RX sunglasses

Cesar L

RX sunglasses

Post by Cesar L »

Where do you guys get your prescription sunglasses at? I went to lens crafters and all they have is oakleys but they wont work with my prescription. Can anybody direct me to a store or a website that I can order some.
DeltaDan

Re: RX sunglasses

Post by DeltaDan »

Cesar- If you happen to have Kaiser - with some coverage for eye glasses - They do Maui Jims. I have no idea if they serve people outside of their plan. ??

You can do it on the web from Frames Direct as well.

Scroll down on the left to Prescription Sunglasses. ~~> http://www.framesdirect.com/Maui-Jim-Pr ... hqd-s.html

The MJ Sting-Rays I LOVE .. Thinking of moving into these ~~> http://www.mauijim.com/webapp/wcs/store ... &langId=-1
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

Costco is by far the place to go for this..... they have all types of frames including maui jims and they are by far the cheapest and best warranty on the planet..... I am not sponsored by costco.....
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Hey Dan or ROG does you vision insurance cover this type of item, also too if you dont mind me asking or want to reply via pm how much did you pay for your MJ's in a script?

My prescription hasnt changed, but my old frames are getting pretty tired. I could hold out another year, since I now have a pair of Saftey prescription glasses for work.

Thanks!
Ken C.

Post by Ken C. »

I narrowed my choices down to Wylie-X or PanOptix because I wanted wrap-around frames. I ended up with PanOptix because of the fit. You can log on to the various makers' websites and find a local outlet/vendor for them and go try them on. When I bought mine my insurance paid for the exam at one of the "super-store" eye places, but none of them had the frames I wanted so I went out-of-network. I think my IC paid about $125 and I made up the remainder ( I think around another $150 or so).

My recomendation is to go try on the frames and find what works for you and your Rx the best. After that there are very few lens/color/shape/polarization combo's that cannot be duplicated for whatever frames you pick out. :wink:
[i][b]To the world, you might be just one person. But to one person, you just might be the world...[/b][/i]
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/shred1080/misc/Disclaimer.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Kadota.jpg[/img]
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

my wife wears glasses and I do not have insurance.....I could but I dont carry it because she is the only one in the family that wears rx glasses...... I recently bought her two pairs of glasses...... one regular pair that the frames were only $50.00 at costco..... same frames at lenscrafter were $249.00..... and I got her a pair of sunglasses also $50.00 frames.

I paid $179.00 cash no insurance plus tax. Costco is hands down the best place for prescription glasses.

Polorized might be a little more but I am telling you this is the place....
Gary Ryon

Post by Gary Ryon »

I wear progressives. I had my optometrist send my prescription to Maui Jims. Very, very expensive but a great lens. My current understanding is the Maui Jim changed the vendor they use for progressives since I got mine and now they're even better.

My $0.02
Gary Ryon
West Valley Bassmasters
Cesar L

Post by Cesar L »

Thanks for all the replies guys...looks im going to check out costco and see what's up.
Mike Phua

Post by Mike Phua »

If you have your prescription you can bring them in to Anglers Marine and we can send them out to Maui Jim and Kaenon. Just come and pick out your frame and we'll handle the rest. Any questions call us at 714-666-2628 and ask for our tackle manager John Deutsche. MP
chadbass

Post by chadbass »

If you want the best quality fishing sunglasses out there you need to go to Costa del mar. Their lenses for fishing are the best in the world. They have many selections of lens colors frame styles and they do prescriptions. I've had the pair that I wear for 5yrs. now and I tell you the visibility is still incredible. Thanks, Chad Martin
Cesar L

Post by Cesar L »

I just bought my glasses today...I got the kaenon lewi's with my rx. They will be here in 2 weeks
AaronAgner

Post by AaronAgner »

I just got 6 pairs of prescription Costa Del Mars. I like them a lot. If you go to their website they have an Rx page and they tell you were their vendors are who will do that. I found a place here in redding, so im sure you can find one in the sac area.
But i must inform you, the glass you get is not actual Costa Del Mar, its what ever glass their contracted outside lab uses. Glass color, tint, and style differs from the normal advertised glass. I wouldnt say bait and switch, but it sure is misleading.