I am looking to buy a Boat, What Manufactor and Model ?

Guy Kelley

I am looking to buy a Boat, What Manufactor and Model ?

Post by Guy Kelley »

Well after much going back and forth about it i have decided to take the plunge and look at buying a new or near new bass boat.

I have been running a ranger 394vs for awhile and really like the Rangers not the z models much but the 198 and 205 have my interest.

But I am willing to look and others as well, Triton, etc. at this time I don't what to close my self off to any good possibilities.

So what i am after is

19 ft min but 20 would be better

Merc is good what can be said about Envenrude E-tech.

electronics ? Lowrance or ?

Trolling motor how big and what type or model suggested ? Motor guide or ?

Really guys I am amazed at the new tec stuff of the last few years and what as much bang for the buck as i can get between 35K and 40ish K in a tourniment style of boat . this conversation is by no means over and i expect much back and forth of ideas to help in the decision making process.

thanks.
Yeah ? It's Me Again, SO WHAT!!!!!
acm95301

Re: I am looking to buy a Boat, What Manufactor and Model ?

Post by acm95301 »

I like Mercury engines, I like lowrance electronics but the new side imaging with a large enough screen might be nicer (needs huge screen , 3k item). I like minnkota trolling motors, and I'm looking at getting the model with co-pilot ( remote control) and Auto-pilot (automaitic coarse correction).

For boats, I admit I'm not a tournament guy so I still use aluminum. The Ranger brand is nice, so is trition.
2009 Bass tracker 175 TXW 60 hp
Lowrance HD7 with Lss-1.
Power Drive V2 70lb 24v Minnkota trolling Motor.
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Got a couple of questions. Are you going to trade your old Ranger? We have 208's and 198VX Rangers in stock and will take your old Ranger in on trade if you want to make the trek. Pretty good time to get a new one as Ranger has a free cover promo and 2 days ago just came out with a $1000.00 free Arco gas promo. Also you might want to look at the 198 CX Champion as that is a 19'8" boat that rates for 225 and is very competetive price wise. Give us a call. 714-666-2628 Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
MIKE VAN WAGNER

Post by MIKE VAN WAGNER »

Guy

If you would like to check out the 198 or 208 please give us a call or stop in and see us and we could set up a test ride and let you check out both models before you make any decision and keep your business in Northern Ca.

Thanks
Mike Van Wagner
Capitol City Marine
7812 Auburn Blvd
Citrus Heights Ca. 95610
916-729-0590
Leroy_B

Post by Leroy_B »

Guy, i have a 2007 Triton Tr-20 X2 that i am looking to sell. It still has 3 years of factory warranty on the 225 proxs motor. It has a 1 of a kind factory paint job. Please send me a pm if you want more info. Thanks

Leroy
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

Guy,
If I had the money I'd either: head off to Madera and buy JT's 520 Ranger (if it's still for sale), or I'd get a new 188 with a 175HP.
Good luck.
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
Popper

Post by Popper »

Guy,

I purchased a 519VX Ranger 3 years ago, and to this day love the boat as much as the 1st day. This boat is the same as the 198 except for some options, and changes in the consoles. The boat is design with plenty of storage compartment space for tackle and accessories, handles rods to 8 feet (with no problem removing long rods), stores up to 10 rods on the port side, and several on the starboard side.
The ride and handling of the boat is fantastic, and handles the rough water well when you learn how to optimize the speed and trim during turbulent water conditions.
My boat is set up with a 200 ETEC, and fuel/oil consumption along with the reliability of the motor is excellent.
The Ranger trailers are solid and well designed. After 3 years owning this model boat I would change nothing, and this day she still puts a smile on face every time I hit the water.
I purchased the boat at CC Marine in Sacramento. The service prior and after the purchase under Mike Van Wagner is 1st class.

Hope this helps and if you have any questions regarding this model feel free to drop me an email.

