GPS Modeule not responding

basshunter4u

GPS Modeule not responding

Post by basshunter4u »

Anyone see this on their Lowrance. I cant get a signal? Could it be the receiver module? Any help would be appreciated
never give up, be possitive and patient, and you will be rewarded
swimbait

Re: GPS Modeule not responding

Post by swimbait »

Don,

It happens on mine when the battery is about to die. Try a fresh charge or a fresh battery to troubleshoot.

-Rob
barse41

Post by barse41 »

is it not working on the water? mine will not work at my house when im playing around with it. i think the trees n powerlines mess up the signal
theres a fine line between fishin and standin on a boat like an idiot
Mort

Post by Mort »

Mine had done that a few times and I unhooked the cable to the Lowrance and rehooked it making sure it had a good conection.
Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
kopper_bass

Post by kopper_bass »

basshunter,
this has been discussed before on the forum.
Do a search to see.

Some guys have had bad Modules and needed to send them back to Lowrance and get new ones, but it also took a long time to get them back. - ugh!

I have had issues with mine on the water before too. it just stops working for some reason. i really dont know why, but it will just go whacky for a bit and then suddenly start working again.

I would try turning it off and on quite a bit to try and initialize it. when you turn the unit on, go to the GPS status page and watch and see if any satellites start to link up. I am not sure, but if it tries to connect and doesnt get a signal, it likely may stop trying (to conserve power). So once it times out, it may never come on again and try unless you tell it to retry or turn it on/off. There is also a command to Initialize GPS that will get it started again without turning it on/off.

try also to undo the connectors and re-connect. could be a lose pin or contact.

worst case is if it never gets started again, your gonna have to call Lowrance and get a replacement.

good luck,

Kopper
Nobody remembers who came in 2nd place. Fish Hard - Play Hard!
split172

Post by split172 »

I 2cnd that on checking the connection. Mine has done that a few times, unhooking it and hooking it back up worked. Also try some WD40 on the connections. If that doesnt work, I have also had one of the T-connectors go bad within 1 month of putting it in. Good luck.
Joe Bruce

Post by Joe Bruce »

mine has done it twice, both times the puck was full of water.
LEN B

Post by LEN B »

The GPS module not responding error is specific to units that are not recognizing the GPS module.
Make sure that the NMEA 2000 power is hooked up.

Make sure that the 60 ohm terminator (shorter cable on units using a GPS N2KY cable) is plugged in.
Make sure that the NMEA 0183 (orange, yellow, blue, and ground) wires are taped individually and not touching.
Make sure you have the latest software in the unit.
Do a hard reset on the unit. Make sure that you have saved your waypoints before doing this reset. This reset will erase all memory in the unit. Please follow the procedure below.
1. Turn unit OFF.
2. Press and hold the ZOOM IN.
3. Press and hold the ZOOM OUT.
4. Press and hold the POWER KEY.
5. Hold all three keys in until the USA Map appears.
This will put the unit in a cold start mode; it may take a few minutes before the unit will lock on.http://www.lowrance.com/en/Support/Self ... e-Support/
Trace

Post by Trace »

I had this happen. I tried all the recommended fixes from Lowrance via internet and telephone. Finally, I was told to send the unit in with $260. They sent it back and it works fine now. I figured it wasn't worth much to me without a working GPS.
Good Luck.