when you 1 or 2 guys that just edit your limited to what you can produce. They have 3 sound guys, multiple producers, multiple editors. Thats why those guys have jobs. they are that good! I think we need to see more of everything. There just isnt enough fishing on period.
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
SoCalBassAssassin

Post by SoCalBassAssassin »

Morgan wrote:I agree with the above, but would also like to see more of the sonar screens and what depth the boat is in. How the baits are rigged, modifications,how the angler is working the reel and rod. What Line and test strength. Which hooks and size. Maybe some map features showing where on points and humps that are being fished.

Morgan
Ditto! Especially the how to parts on the sonar, and baits rigged & fished..
I came. I caught. I released. Life is good! -Saul-
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I'd like to see more of the underwater camera stuff, especially on how fish take the bait.
And more SoCal lake stuff, so I can learn how to fish! :lol:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Melones_IS_Mine

Post by Melones_IS_Mine »

Back in '89 or '90, Bassmasters had what I considered an awesome idea. In one episode, they had 3 pro's-Tommy Biffle, and 2 others I can't remember.

Anyway, in this particular show, they asked the 3 how they would approach a lake. In this case it was Tenkiller, Oklahoma. It was interesting to see how each fished differently and offered their perspectives.

That's the only show like that I saw on Bassmasters until B.A.S.S. came out west. Then they had an occasional show with Skeet Reese and Dean Rojas on the same lake, but different day(Elephant Butte?). I don't know if Bassmasters still does that, but I enjoy those shows the most.
BassketCase

Post by BassketCase »

I agree with Mark.

I would really like to see a "Planet Earth" or "Nat Geo" type program on Bass. As much as I like watching guys catch fish... I would like to see more underwater footage that shows how the fish are reacting to the baits.

The small segments on the "Hooked on Bass" show the other day were really cool. Watching those bass come out of the weeds to destroy the baitfish (and another bass) was awesome!

If someone made a 2 hour documentary on habitats, seasonal movements, how they feed on different forage, etc... I dont think anyone on this site would have a problem forking out $20+ bucks for it.
R. Duzac

Post by R. Duzac »

1) I like videos I can relate to that are on local waters I fish. (True Bass)
2) How too instruction on new baits or techniques.
3) Anglers catching fish in a single day or time period.
City Limits Fishing (Mike Iconelli)
A Day on the Lake with XXXX Pro
4)Fun shows (Fun Fishing Alan Fong and Warren Trumbly)

I would really like to see one of them (True Bass) take a day with a local club to show what goes on to help drive up membership in the lower ranks. So many pros at one time started with a club and moved up from there. It would only benefit everyone.

Rene Duzac
FR0G

Post by FR0G »

I really like the way the Worlds Greatest Fishing Show is put together. You won't learn much from it in my opinion, but it is sure fun to watch.

Shows with more advanced techniques would be nice too. Most tips the shows give you, most of us already know.