Worm Fishing Poll*NM*

What method do you fish plastics most often?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:23 am

Texas Style
45%
Florida Style
4%
Carolina Rig
13%
Split Shot
11%
Drop Shot
29%

Total votes: 56

sTony

Worm Fishing Poll*NM*

Post by sTony »

*NM*
Hipster

Re: Worm Fishing Poll*NM*

Post by Hipster »

You left off the most effective meothod of All!! IMHO HAR

The Darthead!! I say gimme 30 ft and 1/8oz head with a Pro-worm and I am good to go!!!
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
sTony

Post by sTony »

Actually I could only put on so many options on the poll. We'll do something special just for dartheading enthusiasts in the weeks to come.

If you have some specific questions to ask for this or any other technique please forward them. I'm adding thses daily questions to counter act the perception that we're getting to much into tournament stuff and not enough into technique. Not sure I completely agree but I figured if I start putting up such post maybe more folks would follow up with even more useful information to get even more people, whether their posting or not, involved.

sTony
RougeBass

Post by RougeBass »

Ok what this is probably a dumb question but what is florida style?
sTony

Post by sTony »

Well there's a rigging option out there that is basically a texas rig but the weight allows the bait to be screwed on directly to it. It doesn't slip like a texas rig and the weight is basically now attached and can't separate from the hook.

I figured I'd add it as an option to see if folks responded.

sTony
Last edited by sTony on Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

sTony. I am with the group that uses darter heads and weedless rigging the most. On your poll I would have to say dropshot. Thank you. Bill K
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
NaCl

Wacky weightless.

Post by NaCl »

I fish more Senkos than any other plastic and, more often than not, I throw them wacky rigged and weightless. So, I can't answer your question with the choices you offer.

.....NaCl
Barry

Post by Barry »

Darthead and inline jighead. For your choices: Dropshot.
Gator

Post by Gator »

For me it seems to be body of water dependent - either Senko's weightless or dropshot. I do use the Florida rig quite a bit depending on the cover I am fishing.
Cooch

No doubt I'm converted!

Post by Cooch »

August through February, I have come to find myself using a Carolina rig more and more each day on the water, no matter where I fish cept the Delta. It's just very productive, allows me to cover tons of water and various depths. I'm strickly a chuck and wind kinda guy, using mostly a 5 or 6" Zoom lizard. One of these days, I'm gonna put 2&2 tagether with this rig on the River. I know there's a deadly situation out there for this technique, I just ain't found that consistant bite yet. Because of this, the T-rig is a close second on a day to day basis, simply due to how much I rely on this technique on the river year round. Weightless Senkos is a close 3rd, simply because I use them exclusively in March through May only. If I can't catch 15 fish a day on a Senko, it's a waist of my time using that bait on a regular basis, when I have other baits in my arsenal that I can generally rely on that out perform the Senko through out the rest of the year.

I would like to just chime in on this "florida" rig. In reality, this is a TEXAS rig, period. There ain't no special name for using a tooth pick ta peg yer bullet sinker, just like there ain't no special name fer using a piece of rubber ta do the same. Those weights they call "florida rigs", are just a different form of pegging yer Texas rigged weight. Put the "dart head" on yer poll, now that's a REAL technique :!: :!: :!:

Dang Floridians just looking for some lime light since both Texas and California have shoved em out of the "biggest bass in the country" spot! HAR! HAR! HAR!
Kevin Evans - Kap

Post by Kevin Evans - Kap »

An old favorite... :D I would have say T-rig - 1/8 worm weight not pegged.... I like the little 4- inch ring worms on a 1/0 VMC thin wire Vanadium hooks with 6 - 8lb test. You can catch em anywhere on this rig.... Split -shottin is real close 2nd though.

Take a kid fishing..... :)

Kap
Vernonn

Post by Vernonn »

I used to be a worm shaking proponent. But I'm convinced that Carolina rigs will outperform Texas rigged shaking technique year 'round.

IMHO: I do not use screw-lock weights for shaking worms, but I DO use it for flipping and pitching plastic in heavy cover. The screwlock offers an additional benefit over pegged weights because it keeps the plastic from sliding down the hook shank when fishing heavy cover. You will get less snagging of the hook with the screwlock over the pegged weight.

-vernon
Bill kizer

Post by Bill kizer »

1. Dart head
2. Drop shot
3. Spitshot
Just call me Tule bender
basspro@15

Post by basspro@15 »

I find myself using dropshot and weightless Senkos the majority of the time. I agree with Kevin Evans on using a light Texas rig on light line with smaller worms. The first bass I caught on artificials were small T-rigged plastics, think that has something to do with my confidence in them. I fall back on that technique in new water alot. Awesome way to catch fish.
Jake

http://www.bassanglerprofiles.com/jakewilson.htm

www.sieblercustombaits.com
Phil

Post by Phil »

1958 I threw my first worm in Wayne Ross's pond in Redding , Ca, Was a black straight tail Creme worm, using spinning gear with Mitchell 300 reel some cheap 8lb line you could buy 100 yards for a $1.00 ; a few months later it was a Creme purple worm. All split shot with remember weedles hook. Count to 10 before you set the hook, the Bass picks it up, then drops it, turns it around and thren take it by the head/hook, then set the hook......Wow lots of bolony. Lots has sure changed since then, but my vote is still for the split shot worm ...

Phil