colored floats

griz01

colored floats

Post by griz01 »

Does anyone know where I could find the multi colored float balls only that are on some of the fish tags that you attach to the fish?
BuckSnort

Re: colored floats

Post by BuckSnort »

griz01

Post by griz01 »

Appreciate the suggestion, but those aren't what I'm looking for. The ones I'm looking for a made of styrofoam. I have the colored coded clips from Berkeley but I want to put float balls on them so it's easier to get a hold of them when they are in the livewell. That water can be cold.
Marty

Post by Marty »

Wal-Mart
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Use old crankbaits... DD22's work great for that.

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Or sort thru some balsa floats/bobbers, obtain 5-7 colors that are differant or paint some and use them for your floats. They are cheap and work very well as culling floats on your clips. Bill K :)
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

For me, the floats are just a convenience for getting a hold of the rope... most of the time the ropes are colored, so it matters not to me whether the float hs colored or not.

Lots of ways you can get creative and save some bucks!

Roger
AaronAgner

Post by AaronAgner »

I took the Cul-M-Rite clips with the white foam floats and colored them with different colored sharpie permanent markers. Been using them for over a year now and they still look great. No color fade.
kopper_bass

Post by kopper_bass »

Griz,
If you are using the Berkley culling scale, i would suggest that you forget the colors and just go by the numbers 1 thru 7. You dont really need to care about a color, and you wont find buoys that match all those colors because they use some weird color definitions.

You can use the foam balls and cords for cull-m-rite:
http://www.basstackledepot.com/cul-m-ritefloats.aspx
and then just use a black marker to write the numbers on it. Write the number on 2 sides of the foam buoy.

If you know you need to cull #4 fish, just grab the buoy with #4 on it; simple. This is what i do.

Also, remember that you should just use the buoy to get control of the fish, not lift it out with the cable. Grab the fish by the lip instead.

Kopper
Nobody remembers who came in 2nd place. Fish Hard - Play Hard!
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

make sure you have enough line between the ball and the float so that the fish doesn't have to fight the float to stay on the bottom of your livewell

Remember that you only want the ball/tag/rope to help you find the fishes mouth while the fish is still underwater. you don't want to use the ball/tag/rope to lift the fish out of the water, it rips the **** out of the fishes mouth skin, causes infections and further injures the fish.

I wince and wonder wtf people are thinking when you see photos of people holding fish up by the culling ball and fish hanging on the end of the line. think people, think
"I'll just drop it on their head, and then rip their lips off with a TV hookset..." <i>unnamed angler when discussing how he fishes a jig</i>
BassManDan

Post by BassManDan »

A bass fisherman that doesn't want to get his hands cold and wet...

The "smallest violin" comes to mind :P

My advice, suck it up and dunk your fingers on in a grad them fish.
BassManDan - 1997 Stratos 295 Pro Elite

"In the spirit of akido, sh-sh-sh-shaaa."
-Dale Gribble from TV's "King of the Hill"

"It would be the best of all possible worlds were it not for religion."
- John Adams, 1776