Ed
Roger Saraiba

Post by Roger Saraiba »

Give Scott at Marine Unlimited a call. He can get you out for a test drive with a merc or evinrude. He is in Santa Rosa (707)585-9717
www.marineunlimited.net
www.rangerboats.com
www.bassanglersguide.com
www.dobynsrods.com
www.jigmonster.com
www.monsterfishingtackle.com
Paul W

Post by Paul W »

Basscat or Champion, period! :D

Paul
Mr Gambler

Post by Mr Gambler »

I have a Gambler 2100, one of the reasons I bought the boat was because of its quality. I had it detailed last week & the guy said it had the best carpet & seat material he has seen in a boat :!: But Gamblers are not for everybody, Legend looks like their boats are built well also :D And another thing about my boat is when I go to the lake I don"t see 20 other boats just like it 8)
Mike Matthews, U.S.N. 1963-67
Fish hard, sleep good at night.
npangler

Post by npangler »

go to mossdale, better price better boat worth the drive.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Everyone will tell you their boat is the best, like me I am going to say look at the BassCat - great ride, great fishability, attention to detail.

Really though with the top manufactures you cant go wrong, each boat has its plus and minuses. Decides which strengths are important to you. When I was looking for my used boat i made a short list for boats and engines what was acceptable etc...

My list looked like this

Basscat
Champion
Ranger
Triton

Good luck Guy - it is definatly a buyers market so I hope you find a screamin deal.
keithcant

Post by keithcant »

If you are going on any big water--seriously consider a Champion.
Your money will decide the model. The 203 or 206s are fantastic rides-the key is who was the prior owner and how was it cared for?

Frankly, look at them all.the wear shows up pretty quick on all but Ranger or Champion.

Many believe there are only three Brands of bass boats:
RANGER
CHAMPION
and all the others
"The Gods do not deduct from man's alloted span the hours spent in fishing"--
Proverb Ancient Babylonia.
some guy

Post by some guy »

There is only one brand.

CHAMPION.

Rick G sells both and runs a Champion. That should speak for something right there.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
Tony Lain

Post by Tony Lain »

Sweet deal on 2008 CHAMPION 210SC Elite (Floating Red Corvette), See classifieds here...
RANGER Boats - MERCURY Marine
Mark Pollard

Post by Mark Pollard »

Gone Fish'N Marine carries Nitro, Triton, and Skeeter boats, test ride all three and then decide. :lol:
Mark Pollard
Coldwell Banker Vinson Chase
www.Teampollard.net For Central Valley Real Estate...
www.gfmarine.com for Nitro, and Skeeter Bass Boats...
www.savephace.com
www.teampollardfishing.com
FISH2WIN55

Post by FISH2WIN55 »

Just a thought, but when I go to big tournies and look at the boats there is one thing that stands out. If you take notice to the older boats that are fishing most of them are Rangers. This tells me that out of all the boats made Rangers last the best. This could be only in my area, I don't know. Just a little food for thought.
gsc686s

Post by gsc686s »

Well I have fished out of many brands and they all have their plus and minuses. I love rangers, great qulity but not the fastes or the smothest ride in rough water. I love Basscats, my freind just purchased a new Pantera 4 with 200 Etec and it is asome. The featurs in this boat are desinged for the tournament angler. There is a cubby hole for the net, an ample step to get to and from the back deck, tons of bait storage and it is a very fast 19ft+ boat. I would take a good long look at the P4 for your next boat.
Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Guy,
You should definitely take van wagner up on his offer. I have a z-20, and on my next boat am considering the 208 -old 520-. As far as motors, I have owened all of them and the best I have had is my Evinrude ETEC 225 h.o. that I run now. It is very quiet at idle and has over 300 hours on it without any major problems. ( I did have to have and injector replaced and Philip at Capitol City got it done in two days). He had to wait to get the part shipped overnight which BRP did without hesitation. When purchasing a boat with all of the brand choices etc...quality and service should be your only concerns. Capitol City is number one on my list when it comes to service. So if you like Rangers...
Smitty