Anti-gun legislation - mail order ammo will be outlawed if p

Dan McKenzie

Anti-gun legislation - mail order ammo will be outlawed if p

Post by Dan McKenzie »

California Anti-Gun Bills Advancing in Sacramento
Please Contact Your State Legislators Today!

On June 3, the Assembly passed Assembly Bill 962 by a 42-31 vote. AB962 now heads to the Senate where it has been assigned to the Senate Public Safety Committee. Also on June 3, Senate Bill 585 passed the Senate by a vote of 21-18. It now moves to the Assembly where it will be considered by the Assembly Public Safety Committee. No hearing dates have been scheduled for either bill.

Sponsored by Assembly Member Kevin De Leon (D-45), AB962 would make it a crime to privately transfer more than 50 rounds of ammunition per month, even between family and friends, unless you are registered as a “handgun ammunition vendorâ€
Ringer

Re: Anti-gun legislation - mail order ammo will be outlawed

Post by Ringer »

That is BS. If they can't trample the second in the courts they try to step on your neck with these kinds of laws. The NRA will challenge this and win in court again. I would think you guys need the money wasted on this type of crap for more important things right now.
Dan McKenzie

Post by Dan McKenzie »

You are correct that the NRA would most likely challenge this. The problem going forward is looking more like a divide and conquer type scenario, many communities, municipalities and state governments pass laws and the NRA finds itself overwhelmed and underfunded to fight them all. This is actually been spoken of by several groups with either anti-hunting or anti-gun interests. Many who sponsor this legislation are "owned" and campaigns funded by these groups and their members. Take a look at your local gun shop or ammo dealer, the shelves do the talking. If you find bulk .223, .45 ACP, 9mm ammo in stock consider yourself lucky. I was at BPS this last week to pick up a few items, I bet there wasn't more than 20 boxes total in the center fire aisle of all calibers available.
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

Got that. The antis are trying to pass every little thing they can to eat away at the second. I don't think they liked the latest Gallup polls showint the highest public support for second amendment rights since polling began. I have 4000 rounds of .223 and others so no worry here. Arizona is very gun friendly.